Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something else to keep an eye on. According to their Instagram stories, Julian Dunn and Noble Okello are en route to Copenhagen. Flying business class, no less.

I dont know of any Canada camps going on presently and it'd be odd to do training stints mid-season especially as they are important for TFCII.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Hasler was under utilized on this team. He was hard working, could play multiple positions and seemed to happy with his role. I wish him the best and I am sure there are more moves to follow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm starting to think Bez has lost it, especially when you couple this move with his recent comments that players coming back from injury would be like new signings. Perhaps last year both him and Vanney got some sprinkling beginners luck and bought into the hype about themselves. Hassler was our best option at RB & RWB, better than both golden boy Auro and VDW. At least Hassler was willing to hit the by line and put over a cross where the other two invariably turn back at the first sign of a challenge and recycle the ball back through midfield.

Letting Beta go was the biggest mistake we made in the off season (after signing Aketxe) it really disrupted our balance. At least Beta could provide a threat on the flank whilst being capable defensively. As we are seeing with LAFC he was far from finished. I really dont know what Bez is thinking but we need a better goal threat than a 21 year old rookie who offers nothing better than what we already have in Hamilton and Ricketts. We needed a top class striker to challenge/support Seba and Jozy.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's about the international spot and the allocation. The player is a bonus who may or may not work out.

I'm waiting for another shoe to drop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From all of the signings this year I like VDV and Auto Jr always hated Aketxe I agree Beita should have stayed and I miss Edwards wish they hadn’t take him as per this deal this is my feeling............
    Actually when u further look at the trade it looks pretty good they trade a mid for a striker, Rickettes probably going to Israel, Hamilton not good enough, and with Altodore/Giovinco getting old this may solve the front and then the fact that his salary is less which frees up salary cap space plus $50 000 GAM, looks like another player may on its way

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn't Bakero count as an intl player??

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    It's about the international spot and the allocation. The player is a bonus who may or may not work out.

I'm waiting for another shoe to drop.
    I agree a signing is coming using the GAM & the salary.

Both players are internationals so we don't gain anything in that regard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    I'm starting to think Bez has lost it, especially when you couple this move with his recent comments that players coming back from injury would be like new signings. Perhaps last year both him and Vanney got some sprinkling beginners luck and bought into the hype about themselves. Hassler was our best option at RB & RWB, better than both golden boy Auro and VDW. At least Hassler was willing to hit the by line and put over a cross where the other two invariably turn back at the first sign of a challenge and recycle the ball back through midfield.

Letting Beta go was the biggest mistake we made in the off season (after signing Aketxe) it really disrupted our balance. At least Beta could provide a threat on the flank whilst being capable defensively. As we are seeing with LAFC he was far from finished. I really dont know what Bez is thinking but we need a better goal threat than a 21 year old rookie who offers nothing better than what we already have in Hamilton and Ricketts. We needed a top class striker to challenge/support Seba and Jozy.
    Beitashour is currently earning 275k per year. Auro is 10 years younger and getting 200k per year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really bummed about losing Hasler. Hope we get somebody really good with the money freed up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post

We've traded Hasler to the Fire - what the fuck?
    WTF???
    I liked Hasler a lot from his very debut at TFC.
    He was a very useful player, technically very good, good athleticism.

Now we bring in some useless bench warmer instead.
    Again: WTF?????

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go home Bezbatchenko you're drunk

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll go back to the game on Wednesday - we could not move the ball up the right flank. Why? Hasler didn't provide enough movement off the ball. As a wide player, that is a prime responsibility. He looked really good when the opposing FB tucked in. And he looked good last season & in the CCL. He has been out of form since.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I'll go back to the game on Wednesday - we could not move the ball up the right flank. Why? Hasler didn't provide enough movement off the ball. As a wide player, that is a prime responsibility. He looked really good when the opposing FB tucked in. And he looked good last season & in the CCL. He has been out of form since.
    I think his form is rather consistent.

Consistently a threat if opposing FB give him space and he can carry the ball upfield and combine with teammates for a cross/penetration attempt.
    Consistently create danger in the box in tight space by 1-2 steps for an opening to send a ball out (seen that a few times in CCL)
    Consistently being inefficient with movement and opportunity (got a few good goals out of way too many chances, same with passes)
    Consistently go to negative pass when opposing FB challenges him with space and press. (he's better when someone actually jostles with him for the ball, bad when someone just presses and in front of his face with 1-2 yards to cut off his options)

Jack of all positions but master of none.

I think by now most teams can neutralize our team after a season of tapes. High press us and play zone defense, and we are doomed. When they press high, our team goes to negative passes to retain possession thus give opponents time to retreat into zone defense to cut off passing options. Or we panic (virtually in every game) to pass the ball into space where someone should be there but not (due to incoming press) and it's right into opposing players (Aketxe, Chapman/Delgardo/sometimes) Bradley), or boot it upfield and lose possession (Zavs/Hags etc.). If we somehow maintain possession, there are no open options and we are forced to cycle from one side of the pitch to the other and totally exposed on the counter with slow defenders. (Mavinga saved our bacon numerous times with his blazing speed and crazy tackles).

