Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1097
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its not the same problem he had before. This stems from his ankle getting kicked against NYRB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    One of the Twitter comments was interesting, saying that there's a rumor the locker room is a mess. Something happened and nobody is willing to talk about it. Anybody else hear anything about this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    One of the Twitter comments was interesting, saying that there's a rumor the locker room is a mess. Something happened and nobody is willing to talk about it. Anybody else hear anything about this?
    I remember a while ago that there was an apparent verbal scrap between Bradley and Aketxe i think about Aketxe not pulling his weight defensively and Vazquez stepped in. I saw it a while ago on Twitter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JT Red127 View Post
    Jozy is proven as one of the greatest clutch goalscorers in MLS history, if not the best. Good luck easily finding that again. I don't care what he did in Europe, thats old news...whats he done here? Score and win everything.
    I can’t believe how the same people here who idolize Osorio, want to rag on Altidore. The later is a bigger hero in TFC than any other player in team history, who should have his number retired, a banner raised, and a dedicated chant, for everything that he has done. Jesus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    I can’t believe how the same people here who idolize Osorio, want to rag on Altidore. The later is a bigger hero in TFC than any other player in team history, who should have his number retired, a banner raised, and a dedicated chant, for everything that he has done. Jesus.
    I agree with you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember there was some chatter earlier this season about doing some sort of Jozy chant at the 67 minute mark of each game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley has looked poor because he's played the majority of it out of position this season

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

They are probably CMNT fan boys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

losing Jozy would severely set the team back. He and Gio have superb synergy. Plus he's my wife's favorite player.

I am a huge fan of Oso. He's had a breakout year and really stepped up. A bit worried about the contract though. But lets hope that he continues his excellent contribution offensively.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This post takes the cake.

Do you realize that 90% of attackers in this league, including some incredible ones with massive European pedigrees like Villa, Martins, Gio himself, going back to Thierry Henry, have been neutralized in the playoffs?

Here's my evidence, show me yours.

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...=1#post1857235
    Those moments were amazing. I am watching them over and over again. The hardest thing in soccer is to score, normally. A team takes great risks by giving up on that ability. Look how hard it was for us to score before Jozy and Gio came. After, particularly with VV, we were unstoppable.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it looks like Jozy could be done for the season.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/tfc-...e-rest-season/

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shutting him down would read like confirmation that they intend to keep him next year, IMO. I'd be happy if that were the case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Well it looks like Jozy could be done for the season.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/tfc-...e-rest-season/
    Doesn't he need surgery? What the hell is there to consider? Shut him down now.

You are not transferring a "damaged goods player", so let him get back to 100% then off load him.

No team is going to magically offer more knowing full well he is made of glass.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Doesn't he need surgery? What the hell is there to consider? Shut him down now.

You are not transferring a "damaged goods player", so let him get back to 100% then off load him.

No team is going to magically offer more knowing full well he is made of glass.
    Fix him and you don't need to unload him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's an odd thing for Vanney to be musing about. It’s blindingly obvious that they should just shut him down if they have the slightest reason. He should just be shut down, end of.

Makes me a bit more suspicious that they are talking insurance settlement, and just letting him go. Like Frings.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An insurance payout would only be made if he retired, no?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    An insurance payout would only be made if he retired, no?
    I believe that would the case, they are paid out when the player is faced with a career ending injury. Remember when Bryan Berard had what many considered a career ending eye injury, he recieived a $6.5 million settlement. After missing a season he made a comeback thus returning the settlement money.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    A few home games ago Seba and GVW were really going at each other on the field. I could tell then that the lack of success was impacting the locker room.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This team attempted to play an entire season with Zavaleta at CB. How is this acceptable?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    This team attempted to play an entire season with Zavaleta at CB. How is this acceptable?
    Because Uncle Greg loves him and would not be able to face his sister otherwise, specially at Christmas.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the “Zavaleta is here because he is Vanney's nephew” stuff is crap, and a cheap shot at both of them.

Zavaleta was a huge part of our success in 2017. He was consistently good. Started most of our games. Made plays. I don’t know what happened to him in 2018 ... but it's not like he took minutes from somebody else. We had nobody else.

Do you really think Bez or Manning would tolerate anyone favouring a relative for any reason?

Do you really think Vanney is that guy?

Honestly. It's been a tough year, but let's not do this.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the “Zavaleta is here because he is Vanney's nephew” stuff is crap, and a cheap shot at both of them.

Zavaleta was a huge part of our success in 2017. He was consistently good. Started most of our games. Made plays. I don’t know what happened to him in 2018 ... but it's not like he took minutes from somebody else. We had nobody else.

Do you really think Bez or Manning would tolerate anyone favouring a relative for any reason?

Do you really think Vanney is that guy?

Honestly. It's been a tough year, but let's not do this.
    Not at all, it was more of joke directed at those who are non stop ragging on him. He and Nick play a part on this team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    He started 27 in 2017, they won the treble and the defence was solid. This year he got exposed and looked real bad on a number of occasions but that was true of the whole group. If the salary cap allowed for it, I'd prefer to see another CB brought in but I'm guessing we are up against its so figuring out how to put Zavs in a position where he can perform like he did in 2017 is key, better health for Moor and Mavinga would go a long way.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Moor today indicates to me they are thinking of VDW as part of a 3 man CB rotation for next season. I'd be OK with that.

Front 3 of Chapman Seba & Janson might be something we see next season too if Jozy is gone & Vasquez is resting.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 10-21-2018 at 01:29 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    No Moor today indicates to me they are thinking of VDW as part of a 3 man CB rotation for next season. I'd be OK with that.

Front 3 of Chapman Seba & Janson might be something we see next season too if Jozy is gone & Vasquez is resting.
    That's a really short front line, Janson is only 5' 7", although he jumps really well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Not at all, it was more of joke directed at those who are non stop ragging on him. He and Nick play a part on this team.
    Ahh OK. I see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

If that is what we have to look forward to next season we are in trouble.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    If that is what we have to look forward to next season we are in trouble.
    Its been more of a flat 4-4-2 today but GAWSH Champman is useless out wide. Not quick enough and goes back more then 50% of the time. He's an AM not a RM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So just watching the LAFC Whitecaps game , LAFC made a key pickup when they picked up Lee Nguyen who was sitting out the first few weeks of the season stating he wanted to leave New England why didn’t TFC try to pick up Nguyen a proven MLS midfielder one of the better ones in the MLS? Instead TFC went and spent about the same money it would have cost to get Nguyen to go get that useless piece of crap that was Akextche or whatever the hell that waist of space’s name was!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    So just watching the LAFC Whitecaps game , LAFC made a key pickup when they picked up Lee Nguyen who was sitting out the first few weeks of the season stating he wanted to leave New England why didn’t TFC try to pick up Nguyen a proven MLS midfielder one of the better ones in the MLS? Instead TFC went and spent about the same money it would have cost to get Nguyen to go get that useless piece of crap that was Akextche or whatever the hell that waist of space’s name was!
    The whole team including mgmt, showed their inexperience by failing to understand the normal let down in the season following a championship . They were frozen and it seems no one had a critical eye . I would like to pick up kie Kamara , if any of the biggies leaves . Very versatile. Crazy as it seems I think he would have been a better fit for Sebastian . I didn’t say he was better than Josie , just more versatile.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana