Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Why did I see a tweet that said Aketxe has gone home. Is this just a joke?
    He could have to leave the country to enter again to get his work permit.

He could also go back to Bilbao to sell his house, pack his shit etc etc.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I'd be okay with this. The ideal situation in MLS is to have the one Sounders had when they had Dempsey, Obafemi and Eddie Johnson. Altidore was legit done by the 75th minute on Tuesday night and Vanney didn't sub him. If the options on the bench are so bad that you'd rather a 40-50% Jozy to a 100% Hamilton, Spencer or Ricketts then you need to upgrade the position.
    My argument would be Jozy looked rusty and they want him to get into shape ie able to run a full 90

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it’s fair to want another quality backup striker. Ricketts is good in some situations but not good in others.

He doesn’t provide any hold up presence and movement off the ball is pretty mediocre. He’s good at stretching the field in an open game or against a team with a high line ... but that’s really the extent of it.

In a game where we have to come from behind we need someone more versatile and potent. Apologies to the others not mentioned but they’re still unproven.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    They were preparing a sub when he scored. Not a perfect example and I think we will see this season whether he has confidence in Hamilton or not. He has performed well in matches, it appears that it is his apparent inability to fully concentrate that concerns Vanney.
    perhaps he doesnt execute the coaches plan 100%, he might look good doing his own thing but vanney wants guys to execute his vision

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I think it’s fair to want another quality backup striker. Ricketts is good in some situations but not good in others.

He doesn’t provide any hold up presence and movement off the ball is pretty mediocre. He’s good at stretching the field in an open game or against a team with a high line ... but that’s really the extent of it.

In a game where we have to come from behind we need someone more versatile and potent. Apologies to the others not mentioned but they’re still unproven.
    Fair but here is hoping that just like Delgado and Osorio Hamilton will seize the chance when he gets it. Certainly appears to have the skills.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    perhaps he doesnt execute the coaches plan 100%, he might look good doing his own thing but vanney wants guys to execute his vision
    Yes, it is something like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    This Auro signing is eye opening, there must be a lot more guys like him! (although it's not easy to find the right guy willing to come for a backup striker role).
    It's not eye opening, it's that MLS teams are now able to sign these players when they couldn't before due to salary restrictions. We are about to find out that Liga MX is full of Auros.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_S View Post
    It's not eye opening, it's that MLS teams are now able to sign these players when they couldn't before due to salary restrictions. We are about to find out that Liga MX is full of Auros.
    Yes it is. I expect some of those players who feel that they aren't getting the playing time they think they should might start looking north for options now that wages on offer are more agreeable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ I'm sorry Detroit_FC, are you agreeing with me or disagreeing, because I think we wrote the same thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get nervous about Ager. Hope this is done soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    Get nervous about Ager. Hope this is done soon.
    You were probably in the group nervous about VdW because he didn’t sign a day after rumors came out. Read up, it takes time to get everything done. His agent had a TFC hat on, while on a plane, and his contract was terminated. What else do you want?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m fine if we sign him and fine if we don’t.

TBH, that pic of his posse of agents filling biz class didn’t fill me with glee. But it’s just a pic.

This guy is here because he had a nice season at Cadiz in the Segunda. We’ll figure something out in the summer if we don’t get him on our terms.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Major player announcement tomorrow morning, 9:30am

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_S View Post
    ^^ I'm sorry Detroit_FC, are you agreeing with me or disagreeing, because I think we wrote the same thing.
    Agreeing 100%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He signed his deal today up at the training ground.

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I’m fine if we sign him and fine if we don’t.

TBH, that pic of his posse of agents filling biz class didn’t fill me with glee. But it’s just a pic.

This guy is here because he had a nice season at Cadiz in the Segunda. We’ll figure something out in the summer if we don’t get him on our terms.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    He signed his deal today up at the training ground.
    Good. But the guy's not going to fly to Toronto if he wasn't prepared to sign. Don't know why some people would've been worried.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Good. But the guy's not going to fly to Toronto if he wasn't prepared to sign. Don't know why some people would've been worried.
    I agree, that notion made no sense at all, must of been some keyboard joker on twitter to even suggest he left town. LOL

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really looking forward to seeing what this team will be capable of with Aketxe in the mix.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going to be crazy competitive for midfield positions this year. Osorio and Delgado going to have some stiff competition for playing time. Good news for them though is the switch to 4 at the back opens up a midfield position

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    Going to be crazy competitive for midfield positions this year. Osorio and Delgado going to have some stiff competition for playing time. Good news for them though is the switch to 4 at the back opens up a midfield position
    I've been an Osorio critic but he's been pretty useful of late. He will be a good rotation player.

As Toronto continues to go deep into tournaments like MLS cup and Champions league we will need to give players like Victor Vazquez and Michael Bradley more rest during regular season games

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    I've been an Osorio critic but he's been pretty useful of late. He will be a good rotation player.

As Toronto continues to go deep into tournaments like MLS cup and Champions league we will need to give players like Victor Vazquez and Michael Bradley more rest during regular season games
    I have no doubt that both Osorio and Delgado will play very well whenever they get minutes. Both have played their best games when fighting for minutes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    inclined to agree with this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://torontosun.com/sports/soccer/...o-to-join-reds

Inclined to believe this is up there for "previous player least likely to recommend our team to potential new players" award. Provided Auro turns out as ok as he appeared in Colorado, I think we should take it upon ourselves to collectively forget at least 5-6 sitters Gilberto missed in return for this favor.
    Last edited by molenshtain; 02-23-2018 at 08:36 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    http://torontosun.com/sports/soccer/...o-to-join-reds

Inclined to believe this is up there for "previous player least likely to recommend our team to potential new players" award. Provided Auro turns out as ok as he appeared in Colorado, I think we should take it upon ourselves to collectively forget at least 5-6 sitters he Gilberto missed in return.
    I have to admit when I read this article I thought Gilberto was about as likely to recommend TFC as Defoe, but I guess it really is water under the bridge (Or Gilberto is looking to get paid as a scout)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to @RevistaColorada, international 🇧🇷 would have rejected the hiring of Pablo Aránguiz, after being offered by his representative Sergio Gioino to the cast "Colorado". The agent pointed out to the magazine that the Chilean has a proposal from the Toronto FC 🇨🇦

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This must be the Chilean guy totera was talking about being the backup plan to Mcallster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WHAAAAAT!!!!! nice pick up. Hope he playes some minutes on Tuesday

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)