Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hype. Would love to see him come off the bench on Tuesday if we can get his documentation sorted in time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vazquez helped him decide to sign apparently

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BenRhodes23 View Post
    Vazquez helped him decide to sign apparently
    I was assuming that was the case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome, can’t wait to see him combine with Vasquez! Looks like another game changer from Bez! Just put the quad a little more in reach!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The important stuff
    boggles mind mind how this small area speaks a language so different sandwiched between french, spanish, catalan and portuguese

time for a you tube history lesson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the most excited I've been to hear our stadium announcer pronounce somoene's name for the first time since we traded for Bright Dike.

I was so excited that day. The possibilities man...If only he was worse at his job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would be a weird signing as to how he would fit into our midfield. He's not really an 8.

Again, would much rather us be finding a Moor replacement if we still have this kind of TAM left over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    boggles mind mind how this small area speaks a language so different sandwiched between french, spanish, catalan and portuguese

time for a you tube history lesson
    The Basques are very interesting demographic. I read a really interesting piece a while back about how a significant percentage of Basque's have an extremely difference genetic historical make-up to the rest of Spain and france and the rest of Europe. So much so that they can't actually pin down where they came from or how this community became whole.

much bigger case for Basque independance compared to the Catalonoian case. They're mostly just privileged assholes in comparison.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    They must be trying to get him the paoers he needs to be domestic. Can't see what else would hold up the signing. Certainly isn't a salary issue since he's pretty much minimum and didn't do anything to warrant a raise

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    The Basques are very interesting demographic. I read a really interesting piece a while back about how a significant percentage of Basque's have an extremely difference genetic historical make-up to the rest of Spain and france and the rest of Europe. So much so that they can't actually pin down where they came from or how this community became whole.

much bigger case for Basque independence compared to the Catalonoian case. They're mostly just privileged assholes in comparison.
    apparently there are large basque communities throughout middle of no where places. i.e Boise & Wyoming (this knowledge brought to you by the show Longmire on netflix)

AND apparently my bro in law is half basque, LOL. the things you learn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    They must be trying to get him the paoers he needs to be domestic. Can't see what else would hold up the signing. Certainly isn't a salary issue since he's pretty much minimum and didn't do anything to warrant a raise

thats not really fair. we need our bench to improve as well. its what keep the whole team competitive. Everyone, including the bench stepped up to win treble

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    thats not really fair. we need our bench to improve as well. its what keep the whole team competitive. Everyone, including the bench stepped up to win treble
    I'm not sure what exactly I said that isn't fair. They aren't obligated to give him any more than the standard yearly increase. A player who hardly played isn't getting performance related bonuses or raises, so that's not an issue either. Salary was never the thing holding up his signing. Therefore, it's his international status that's holding it up. So they're either waiting to see if another signing pans out before using their last international spot on him, or they're trying to get him papers to be domestic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well a couple posts up they mentioned that Chilean player, so maybe they're trying to acquire a ninth International slot to get both players. Endoh's only been in Canada for two years (Canadian citizenship I believe is 3 of last 5 years as a Perm Resident), and he left the United States to come here, not sure if that would eliminate his domestic status in the US

Guess this officially means Tim Kubel won't be a first-team deal if Endoh is being signed
    Last edited by rydermike; 02-23-2018 at 05:00 PM. Reason: wrote DP slot instead of international slot

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure what exactly I said that isn't fair. They aren't obligated to give him any more than the standard yearly increase. A player who hardly played isn't getting performance related bonuses or raises, so that's not an issue either. Salary was never the thing holding up his signing. Therefore, it's his international status that's holding it up. So they're either waiting to see if another signing pans out before using their last international spot on him, or they're trying to get him papers to be domestic
    Completely agree, now with 7 of 8 international filled I always have believed the Reds would take a wait and see approach with players like Endoh and say draft pick Tim Kubel. That they someone like them would only be signed if there was not a better player out there who would upgrade the squad. I don't think anyone expects every MLS team to have eight top flight internationals. As such the Reds have shown in the past, the willingness to use an international spot on a utility player, case in point with Oyvind Alseth last season. So we shall see how this shakes out.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Well a couple posts up they mentioned that Chilean player, so maybe they're trying to acquire a ninth International slot to get both players. Endoh's only been in Canada for two years (Canadian citizenship I believe is 3 of last 5 years as a Perm Resident), and he left the United States to come here, not sure if that would eliminate his domestic status in the US

