Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default CCL Rd. of 16 2nd Leg - Colorado @ TFC Tue Feb 27 8pm - Still the One I Want

We've Had So Many Magical Nights

You'll always be a part of Me

No Matter how we get along

Have at It People

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So does Vanney stick with the same lineup for this one or rotate?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    I think we see some rotation. Having a 2-0 lead with the away goals leaves a huge hole for Colorado to dig themselves out of, especially if we can bang in 1 more. Having the season opener 4 days later may play a part as well. I think we will see Mavinga and VDW make their debuts, possibly Hamilton up front and Chapman in the midfield.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    I think we see some rotation. Having a 2-0 lead with the away goals leaves a huge hole for Colorado to dig themselves out of, especially if we can bang in 1 more. Having the season opener 4 days later may play a part as well. I think we will see Mavinga and VDW make their debuts, possibly Hamilton up front and Chapman in the midfield.
    I'm thinking it would be good to rotate too. Keeps everyone fresh and invested.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want them to go all out next Tuesday and then think about Saturday.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure van der Weil will play in the next game. I woder if Vanney will play around with the formations again and maybe trot out a flat 4-4-2 to bring both Auro and vdW on the same side. I think this is the one game Vanney can experiment with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very seldom does Vanney not go with the best line up he has available for every game no matter what competition it is. This is one time I want to see him sit Bradley. The risk of losing him for a Tigres game is too high.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    While I want to get the new guys more minutes, Vanney always rewards success.

This game will also be a celebration, a fun run out in front of delirious supporters. The stands will be half full, the weather will be crap (even if not Siberia, still pretty awful), the people who are there are the ones who want to be there... this will be an awesome experience for the players, sharing this with the hardcores.

The Seattle lineup earned this. Everyone who started that game (except Beita obviously) gets to start.

Mavinga and vdW come in, Hagglund and Auro go to the bench. Auro subs for vdW at 60 minutes.

Once the tie is 100% setttled... Bradley gets subbed off for Chapman, Moor for Zavaleta.
    Last edited by ensco; 02-21-2018 at 09:28 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the tie is in the bag it would be a perfect time to trot Fraser out for Bradley, especially if an additional defender is subbed in first.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    If the tie is in the bag it would be a perfect time to trot Fraser out for Bradley, especially if an additional defender is subbed in first.
    Only if Fraser has been obviously better than Chapman in training.

I doubt that. Chapman had some pretty good games last year.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Only if Fraser has been obviously better than Chapman in training.

I doubt that. Chapman had some pretty good games last year.
    We're not gonna play Chapman at DM. He'd come in for Vazquez.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley should’ve found a way to take that 2nd yellow last night and just take the suspension for the 2nd leg of this tie. Now the risk is there to lose him at a time he’ll be need more in this tournament.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tdot_LFC View Post
    Bradley should’ve found a way to take that 2nd yellow last night and just take the suspension for the 2nd leg of this tie. Now the risk is there to lose him at a time he’ll be need more in this tournament.
    He could be suspended for more than one match, depending on the nature of the offense. He just needs to stop getting stupid yellows.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This game will also be a celebration, a fun run out in front of delirious supporters. The stands will be half full, the weather will be crap (even if not Siberia, still pretty awful), the people who are there are the ones who want to be there... this will be an awesome experience for the players, sharing this with the hardcores.

The Seattle lineup earned this. Everyone who started that game (except Beita obviously) gets to start.

Mavinga and vdW come in, Hagglund and Auro go to the bench. Auro subs for vdW at 60 minutes.

Once the tie is 100% setttled... Bradley gets subbed off for Chapman, Moor for Zavaleta.
    It will be a good one, TFC has sold about 25K or so tickets for this due to it being in our season seat packages. Can’t really see 7-8k or more tickets outright not being used. Now yes I do see Greg rewarding the team from last night in the return leg.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well said.

Can't wait to be there
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The stands will be half full, the weather will be crap (even if not Siberia, still pretty awful), the people who are there are the ones who want to be there... this will be an awesome experience for the players, sharing this with the hardcores.
    Ticketmaster has the game fairly heavily sold.. but I'm kinda pissed as I can now get better seats for less money then during the presale. Not a lot less but when you drop ticket prices a week before the game people who bought early should get the difference back. I'm just being frugal I suppose.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

25K of season seat holders get a ticket for this - not a lot left to go that's new after all that.

