Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    With his unpronounceable name, he will be easily forgotten. Hope this motivates Delgado, who has been crap all season. Perhaps it is time to move him as well
    Azteca. What’s so hard to pronounce about that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Mista was one of the worst DP signings in MLS history. Only Denilson was worse. Nothing this management has done is even close.
    Let's see the details of how we get out of this contract. If we are still paying a good portion of his salary (as some are suggesting) and the contract is two years, this is financially a worse mistake that Mista. He is actually paid more money per season than mista ever was. The difference is, at the time Mista occupied one of three key spots on the team. Aketxe, one of five of so. We notice this a lot less because the rest of the team is comparatively solid but in terms of laying an egg on a signing this is up there, although probably not quite at full Mista / Jarju / Denilson levels.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Azteca. What’s so hard to pronounce about that?
    He definitely has a ton of altitude.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    who do think was worse, gilberto worked his ass off and felt like he could score a goal some day lol
    Aketxe wasnt even bench material
    I will will always enjoy the moment Gilberto pushed Defoe away and blasted the ball into the net. I wish Ager had done that a couple of times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mista was one of the worst DP signings in MLS history. Only Denilson was worse. Nothing this management has done is even close.
    You mean worse then JDG?!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spe18 View Post
    You mean worse then JDG?!
    Oh for sure. JDG showed a spark now and then that gave us (false) hope. Mista's only notable action was to kick over the water bottle stand.

MLS aficionados league wide mention Denilson as the absolute worst, and Mista coming up close behind.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh for sure. JDG showed a spark now and then that gave us (false) hope. Mista's only notable action was to kick over the water bottle stand.

MLS aficionados league wide mention Denilson as the absolute worst, and Mista coming up close behind.
    So for Mista it was the water bottle stand; and for Carlos Ruis it was the Gatorade jug?
    Those were the days my friend; we though they'd never end...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    So for Mista it was the water bottle stand; and for Carlos Ruis it was the Gatorade jug?
    Those were the days my friend; we though they'd never end...

why does this looks like it was filimed in the 80s
    and I love how no one gave a shit about his tantrum

subbed off for faud, yikes

how far we have come

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know what is sadder, my autographed JDG jersey or my autographed Gilberto hat --- as my daughter said to me the other day - that's a nice hat Dad, it would be nicer if there wasn't that stupid signature on it..... (I have a nice Black Stefan Frei jersey autographed in silver sharpie which is stunning --- after 2016 I was less happy when I looked at it, but after 2017 it's much less painful......plus he was such a great guy so it's hard to be mad at him as he was always exceptionally kind and really cared about playing for the club in some truly awful seasons)......now back to worst signings....not "worst signed things".....ha ha ha......anyone else with some crazy pieces of bad TFC memorabilia? (the good stuff I have from from DeRo and a Brennan first year jersey auto and first goal seat cushion with DD Auto (a ten year odyssey to complete), as well as a RPB jersey in #9 with DD auto are nice to look back on.....but I have so much crap from those first 7-8 years or so, one day maybe I will contribute it to the TFC museum under the heading "the early years - growing pains" - ha ha ha).......

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kloke reporting Aketxe loan move to Cadiz soon to happen.

Paywalled article here https://theathletic.com/426886/2018/...h-club-source/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Kloke reporting Aketxe loan move to Cadiz soon to happen.

Paywalled article here https://theathletic.com/426886/2018/...h-club-source/
    If it's a loan, what happens with the TAM money?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sn0re View Post
    If it's a loan, what happens with the TAM money?
    All depends on what, if any, Cadiz are picking up in salary as part of the loan agreement.

Stejskal has reported the below though...

Both RSL and TFC would be able to free up a significant amount of budget space and TAM if they’re able to deal away either player.
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/...-o-ager-aketxe
    Last edited by Areathrasher; 07-10-2018 at 02:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tenorio is calling us as the top seller for the summer window, says it’s time for the club to look to next season and angle itself for a “rebuild, or at least a reload”.

Writing this just to inject a sane (and third-party) opinion on our roster status into this thread .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Giovinco, Ricketts, Osorio and Irwin depart this summer along with Aketxe. Out with the TAM amount that 600k+ in cap space plus a DP spot.
    Last edited by portu; 07-10-2018 at 04:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giovinco's not going anywhere.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read that & was reminded of the difference between an US based league wide journo & a local one.

Trying to remember any team in MLS everdoing a massive rebuild like he thinks we might - I can't recall one where a top level team one year completely blew up their roster then next July.

This team has not given up on the playoffs & will retool, not rebuild. If Seba & Osorio go, its because they forced those moves.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Trying to remember any team in MLS everdoing a massive rebuild like he thinks we might - I can't recall one where a top level team one year completely blew up their roster then next July.
    But we have three names on massive deals that all expire in 18 months. I can’t think of a precedent for that either. 18months out is when all the action naturally happens in Europe.

I don’t know that I'd bet on moves involving the DPs, I think they are all staying, but it's not a remote possibility, either.

imho only Altidore could be easily moved without eating salary. Gio is tricky, he would probably have to agree to go to China for TFC to avoid taking on some of the salary.

Keep an eye on Atlanta here. If they get a big offer for Almiron, they could possibly move for Altidore (although I suspect Piatti would be their top target)
    Last edited by ensco; 07-10-2018 at 05:18 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Giovinco's not going anywhere.
    Well the FO certainly hasn’t decided that he’s staying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    But we have three names on massive deals that all expire in 18 months. I can’t think of a precedent for that either. 18months out is when all the action naturally happens in Europe.

I don’t know that I'd bet on moves involving the DPs, I think they are all staying, but it's not a remote possibility, either.

imho only Altidore could be easily moved without eating salary. Gio is tricky, he would probably have to agree to go to China for TFC to avoid taking on some of the salary.

Keep an eye on Atlanta here. If they get a big offer for Almiron, they could possibly move for Altidore (although I suspect Piatti would be their top target)
    Atlanta supposedly have an Almiron replacement lined up if they sell him this summer

https://www.dirtysouthsoccer.com/201...ht-not-acquire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is probably bullshit but silly season and all that....

Michael Turner �������������� ⚽ �� ��@mturnerATB 10h10 hours agoMore

I'm hearing solid reports that Sydney FC have been independently seeking a marquee, after FFA failed with Torres, Iniesta and Honda.Advanced talks have occurred with Jozy Altidore, while contracted till 2020, Toronto are happy to let him leave his contract early.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't realize that Keisuke Honda played in Liga MX, now that is a player I would like to see on TFC.

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

I honestly think that Altidore and Bradley are a package deal, I don't think you can move one without the other.
    Last edited by Richard; 07-10-2018 at 07:29 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    This is probably bullshit but silly season and all that....

Michael Turner gbeng ⚽  @mturnerATB 10h10 hours agoMore

I'm hearing solid reports that Sydney FC have been independently seeking a marquee, after FFA failed with Torres, Iniesta and Honda.Advanced talks have occurred with Jozy Altidore, while contracted till 2020, Toronto are happy to let him leave his contract early.

I don’t buy the idea that the A-League is remotely interested in Altidore. He wouldn’t sell a single ticket down there.

If Jozy goes, it's inside MLS, or maybe to Mexico.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The funny thing about the A league is that some players, some management teams, some league officials & some journos all create stuff just to sell themselves as serious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aketxe officially loaned back to Cadiz.

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2018/0...ketxe-c-diz-cf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont understand what they are doing with Aketxe, sign him just to loan him out im confused

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    I dont understand what they are doing with Aketxe, sign him just to loan him out im confused
    It's a failed signing, we're loaning him to get some relief on our salary cap that we can spend on other players. I very much doubt Aketxe ever plays for us again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would like then for TFC to spend more money on scouting to see less failing signings as why didnt we sell Aketxe if he was surplus to us

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The timing.....

Anyways, if the best deal available is a loan where we still eat some of the salary, then that is what happens. Lessons learned we all hope.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get all the complaining about our scouting/signings. When you think about the latest signings, both van der Weil and Auro have made good contributions and yes, Aketxe did not work out, but that happens (and it was hardly under the best of circumstances, as Bez pointed out). It is too bad that we didn't spend that money on a good CB, but not sure anyone could have predicted all the injuries or how badly Zav and Haggs would be without Moor. Remember it was our scouting and GM that built the team that won the treble, including bringing in Vazquez, who was a risky signing, like Aketxe--that is what happens when you take risks to bring in quality--sometimes it doesn't work out. I respect that the team decided to cut its losses and move on, rather than continuing to try and make it work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This, although I do think VDW is overrated around these parts. Aketxe was a high-reward gamble that didn't pay off. It was universally praised at the time, so it's unfair to criticize it now. Hopefully, some money is freed for a decent CB.

Quote Originally Posted by GerMc View Post
    I don't get all the complaining about our scouting/signings. When you think about the latest signings, both van der Weil and Auro have made good contributions and yes, Aketxe did not work out, but that happens (and it was hardly under the best of circumstances, as Bez pointed out). It is too bad that we didn't spend that money on a good CB, but not sure anyone could have predicted all the injuries or how badly Zav and Haggs would be without Moor. Remember it was our scouting and GM that built the team that won the treble, including bringing in Vazquez, who was a risky signing, like Aketxe--that is what happens when you take risks to bring in quality--sometimes it doesn't work out. I respect that the team decided to cut its losses and move on, rather than continuing to try and make it work.