Guess this officially means Tim Kubel won't be a first-team deal if Endoh is being signed
    I always thought that last deal would come down to Endoh or Kubel unless something better came along. I mean even if they are signed there is nothing stopping Bez from releasing them at some point during the season if they need to open up the int spot.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Completely agree, now with 7 of 8 international filled I always have believed the Reds would take a wait and see approach with players like Endoh and say draft pick Tim Kubel. That they someone like them would only be signed if there was not a better player out there who would upgrade the squad. I don't think anyone expects every MLS team to have eight top flight internationals. As such the Reds have shown in the past, the willingness to use an international spot on a utility player, case in point with Oyvind Alseth last season. So we shall see how this shakes out.

Amazing to think that, a year ago, Bez was spending his time talking Oyvind Alseth out of being a bank trainee in Olso.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't we have a CB in the early Bez era who we signed out of college and had to talk out of going back to France for a similar job? Simonin or something? was alright for a game or two and then unfortunately had a career ending injury IIRC.

Talked earlier today with a Colorado supporter who mentioned Irwin's high intellect as being fitting for a city like Toronto. I think Bez and Vanney really specifically target these highly intelligent, high work ethic type players to round out the depth of the squad. Very solid organizational move as a whole. trims the fat off the meat if you get what I mean.
    Last edited by molenshtain; 02-23-2018 at 06:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't we have a CB in the early Bez era who we signed out of college and had to talk out of going back to France for a similar job?

Talked earlier today with a Colorado supporter who mentioned Irwin's high intellect as being fitting for a city like Toronto. I think Bez and Vanney really specifically target these highly intelligent, high work ethic type players to round out the depth of the squad. Very solid organizational move as a whole. trims the fat off the meat if you get what I mean.
    It's great to have a vision... but executing a vision is extremely difficult. I applaud and stand for MLSE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't we have a CB in the early Bez era who we signed out of college and had to talk out of going back to France for a similar job? Simonin or something? was alright for a game or two and then unfortunately had a career ending injury IIRC.

Yea, Clement Simonen. He didnt even bother going to the draft cos he was going to enroll in an MBA iirc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A critique of Aketxe by an Athletic Bilbao supporter:

https://underthecoshblog.com/2018/02...m-ager-aketxe/

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_S View Post
    A critique of Aketxe by an Athletic Bilbao supporter:

https://underthecoshblog.com/2018/02...m-ager-aketxe/
    My question outside of Barcelona and Real Madrid, does MLS really have a slower tempo than La Liga.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

much bigger case for Basque independance compared to the Catalonoian case. They're mostly just privileged assholes in comparison.
    The Basques are really interesting . Some of Spains best cyclists are Basque also a lot of good soccer players come there too

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aketxe may be more of a potential Seba sub than we realized.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My question outside of Barcelona and Real Madrid, does MLS really have a slower tempo than La Liga.
    Yes, without a doubt, but we shouldn't see that as a criticism.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Aketke signed, are we done?

Did Bez make any mentions of more signings?

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shway View Post
    With Aketke signed, are we done?

Did Bez make any mentions of more signings?
    I'm still waiting to finalize my contract.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean, yes, surely? You're talking about argubly the world's most elite league Vs argubly north Americans second best. That isn't a criticism of MLS which really is improving rapidly, but come on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spain in general is known for slower build up play. Tempo means shit all with regards to quality though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Spain in general is known for slower build up play. Tempo means shit all with regards to quality though.
    The rub here is that when you get to that level (La Liga, Bundesliga, EPL, etc...) the players have numerous strong attributes regardless of the overall flavour of the league. La Liga is technical but that doesn’t mean the players aren’t strong or capable of handling physical play or that the level of athleticism required isn’t well above MLS. It’s a high enough level where you have to be well rounded.

I still remember watching Liverpool play TFC at sky dome from field level. Comparatively it looked like our players shrunk a few sizes in the wash.

So MLS may be physical and fast, but that is a relative characteristic for leagues of this quality. It’s not really all that physical of you are comparing to the best of the best.