Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if they get this kid, if TFC starts playing around with a 4-3-3. Surprised that it’s a winger, but I do think we do need someone that can do more off the bench then what ricketts gave. Still, CB is still a huge need.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

or a DM. faith in Bez.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    We have another rumor

Translation

During the whole day today was working on the loan of Jonathan Menendez to #Toronto FC MLS. There was no agreement with the footballer's contract. At this icy hour.

https://us.soccerway.com/players/jonathan-menendez/192634/

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jona...spieler/232142

Forward/Left Winger
    I looked at some Youtube highlights of this kid, but I'm not much impressed.

Another very short guy (MLS punishes small guys, being a lot more physical on 1 on 1 situations than South American leagues), who gives me the impression of a selfish, ballhog type player, yes he has some good technicall skills, but too many times seem to be going dribbling in against more than 1 opposing plager, and loses the ball.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well apparently from Molinaro’s latest article, we are looking to add one player before the August 8th deadline. From the sounds of it, he has a few players he has in mind. It’s all about if it’s at the right price. Again, I think it would be foolish to not upgrade at CB before the deadline. For now, and for the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Argentinos Juniors are negotiating pretty heavily with Independiente for Jonathan Menendez at the moment. Price of $4M being talked about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Argentinos Juniors are negotiating pretty heavily with Independiente for Jonathan Menendez at the moment. Price of $4M being talked about.

Please for the love of god focus on CB, and i'm sure they are. This is how you win in MLS. Without Mavinga/Moor this team is painful to watch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the latest is that Menendez is off to the middle east. File that rumor in the bin.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A story of 3 last season player additions

2015 - Kantari, Williams, Herc Gomez

Kantari was a whiff. Williams was a servicable MLS journeyman - doing decent enough with Columbus. Gomez was a buy in case Jozy didn't come back from his one injury - Jozy came back, Herc didn't play but he kinda was past his best before date by then.

All gone at the beginning of the next season.

2016 - Ricketts & Cooper

Ricketts was a great pickup. His integration was easy as he had been with the team since March. His best season was really only 6 months but boy was it good. Tailed off towards the end of 2017 & never really got going this season. Cooper was a decent enough player with speed who gave us more speed with width when we didn't have it. The ultimate CONCACAF style end of the game pace stopper, his best bit was the beginning of 2017 but by the end of the season was coming on to slow the pace of teams who were trying to catch up to us. Possibley his most famous moment is in the MLS Final 2017 - hitting the post before Vasquez scored.

Cooper surplus to requirements in 2018
    Ricketts rumoured to be going soon - 5th on the depth chart.

2017 - Hasler

Bought as a wide defender because Beita was injured. Ended up being a servicable MLS wide mid who plugged holes but relied upon quick service to succeed. Traded this year due to salary.

2018?
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 08-01-2018 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Forgot all about Cooper

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You forgot Cooper

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ooops....didn't look at the loans section

edited now

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Possibley his most famous moment is in the MLS Final 2017 - hitting the post before Vasquez scored.
    Scored the first goal in the second leg vs Montreal. I will buy Armando Cooper a pint anytime, just for that.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Latest rumour

A 5 foot 7" left winger is not our most pressing need.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Latest rumour

A 5 foot 7" left winger is not our most pressing need.
    Most of his highlights are of him as a CF, for what it's worth.

He looks like a tricky, very pesky small center forward who likes to press from the front. Kind of like a shorter, more tricky version of Max Urrutti is what he looks like on tape.

At the very least he looks competent and has a decent to semi-impressive track record. Plus worse comes to worse it's six months and he's probably close to free.

First of maybe one or two more signings I hope, but I'm intrigued by this kid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's gone to a club in the middle East.

Now we are apparently taking Lucas Janson on loan from Tigre. 6 month loan with a purchase option

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*groan*

There’s a limited ability for this team to take on players who can’t hold their weight defensively. Between Gio and Vasquez the rest of the team is already saddled with enough responsibility.

Let’s hope he’s feisty and willing to track back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We keep hearing about wingers. I really think Vanney wants to be able to play 4-3-3 against some opponents.

Watching his highlights, the guy has pace, and can dribble at top speed. I’m intrigued. Still need a CB. Guess we ain’t getting one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    We keep hearing about wingers. I really think Vanney wants to be able to play 4-3-3 against some opponents.

Watching his highlights, the guy has pace, and can dribble at top speed. I’m intrigued. Still need a CB. Guess we ain’t getting one.

We we had a winger...... #freeraheem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's more likely Vanney wants fleixble options for a 4-4-2, not a 4-3-3. It's just such an impossible tactic to play if you intend to have both Seba and Jozy out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    I think it's more likely Vanney wants fleixble options for a 4-4-2, not a 4-3-3. It's just such an impossible tactic to play if you intend to have both Seba and Jozy out there.
    This. Menendez and Janson seem to be very similar players. They obviously know what they want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Endoh's back!

Awesome. Love that kid. He's the kind of guy who I was scared of leaving us and getting ribbed after he gets a run games in his actual position. He'd be a great player for teams who use a lot of 5 man midfields.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Endoh's back!

Awesome. Love that kid. He's the kind of guy who I was scared of leaving us and getting ribbed after he gets a run games in his actual position. He'd be a great player for teams who use a lot of 5 man midfields.
    He definitely appeared at his best in a central position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    He definitely appeared at his best in a central position.
    Yeah or on the wing in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. He was probably ROY till he got injured and lost his spot in 2016.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and we just sold an international spot for 50k in gam to LAFC

Should we start making a list of out of favor domestic CB's that we're probably targeting? I haven't watched enough of the rest of the this year to know who that might be.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well we have $100k we know for sure in Allocation, so we are definitely targeting something!
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voodooman View Post
    Well we have $100k we know for sure in Allocation, so we are definitely targeting something!
    Plus they have the cap space gained from Hasler trade with one INT spot in hand to use, so Bez and company do have options.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Presumably we also got Aketxe at least partially off the books too? Can't get the TAM back but his contract is off the roster

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Presumably we also got Aketxe at least partially off the books too? Can't get the TAM back but his contract is off the roster
    I am not sure or if its been mentioned anywhere how much of his deal is being picked up?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just read that he's gone

TSN.ca

The trade may also set up a move for Toronto, which had two open international slots after the departure of midfielders Ager Aketxe and Mariano Mino. TFC has said it is in holding transfer talks — but will only pull the trigger if the fit is right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whositwhatnow View Post
    just read that he's gone

TSN.ca

The trade may also set up a move for Toronto, which had two open international slots after the departure of midfielders Ager Aketxe and Mariano Mino. TFC has said it is in holding transfer talks — but will only pull the trigger if the fit is right.

He's not "Gone Gone", just loaned out. But by being loaned out, he doesn't count as a roster slot. His salary counts less whatever Cadiz is paying. He was on $1.3 million. If Cadiz is paying him half, then only 650k of Aketxe's salary counts on out TAM/cap. Same as when we loaned out Gilberto, it freed up his slot temporarily until he returned.