Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The whole CCl run panic mode signings was a total mess. Hernandez, Mino, Dunn all mistakes. Only Telfer`s promotion has payed off. Absolutely Bez`s worst offseason and ealyseason ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    The whole CCl run panic mode signings was a total mess. Hernandez, Mino, Dunn all mistakes. Only Telfer`s promotion has payed off. Absolutely Bez`s worst offseason and ealyseason ever.
    These signings cost practically nothing and can easily be adjusted after the fact. Mino felt very much like a low cost punt to discover if there is any upside. Can’t say i’m opposed to any of these.

It’s not even clear if we have any extra money to try and sign better players at this stage.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Even before the injury, he was showing serious signs of regression though. I said it near the start of the season and I'll say it again Hagglund>Moor.
    He was the steadiest defender in all of our matches against Mexican opposition earlier this year by far. Guys like Moor have the knowledge to know where to be to offset the pace issues. At the moment all of our athletic CBs are getting so far caught out that they have zero chance of using athleticism to get back into the play. Only one close to being able to do it is Mavinga and he's out long term too. It's not a coincidence that our newfound inability to defend set pieces came about when Moor went down or does everyone forget everything as soon as a guy is injured?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    ...or does everyone forget everything......

Could basically just quote that for every darn thread right now.

We are not as good as we should be, and some of us still high on last year forget that.

We are not as bad as we look, and some of us who remember the worst forget that.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 07-04-2018 at 01:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    He was the steadiest defender in all of our matches against Mexican opposition earlier this year by far. Guys like Moor have the knowledge to know where to be to offset the pace issues. At the moment all of our athletic CBs are getting so far caught out that they have zero chance of using athleticism to get back into the play. Only one close to being able to do it is Mavinga and he's out long term too. It's not a coincidence that our newfound inability to defend set pieces came about when Moor went down or does everyone forget everything as soon as a guy is injured?
    He really wasn't. Home match against Colorado he was garbage in the back 4. Tigres and Club America away you could tell that he wasn't up to the standard technically and physically. Only good performance I can recall was against Chivas at home. Ftr: Go back and look at my posts - I was calling Moor out from the beginning this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steven GoffVerified account @SoccerInsider 1m1 minute agoMore

On side note, Forlan says he came very close to signing with Toronto FC in 2013.

We know Diego, we know #RollerBlades

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He really wasn't. Home match against Colorado he was garbage in the back 4. Tigres and Club America away you could tell that he wasn't up to the standard technically and physically. Only good performance I can recall was against Chivas at home. Ftr: Go back and look at my posts - I was calling Moor out from the beginning this season.
    This is just ridiculous. We actually eliminated all those teams you mentioned with him in the line-up. To not appreciate the fact that he was a huge part of that is clearly not recognizing his importance, even with the evidence right in front of you. Have you seen our CB's lately? I think it's crazy people can expect the same result as last year, without the same pieces to deliver the results. Moor is getting older, and slower(been said a thousand times), but man, open your eyes, and realize the players we have playing in his place right now, and check the standings please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TMAN80 View Post
    This is just ridiculous. We actually eliminated all those teams you mentioned with him in the line-up. To not appreciate the fact that he was a huge part of that is clearly not recognizing his importance, even with the evidence right in front of you. Have you seen our CB's lately? I think it's crazy people can expect the same result as last year, without the same pieces to deliver the results. Moor is getting older, and slower(been said a thousand times), but man, open your eyes, and realize the players we have playing in his place right now, and check the standings please.
    Having a player “in the line up” means nothing. Just because a player doesn’t cost you a game, doesn’t mean that the same player didn’t make several mistakes or perform poorly. Open your eyes. Moor’s regression is bleeding obvious and fucking goddamn absurd that he got an extension this year.

Huge parts of our CCL run were Jozy, Seba, Bradley, Bono, Mavinga, VDW, Auro, Delgado and Osorio imo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am assuming Aketxe is gone. I wonder if we can bring Cheyrou back for the second half - seems the obvious, inexpensive answer.

We need a lot of things, I think the Aketxe dollars need to be redeployed at CB, but MF depth is on the list.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spanish twitter source of an unknown quality posting three Spanish teams interested in Aketxe. Stumbling block being his big ass salary (surprise).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Not able to listen. Would someone be kind enough to share a summary?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my concern with Moor is that same with most other small CB's who rely on positioning to make up for lack of pace and/or height.....

once whatever step is lost, smart positioning quickly turns into overcompensation.
    Fabio Cannavaro was an example of this. Won the Ballon d'Or in '06 and was basically out of the sport only 3 years later. When Cannavaro lost it, he lost it quick.

but with that said, Moor was a rock last year, and I don't think we've seen enough this year to say he's truly regressed that far.....but the concern is valid, especially with injuries in the mix.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CountryoverClub View Post
    Not able to listen. Would someone be kind enough to share a summary?
    Basically talks about trades and transfers open up next week. They will be active. I’m assuming Aketxe is out, and they will bring a CB and maybe something else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a disaster Azteca was. Sign of a club that was overconfident.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    What a disaster Azteca was. Sign of a club that was overconfident.
    Only in hindsight. It all depends on how it ends. If TFC get off him clean, and can use the cap space on the backline, no worse than Kantari and Perquis.

