Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pfk View Post
    Rumour: Toronto FC: Eyes point towards Washington Corozo

https://tipofthetower.com/2018/07/24...ington-corozo/

"Toronto FC is looking at 20-year-old Ecuadorian striker Washington Corozo. The youngster has featured in the past for Ecuador’s Under-17 and Under-20 youth national teams, including playing against the U.S. Under-20 MNT during the 2017 U-20 World Cup."

The article points out this could be a quick replacement for Tosaint Ricketts.
    That article and the one it links to is just recycling the original report from last week

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    So we pick up Bakero and now want to sign Washington Corozo I don't get stockpiling on Strikers
    Because if Seba and Altidore aren't producing, who are we left with? Ricketts now sucks and Hamilton is number 4 in my depth chart. Just my thoughts

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Molinaro article today pointed out that Bakero is a #2 striker who can play in the space behind Seba, hold up then pass on - something we don't have apart from Altidore. People think Spanish forward and maybe don't realise he's 6 foot 3.

Hopefully Bakero is better technically now then Spencer was. The only negative I've heard is he's not quick but nobody can be as glacial as Spencer. Might see him on Wednesday .

As with all forwards in our system, he has to learn positioning with his teammates & play defence when called upon. That will take time. He's a project but technical skills are never a bad thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That person is Vasquez... the key to TFC’s next stage is a replacement who is as good..younger ...fitter. That and a third too class striker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    That person is Vasquez... the key to TFC’s next stage is a replacement who is as good..younger ...fitter. That and a third too class striker.
    That will be incredibly hard to find.
    Anyways, I'm thinking not under $2 million per year...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting them healthy will be huge for Toronto, with Bezbatchenko saying that their returns will effectively serve as TFC’s big acquisitions in the Secondary Transfer Window. That strategy is partially due to TFC’s faith in those players and partially due to a lack of roster flexibility. Toronto tore through a large chunk of Targeted Allocation Money and budget space as they geared up for a run at CCL this winter and spring. The additions of Aketxe and Gregory van der Wiel and new contracts for Vazquez, Mavinga, Moor, Justin Morrow and Eriq Zavaleta and, in June, Alex Bono left them with little room to maneuver this summer.
    According to Bezbatchenko, Aketxe’s loan to Spanish club Cadiz freed up a prorated amount of TAM but didn’t give Toronto any budget relief. Last Friday’s trade of Nicolas Hasler to Chicago in exchange for Jon Bakero and $50,000 in General Allocation Money opened a little space on the cap. Still, it’s not much for a team that basically maxed themselves out in the early stages of the season. Bezbatchenko hinted that they’ll still look to make moves this summer and said that they could look for a more physical version of a player with Aketxe’s skill in the midfield, but summer additions will likely have to be smaller in nature.
    “We have the amount that we need to do the level of changing that we want,” said Bezbatchenko. “For us, the return of our injured players represents the summer signings. I think that’s very clear in terms of how we see our roster. We don’t feel like this team needs an overhaul or any significant changes. I think we need to look internally and look at ourselves and collectively reset our goals about how we’re going to go about our season and how we’re going to improve and get better.”
    Regardless of how the rest of this season goes, expect TFC to take a bit of a different approach this winter. Toronto understandably prioritized continuity this winter as they prepared for their shot at the CCL. That resulted in a somewhat older roster, with many of TFC’s key players, including Giovinco, Moor, Morrow, van der Wiel, Vazquez and Michael Bradley all at least 30.
    “I think that’ll be the push into next year, focusing on getting younger, for sure,” said Bezbatchenko. “I think there’s certain areas of the roster where we want to get younger and we have a number of players coming up through our academy that we’re excited about, so that’ll be a push, but I think that’s one factor as we’re looking to evolve the roster over the next year or so that we’re looking at closely.”
    That’s a long way off, however. For now, TFC – who Bezbatchenko said would have to be blown away to even consider moving Altidore, Bradley or Giovinco this summer, despite recurring rumors – are focused on getting healthy, fighting for the playoffs and, three months after a tough result against Chicago helped put them in a tailspin, turning last weekend’s win at the Fire into a different type of turning point.
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/...-turning-point

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    This is the 2018 version of being upset over losing Dan Gargan. Great guy, plugs lots of spots, but not irreplaceable.
    LOL absolutely. Better player but just as replaceable