The resale tickets on TM though tell the real story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

weather forecast seems to be improving by a couple degrees.

can't fuckin wait for this one. ive missed the tournament so much.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    weather forecast seems to be improving by a couple degrees.

can't fuckin wait for this one. ive missed the tournament so much.
    Woohoo, shirts off! Pants optional!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I probably wouldn't put Aketxe in Tuesday unless you are certain he's in the mix for the Columbus and Tigres games.

Which I am not certain of.

Continuity counts for a lot in life, Oso and Delgado know how to link up with Seba and Jozy.

I think Vanney needs to get vdW in, work Auro in, keep Zavaleta sharp, and get Bradley's potential DM replacement some minutes (in case Bradley gets that 2nd yellow)... so not sure how Ager slots in. If Bradley won't come off, then Ricketts should get that third sub, we need him too against Tigres.

I'd think about getting Ager ready for live minutes starting in mid March.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel as though this will be a 4-4-2 game:

---------------------------------Bono-----------------------------------------
    -----VdW------------Moor*-------------Mavinga*--------------Morrow------
    ---------------------------------Bradley--------------------------------------
    -----------------------Auro*---------------Oso-------------------------------
    ---------------------------------Vazquez--------------------------------------
    ----------------------Jozy-------------------Seba-----------------------------

*Mavinga/Moor and Auro could be interchanged with Hagglund/Zavaleta and Delgado, respectively. I just personally feel as though Vanney will rotate at least a little in this game and get VdW and Mavinga some minutes.
    Aketxe will get a cameo on Tuesday (10-15 minutes, especially if we are up). Ricketts I am unsure of as we do not know how fit he is after his health issue in pre-season, JHams probably with 20 minutes or so (to spell Jozy in particular).
    If it really gets out of hand with the score I could also see Ayo Akinola or Liam Fraser getting a run out.

With the CCL and Home Opener within 4 days, rotation will be the name of the game.
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With a 2 away goal lead and a weak Rapids squad, I wouldn't mind putting Aketxe out as a starter, see what he has, rather than getting his first experience in an MLS or Quarter Final game.

-----------Irwin----------------------
    VdW-----Moor-Mavinga-----Morrow
    -------------Hasler/Delgado-----------
    Auro---------Vasquez-----------Aketxe
    -----Altidore-----Giovinco------------

Give Irwin some burn, eliminate Bradley second yellow

Experiment with VdW,Aketxe first games and Auro, Hasler new positions

Not our best XI configuration, but still better than anything Colorado has

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ the Bradley part makes complete sense, but I can't see him sitting...L's hope he doesn't get concacafed twice.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michael Bradley does not does sit, simple as that. You would have to shoot him first Other than that I agree with your post.

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    With a 2 away goal lead and a weak Rapids squad, I wouldn't mind putting Aketxe out as a starter, see what he has, rather than getting his first experience in an MLS or Quarter Final game.

-----------Irwin----------------------
    VdW-----Moor-Mavinga-----Morrow
    -------------Hasler/Delgado-----------
    Auro---------Vasquez-----------Aketxe
    -----Altidore-----Giovinco------------

Give Irwin some burn, eliminate Bradley second yellow

Experiment with VdW,Aketxe first games and Auro, Hasler new positions

Not our best XI configuration, but still better than anything Colorado has

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley got a yellow in the first both the first rounds of the playoffs the last two years and managed it best he could. Calls won't come like that against Mexican teams. He'll be fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes Bradley is Mr. Iron Man but no player is above the club.

If Vanney decides its best to have him sit out he should be able to make that call.

Id rather we have him guaranteed to play the 1st game of the quarter final.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, I can almost see the argument in playing him and risking him missing the first leg, seeing as I would rather him be guaranteed to play the second leg.

I'd much rather Bradley be suspended for a first leg home match than a second leg down south.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When was the last time Bradley was rested from starting a game for TFC? (excluding international call ups). Try to exclude canadian championship cups/nutrilite whatever it's called.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The V cup

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    Hmm, I can almost see the argument in playing him and risking him missing the first leg, seeing as I would rather him be guaranteed to play the second leg.

I'd much rather Bradley be suspended for a first leg home match than a second leg down south.
    That's what I was thinking too.