It isn't swinging and missing that is bad, it's swinging and missing and not being able to fix it.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Only in hindsight. It all depends on how it ends. If TFC get off him clean, and can use the cap space on the backline, no worse than Kantari and Perquis.

It isn't swinging and missing that is bad, it's swinging and missing and not being able to fix it.
    To me he never fit a need in the first place. He was a signing just to say we can. A “virtue signalling” signing if you will. (To use a term I absolutely hate).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me he never fit a need in the first place. He was a signing just to say we can. A “virtue signalling” signing if you will. (To use a term I absolutely hate).
    yeah, there may have been some ego in that one. But more likely, Bez saw all the fans talking (for a couple of seasons) about how his talent was being wasted in the second division, how he should've been given chances in the first team, etc etc. Remember how disappointed they were that he was going to the "lesser" MLS?

Turns out the coach (shocker) was right, and not the fans. He has obvious ball skills but isn't ready for the pace of MLS, not a fucking chance. In a possession based, slower tactical game, which is what a lot of the segunda is, he probably looks great. He'd probably be a start in the A-League.

MLS isn't a top league yet, but it is a fast one relative to some. We play multiple styles from counter to possession to unbalanced switch, and that's odd in a lot of places.

What we need? A striker who is COMPETING with Jozy and Seba for first team.

A playmaking no 10 to COMPETE with Vasquez for the top spot.

A centre half who can carry the line if Moor is down.

Those are pretty big needs. Our problem right now is that our much-vaunted 'depth' is all tier 2 talent, guys who just wouldn't start somewhere else (outside of maybe Delgado). Other teams, while we were winning everything last year, were building out deeper rosters. LAFC, Houston, NYRB, NYFC... all of these clubs have guys in both the number one AND Two spot who could start without missing much of a beat.

In roster, we are now once again playing catch up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

We get a decent competitive forward and a line-leading center half, we can still make the playoffs. Hell, we could still potentially make it if we just get guys healthy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post

What we need? A striker who is COMPETING with Jozy and Seba for first team.

A playmaking no 10 to COMPETE with Vasquez for the top spot.

A centre half who can carry the line if Moor is down.
    Yes, and these are extremely unlikely to happen all 3, we can be happy if from these 3 positions we get a good one, an about same post per post one, and a flop, if we would make all 3 moves now (again improbable) because of our cap situation, and who can be moved and for what.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wasnt chapman suppose to be our possible #10 b4 VV came?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he was a "lets bring in the next Victor Vasquez before VV gets old" signing. He was about the future, not 2018. That's still a problem to be resolved in 2020.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    wasnt chapman suppose to be our possible #10 b4 VV came?
    Yeah. But looks like Chapman's career is heading towards Osorio's career trajectory, turning more into box to box midfielder.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Yeah. But looks like Chapman's career is heading towards Osorio's career trajectory, turning more into box to box midfielder.
    osorio was lucky to have all that playing time (and made good with it), doesn't look like chapman will have the same opportunity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Just got round to listening to this now. Exactly what I've wanted to hear for months now. Accountability and self-reflection.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got round to listening to this now. Exactly what I've wanted to hear for months now. Accountability and self-reflection.
    They talked about the issues with our defence. They said injuries to Moor and Morrow hurt us. No mention of Mavinga. I don’t get it. I actually thought our best CB pairing of the year so far was Mavinga and VDW for the few games they played together even though VDW is not a CB. No Mavinga love from Bez?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    osorio was lucky to have all that playing time (and made good with it), doesn't look like chapman will have the same opportunity
    While true, I feel like Osorio came into the league hitting the ground running. Sure, that was on a lesser team that struggled near the bottom but he immediately showed what he was capable of.

Champman shows glimpses of an unreal level of potential but has rarely put together a string of games or ever really shown what is needed to occupy that slot on a FT basis.

I’m torn as to whether he’s better of with TFC or elsewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Bez really is looking to make moves I wonder if we're looking at ditching Aketxe and straight up replacing him with another TAM guy or if it's gonna be a bunch of moves. We've got lots of quality assets that can really make a difference on some teams. With Hamilton and Akinola emerging Ricketts is totally surplus. So is Irwin. Osorio is looking like he's gonna be leaving for free.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i can see a trade off for aketxe if somebody will take him back in spain,we need another cb and striker,i think there is no value for ricketts unless mtl or van want to take him.move delgado to a LA team and put auro in his spot,zava has to be your 3 or 4 cb off the bench.