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Because if Seba and Altidore aren't producing, who are we left with? Ricketts now sucks and Hamilton is number 4 in my depth chart. Just my thoughts
    Man I like Ricketts but he was always a sprinter who sometimes scored, not much on the technical side and definitely not a 90 min player. Can't afford to have him any longer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    That will be incredibly hard to find.
    Anyways, I'm thinking not under $2 million per year...
    I'm assuming that was supposed to be Aketxe, but that did not pan out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Washington Corozo scouting report

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&sourc...BTW5rDF14cflSr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's odd that there isnt a lick of info about Washington Corozo to TFC in the Ecuador media. Normally once there is a link the local press talks about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe he is not in the plans...bez did say recently that they are looking at a more physical aketxe type player

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Per Oli Platt, Endoh is back with the team with a view to a USL contract.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    Do you really think Auro is worth 200k a year? He’s not even worth half that imho, plus he eats up an International spot. We’d have been far better holding Beta and looking for a back up for Moor if you ask me. Beta solved a problem that had troubled us for years and had at least two, maybe three seasons left in him. Moor’s age and the weakness of his substitutes made him a far more important figure for cover. I’m afraid Bez got this one all wrong imho. We not only lost a potent threat on the right wing but disrupted and otherwise solid defence by trading Beta, for what? 75k year.
    You gotta let him go man, he's not coming back. He was a good player, and we did need him for our championship run, but come on. He was never an offensive threat(unless you consider very ordinary crosses as threats). He was getting older, and missing him really has nothing to do with our record this season. Comes down to injuries.
    VDW, and Auro are better players, more versatile as well. The only knock on the move away from Beita is that VDW makes a ton of money, but he can be CB as well, and is very good on the ball. We would have never done so well in champions league without Auro/VDW being able to be shifted to different defensive positions due to necessity.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Beitashour thing... we let Will Johnson go and brought Vazquez in. It was exactly the same, the guy was a warrior, did great things, got moved. There was howling about that for months... maybe we should keep talking about that too.

You can’t stand still. You have to swing the bat every year. It's not going to work all the time.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep an eye here, I think this guy is coming.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/...aring-mls-move

This seems like what we need and the type of story we like. A CB out of the Barcelona youth system, so Vazquez knows him.

He was a regular under Luis Enrique, but hasn’t played as much the last two years.
    Last edited by ensco; 07-28-2018 at 08:18 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

This seems like what we need and the type of story we like. A CB out of the Barcelona youth system, so Vazquez knows him.

He was a regular under Luis Enrique, but hasn’t played as much the last two years.
    Makes more sense for SKC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wynne View Post
    Makes more sense for SKC
    You mean the SKC with Opara and Besler in defence? Yeah right.

Would be a great move for us though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    You mean the SKC with Opara and Besler in defence? Yeah right.

Would be a great move for us though.
    Opara is a walking injury and SKC just canceled the loan of their # 3 CB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

Call this observation nit picky but I notice he’s left footed. Would you play him to the inside of Mavinga?

Some coaches see those two CB spots as separate and distinct positions and prefer guys with good feet matching the side of the field they are on.

Would be great, if it was indeed for us. Not sure how the cap situation would pan out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Opara is a walking injury and SKC just canceled the loan of their # 3 CB.
    Seems dumb to sign a TAM level guy as your #3 CB no?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Seems dumb to sign a TAM level guy as your #3 CB no?
    who said he was TAM?

And I think they've experimented with a 3-5-2 this season too.
    Last edited by Areathrasher; 07-28-2018 at 01:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something else to keep an eye on. According to their Instagram stories, Julian Dunn and Noble Okello are en route to Copenhagen. Flying business class, no less.

I dont know of any Canada camps going on presently and it'd be odd to do training stints mid-season especially as they are important for TFCII.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like that team has a game tomorrow..wonder if they will feature in it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who said he was TAM?

And I think they've experimented with a 3-5-2 this season too.
    He should be, anyone with multiple La Liga offers doesn't typically play for under 500k USD. Andreu would walk into any starting XI in this league imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Per Oli Platt, Endoh is back with the team with a view to a USL contract.
    would love to see Endoh in CPL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s all gone quiet on the trade/transfer news. We opened up that cap space for something....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hasler: Being traded by TFC felt like ‘a punch in the face’

https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/hasl...ke-punch-face/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have another rumor

Translation

During the whole day today was working on the loan of Jonathan Menendez to #Toronto FC MLS. There was no agreement with the footballer's contract. At this icy hour.

https://us.soccerway.com/players/jonathan-menendez/192634/

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jona...spieler/232142

Forward/Left Winger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That doesn't seem like an immediate need. We need another CB and a guy who can fill at RB/RWB.