Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GerMc View Post
    I don't get all the complaining about our scouting/signings. When you think about the latest signings, both van der Weil and Auro have made good contributions and yes, Aketxe did not work out, but that happens (and it was hardly under the best of circumstances, as Bez pointed out). It is too bad that we didn't spend that money on a good CB, but not sure anyone could have predicted all the injuries or how badly Zav and Haggs would be without Moor. Remember it was our scouting and GM that built the team that won the treble, including bringing in Vazquez, who was a risky signing, like Aketxe--that is what happens when you take risks to bring in quality--sometimes it doesn't work out. I respect that the team decided to cut its losses and move on, rather than continuing to try and make it work.
    Your right its not all about the scouts, its a collective error which is not great for our club at this time, scouts evaluate top potential prospects, medical staff prevents injuries, coaching brings out the best of their team and management is to manage and find new ways to improve structure and make the best for the club

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For everyone talking about DP failures and bad player scouting, today is an anniversary of note:

#WhitecapsFC add striker Mustapha Jarju as the club’s second Designated Player signing #MLS -

7 years ago today.

We haven’t done so bad....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    For everyone talking about DP failures and bad player scouting, today is an anniversary of note:

#WhitecapsFC add striker Mustapha Jarju as the club’s second Designated Player signing #MLS -

7 years ago today.

We haven’t done so bad....
    It must have shell shocked them so bad = they haven't had a real DP since.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    It must have shell shocked them so bad = they haven't had a real DP since.
    Did he ever start a game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alashe just went off at his coach after being subbed in and out against Montreal, would be a great asset to our midfield which currently features not enough DMs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like I said 3/4 weeks ago, this team needs a starting CB, a starting box to box CM, and a backup striker, with similar characters to Jozy.

4 players that make to much money for what they produce are Aketxe (loaned out), Ricketts, Irwin, and Zavaleta. You can trade Zavaleta, he has league value. Buy out Ricketts if you cant trade him at the end of this season, and I’m pretty sure Irwin’s contract runs out at the end of this season. Those 4 alone will save us over a million on the cap.

This also isn’t the same team we saw in the champions league. Giovinco and Delgado have regressed. I’m just pointing out the obvious. Morrow and Osario sre the only one who looks the part.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd imagine they could just not pick up Ricketts option for next season and not have to buy him out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

D'Amico chatting shit in the Italian media again...
    LAZIO GIOVINCO MARKET - In the Lazio home the search for Felipe Anderson 's substitute started : according to Argentine sources, the biancoceleste leadership would be moving concretely for the fantasist Gonzalo Martinez, under the River Plate. In fact, according to the indiscretion of the messenger , the patron Lotito would like to give the fans and the technician Inzaghi a real surprise blow so much to try to bring back to Italy Sebastian Giovinco . The former Juventus player, after the age of 30, has the contract expiring in 2019 and seems willing to end his experience in MLS after four seasons spent overseas. Prosecutor D'Amico currently excludes any offer from Formello but does not deny the possibility of a return to Serie A of his client: "Still no call from Lazio, in the future possible return to Italy".

https://www.lazionews.eu/notizie-laz...e-di-giovinco/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd expect more stories like that in the near future. Giovinco's contract impasse now moving into the public negotiations phase. I think MLSE has the upper hand, they want to cut his wages and they will.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get that re-signing Giovinco is important for image, however he will have to change his game and be more of a playmaker.

I would not offer him anything more than two years currently with how he plays, he needs to become a VV for me to give him 3+ guaranteed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't be the only one who thinks Giovinco has already drastically altered his playing style from when he first came to the league. He's much more of a creator for others now.

I've actually been pretty pleased with his play this year, for 90% of this season he's shouldered damn near the entire creative load of our offense with Vazquez and Jozy injured. It's pretty much been all him, plus Osorio pitching in. By ASA he's currently sitting 5th in the league in xG+xA. I think he's been pretty effective, even if his raw numbers are not as gaudy as we'd like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We really need a Moor/Mavinga CB to go next to Hagglund. Zavs is bottom of the pile at this point. Haggs is great next to a backline marshal (and so is Zavs to be fair, but Haggs is much better), but we need that experience back there. The two of them out there at the same time is a major problem. VDV hasn't been bad when called upon as CB but it's not enough.

If this windows comes and goes with no one coming in, I'll be very disappointed. Start planning for next year now, not just the winter window.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think there are better cb combos in the usl than the zava/haggs combo right now .missing mavinga and jozy probs have cost 9 to 12 points.we need another cb and striker for now and next season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    I'd expect more stories like that in the near future. Giovinco's contract impasse now moving into the public negotiations phase. I think MLSE has the upper hand, they want to cut his wages and they will.
    He really didn’t help himself by buying a house and signing with a Toronto marketing firm before he signed an extension.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@KristianRDyerFollowFollow
    @KristianRDyer

More

Per source, hearing that Toronto FC are scouting and close to bringing in Washington Corozo an Ecuadorian U-20 into the squad. A lot of experience with the U-17 and U-20 national team.

https://us.soccerway.com/players/was...ecerra/398931/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    @KristianRDyer

More

Per source, hearing that Toronto FC are scouting and close to bringing in Washington Corozo an Ecuadorian U-20 into the squad. A lot of experience with the U-17 and U-20 national team.

He can’t be a first team player for TFC. He can’t break the 1st team, and his stats are very underwhelming with the u-20 team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@KristianRDyer

More

Groningen reportedly put in a bid of ~500k, so I'm wondering if he'd be a TAM guy. Would definitely spell the end of Tos at the club, trade soon?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd never heard of him before today. All I know his that his club are pretty well regarded for producing good youth players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

News on Oso negotiations and a bit on Ager/TAM

Related to that situation, is the future of fellow midfielder Ager Aketxe, who has joined Spanish club Cádiz on loan until the end of the season. Aketxe earns nearly $1.3 million per year and claims a significant chunk of TFC’s TAM allowance as a result. Cádiz has eased that burden by taking on a “large portion” of Aketxe’s salary for the duration of his loan, Bezbatchenko said, before a permanent decision is made on his status in the winter
    https://www.prosoccerusa.com/mls/tor...nathan-osorio/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Groningen reportedly put in a bid of ~500k, so I'm wondering if he'd be a TAM guy. Would definitely spell the end of Tos at the club, trade soon?
    Tos negotiating with an Israeli team apparently. Saw on twitter from Spanish ESPN correspondent who’s also reporting on our link to the Ecuadorian. Sorry but can’t link to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Israeli club Hapoel Haifa has started negotiations with the striker of the @torontofc Tosaint Ricketts 🇮🇱 #MLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's in the Isreali press about Ricketts

http://www.sport5.co.il/articles.asp...288802&lang=HE

holder is having difficulties because the Canadian is under contract with his current Toronto team at MLS, a contract that will end only in December.
    As is known, the owner Yoav Katz does not usually pay transfer fees or compensation to groups on players under contracts, but tends to include free players only. The matter is expected to be decided in the coming day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm surprised Tos would go back to Haifa after they used him as a defender, sad to see a canadian go but it's clear he's not in the teams plans, even with Jozy out he barely gets a sniff of minutes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ricketts hasn't really performed well in the past year, which is unfortunate as I like the guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure what a 5'9" centre forward will do to help us hold the ball up, which to me seems to be a major problem whenever Jozy is injured.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait... Who's 5'9?

Ricketts is horrible. He played himself into a contract extension which was great on his part. But now we need a player who can do more than run.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's in the Isreali press about Ricketts

http://www.sport5.co.il/articles.asp...288802&lang=HE

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]
    If theyère offering a contract that Tos wants then TFC should step aside and release him. It would be beneficial for everyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    If theyère offering a contract that Tos wants then TFC should step aside and release him. It would be beneficial for everyone.
    If we don’t let him go it’s likely because the club believes we can trade him or get a fee

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto possibly trying to sell one of its current international slots

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For what it is worth, Fox Deportes reports that Giovinco is staying at TFC (in Spanish).

Not sure if there was some agreement or just that D'Amico wasn't seeking another team for now.