Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    From the group around me in 221 - we all said no DOGSO. There was another guy back within range.
    lesson time, whats DOGSO?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    lesson time, whats DOGSO?
    Direct On-Goal Scoring Opportunity??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GerMc View Post
    I've seen a lot of comments about how Hagglund played better than Moor, but I didn't see that at all last night (like OgtheDim). Hagglund was not good on the ball and gave it away a few times. Maybe some of that came from playing on the left, but Mavinga is a big upgrade there, and I would take Moor/Mavinga over Hagglund/Mavinga any day of the week.
    Hagglund also hasnt played serious minutes for a while.

but when he uses his head, he is letal. for defending, passing and scoring

he is also really quick for someone so big.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Denial of a goal scoring opportunity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    He grabbed his chest and pulled him down. It was the ultimate tactical foul. If he had kicked out and made contact you could argue dangerous/reckless play, but he didn't do that so I don't see it. As for DOGSO there was another Colorado defender about level with Giovinco who would've been there to close down the angle somewhat, along with the aforementioned direction he was heading, not clear enough to warrant a red.

https://twitter.com/JogaBonito_USA/s...78239777574912
    that video clearly shows a kick out that missed, he then tackled him as his 2nd option

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GerMc View Post
    I've seen a lot of comments about how Hagglund played better than Moor, but I didn't see that at all last night (like OgtheDim). Hagglund was not good on the ball and gave it away a few times. Maybe some of that came from playing on the left, but Mavinga is a big upgrade there, and I would take Moor/Mavinga over Hagglund/Mavinga any day of the week.
    I think the main issue for some is that Moor gets turned way too easily by his man and doesn't have the pace to bail him out of his already slow reactions. He might be slightly better on the ball, but that's a marginally redeeming trait by comparison.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    that's better.....damn acronyms.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Auro was picked up as depth, Im excited to see what GVW can do in the MLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    that's better.....damn acronyms.....
    It is actually denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity. The difference may seem trivial but it is important. For example, the Giovinco foul denied a goal scoring opportunity but not an obvious goal scoring opportunity, hence no red.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    Hagglund also hasnt played serious minutes for a while.

but when he uses his head, he is letal. for defending, passing and scoring

he is also really quick for someone so big.
    He also doesn't seem to randomly fall down or give up penalties ...which are growing parts of Moor's game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Moor has replaced Delgado as the new scapegoat for the season?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spencer still in the lead I'd think - but it was Hamilton up to replace Jozy when Altidore went off puking so maybe things have changed.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Spencer still in the lead I'd think - but it was Hamilton up to replace Jozy when Altidore went off puking so maybe things have changed.
    Spencer was not even in the lineup last night, saw him up on the concourse before the game heading to the players box in 123.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any way to watch the games online afterwards? Living in the UK I just can't stay up for midweek games most of the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by El Diego View Post
    It is actually denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity. The difference may seem trivial but it is important. For example, the Giovinco foul denied a goal scoring opportunity but not an obvious goal scoring opportunity, hence no red.
    That's true. But surely to Betsy if you actually rugby tackle someone it's a red card offence. Otherwise it's William Web Ellis all over again

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    That's true. But surely to Betsy if you actually rugby tackle someone it's a red card offence. Otherwise it's William Web Ellis all over again
    I lived in Rugby for a year and would constantly walk past the statue of William Web Ellis on my way to work. I also visited the rugby ball manufacturer (basically someone's house, but apparently they made the only "official balls". But they were probably just trying to impress me. I did purchase a ball from them).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post

Couldn't agree more.

Rugby tackles in soccer should be straight reds.

It's just completely against the spirit of the rules of the game.

Do you really want to see two handed arm grab/tackles as players are blowing past other players and to get off on some bullshit DOGSO technicality?
    What if a player made that sort of tackle in the midfield to break up a promising play? What if five or six of them did it in the same game to disrupt flow? What if a team strategized to do so deliberately through the course of a season knowing that 5 yellows equals a red and then back to normal for the rest of the season (for that player)?

We'd be encouraging a new game in which each team had a 5-8 tackle at your discretion game. We'd be encouraging "soccer/rugby" .... soccerby if you will.

PLEASE. Anyone out there. Show me an example in a soccer match where a player made a full on Rugby tackle against another player.

He made an attempt at the ball... failed miserably, then got left in the dust only to "redeem" himself by two arm tackling Giovinco as he was going by him... Looks like he fell on top of Giovinco too! Please what the fuck is that if not a red card? What sport are we watching here?

Do MLS teams now get 10 free Rugby tackles on Giovinco per game (with a yellow of course) anywhere in the park except on a obvious goal scoring opportunity?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Auro can also play midfield very well. I.e. vdW RB; Auro MF (along with Bradley, Vazquez, Aketxe), bumping Delgado and Osorio.

Vanney won't want to make too many changes at once though. I.e. Osorio and/or Delgado start for now; one or two of the new guys come off the bench.

TFC, despite not playing great, had a ton of chances tonight. Colorado also had some great chances; they actually controlled the game for stretches. It could easily have been 4-2 tonight. The game against Tigres will be extremely tough. It looks to be a few degrees colder that tonight. Hopefully TFC comes out much sharper than tonight, otherwise it could be a blowout.
    Osorio has been good, Delgado was ok. I've seen a lot better from Delgado. I'm not sure who comes out; but if you have a healthy and in form Ager on the bench you better damn well start him after that pathetic performance Tuesday night. Your allowed those type of performances one in a while; but when you draw 0-0 vs Colorado at home; you need a bounce back game. Standards need to be at all time high with Tigres upon us.