At the moment with our team's injury and fragile mentality, the best way to survive is to become a counter team. They just need open space, we score best goals when a clever pass between Oso/Seba/Jozy/Bradley one-two touches and slice through opposing defense in transition. Without Vasquez, Morrow, and Beita, a possession-oriented attacking approach that focuses on overload one area and exposes opponents FB for open space for FB goals (Morrow and Beita last season) or CF goals (Jozy) is not possible and it leaves acres of space open for our slow defense. In transition, most teams can outspeed Zav/Hags or beat them with 1 pass into open space behind them.

Hmm... I'm off on a tangent....
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Bakero goes to TFC2, does that preserve the international spot?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    If they put him on a season long loan without a recall option i think it may.

Actually - looking at the rule book, i think they only get the int spot back if they loan him outside of MLS/USL
    Last edited by Areathrasher; 07-21-2018 at 08:47 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The biggest winners of Bezbatchenko youtube scouting and deals this year is Cadiz and Aketxe, biggest loser Toronto FC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man at least give Bez the window to make some corrections, sure some moves have not worked out, but he is also not suddenly the worst gm in mls.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who cares? We had two free spots and were looking to trade one for allocation so obviously we weren't looking at more than one international player to be added anyway.

Now we have some budget & free spots for possible players. I assume the South American is the guy we're adding with the international spot. Pretty sure Ricketts is on his way out so there must be a plan to add a domestic of some sort to the squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone thought Aketxe was worth a gamble and could have been VV 's replacement. It went sour - that happens a lot...even in the best teams.

Moving him and Hasler on doesn't worry me at all... we do need some quality reinforcements though. Having Mavinga - Vazquez - Altidore out has killed us this season.

Need to get the next signings right to save this season & to at least set-up a good one next year. I really hope that we don't throw the towel on the Voyageurs Cup - based on this experience this year. I'm still proud that we went all in for it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    If they put him on a season long loan without a recall option i think it may.

Actually - looking at the rule book, i think they only get the int spot back if they loan him outside of MLS/USL
    That is correct, they put in a bunch of rules regarding USL player movement when the partnership began and MLS teams started to have their reserve teams in the league. It was to shutdown any chance of cap/roster manipulation/shenanigans.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kind of surprised he just did not hang around in Chicago for the game after the trade, but Jon has landed in Toronto.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you think this doesn’t matter... International slots can be sold. One traded for $175K GAM in March
    https://www.brotherlygame.com/2018/2...ho-green-cards

I wouldn’t be surprised if Bakero just trains with the team, but is never put on the roster, to facilitate that. We probably need more GAM/TAM to make a move work.

ps LAFC gave up an international slot to Atlanta in return for an agreement not to select any of their players in the expansion draft. Wish we had done that, in retrospect.
    Last edited by ensco; 07-21-2018 at 11:40 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Bakero not already on the roster just by the fact he has a signed MLS contract, I think Bez would have to release him for that to open up such a spot. The currently have two INT spots open anyways.

If you think this doesn’t matter... International slots can be sold. One traded for $175K GAM in March
    https://www.brotherlygame.com/2018/2...ho-green-cards

I wouldn’t be surprised if Bakero just trains with the team, but is never put on the roster, to facilitate that. We probably need more GAM/TAM to make a move work.

ps LAFC gave up an international slot to Atlanta in return for an agreement not to select any of their players in the expansion draft. Wish we had done that, in retrospect.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^yeah, good point. There used to be some move that I remember Mo doing (with Abbe Ibrahim or someone like him) but that was a long time ago

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

apparently ricketts didnt make the trip to chicago..im sure that spells the end of tos in toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noimpactinmtl View Post
    Beitashour is currently earning 275k per year. Auro is 10 years younger and getting 200k per year.
    Do you really think Auro is worth 200k a year? He’s not even worth half that imho, plus he eats up an International spot. We’d have been far better holding Beta and looking for a back up for Moor if you ask me. Beta solved a problem that had troubled us for years and had at least two, maybe three seasons left in him. Moor’s age and the weakness of his substitutes made him a far more important figure for cover. I’m afraid Bez got this one all wrong imho. We not only lost a potent threat on the right wing but disrupted and otherwise solid defence by trading Beta, for what? 75k year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    Do you really think Auro is worth 200k a year? He’s not even worth half that imho, plus he eats up an International spot. We’d have been far better holding Beta and looking for a back up for Moor if you ask me. Beta solved a problem that had troubled us for years and had at least two, maybe three seasons left in him. Moor’s age and the weakness of his substitutes made him a far more important figure for cover. I’m afraid Bez got this one all wrong imho. We not only lost a potent threat on the right wing but disrupted and otherwise solid defence by trading Beta, for what? 75k year.

Not sure what you have been watching. Auro was our best player until he got injured. He can play anywhere Vanney puts him and has great skill. I can't wait till he's back on the right side and Morrow on the left.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bakero played a couple of years in college. Does he perhaps already have a Green Card, making him a non-intl?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    Not sure what you have been watching. Auro was our best player until he got injured. He can play anywhere Vanney puts him and has great skill. I can't wait till he's back on the right side and Morrow on the left.
    Man, I can't disagree more. He's got some ball skills but he doesn't always make the right decision and his man marking was loose enough to cost us a pair of game-losing goals. He looks like what he is, a young defender with solid technical skills but not a great read of the game yet.