0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think you will see auro in the midfield more the rest of the season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i still think our most pressing need in this summer window is a big solid CB

with our injured coming to health - hopefully - we have flexibility and strength in most positions

but a strong CB to play with Mavinga & VDW, in my mind, makes the most sense, even with Moor close to returning

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    It's about the international spot and the allocation. The player is a bonus who may or may not work out.

I'm waiting for another shoe to drop.
    Not sure if this has been said already, but I think that this is about re-signing Osorio. He's earned it, and it's going to cost us a lot of cap space and Garber bucks.

I think Bez is just making the room that he needs to do it. One of the bigger pieces had to go and Halser was it.

I'm gutted because I loved what Hasler brought... maybe it should have been VDW or Auro instead though?

This is what Bez had to say about Osorio last week: https://www.prosoccerusa.com/mls/tor...nathan-osorio/
    Last edited by Alonso; 07-23-2018 at 05:35 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    Not sure if this has been said already, but I think that this is about re-signing Osorio. He's earned it, and it's going to cost us a lot of cap space and Garber bucks.

I think Bez is just making the room that he needs to do it. One of the bigger pieces had to go and Halser was it.

I'm gutted because I loved what Hasler brought... maybe it should have been VDW or Auro instead though?

This is what Bez had to say about Osorio last week: https://www.prosoccerusa.com/mls/tor...nathan-osorio/
    Putting Oso on a TAM deal wouldn’t have been such a big deal if they didn’t double Vázquez’s salary. If what you say is true it seems like Bez is really paying the price for a poor off-season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, when Hasler was traded my gut feeling was that it may be linked to creating room for an Oso extension. We'll see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hasler was okay, but he's certainly nowhere near irreplaceable, and to be honest, he seemed slightly disinterested this year. In two weeks we'll have forgotten about him.

I think we should try to keep Oso if we can, but not if it means taking up too much cap space.

But my God, in hindsight, just how bad was the Aketxe signing. Just terrible.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Hasler was okay, but he's certainly nowhere near irreplaceable, and to be honest, he seemed slightly disinterested this year. In two weeks we'll have forgotten about him.

I think we should try to keep Oso if we can, but not if it means taking up too much cap space.

But my God, in hindsight, just how bad was the Aketxe signing. Just terrible.
    If I'm Osorio, I'm saying "I deserve that $1.3 million." Based on his play, it's hard to argue otherwise.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    I'm starting to think Bez has lost it, especially when you couple this move with his recent comments that players coming back from injury would be like new signings. Perhaps last year both him and Vanney got some sprinkling beginners luck and bought into the hype about themselves. Hassler was our best option at RB & RWB, better than both golden boy Auro and VDW.
    gotta disagree with this especially the Auro part, Hassler was serviceable and a great cog but Auro has been fantastic and consistent ever since he got here, dont even think you can compare the two

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

man people need to be patient, havent read through all the thread so far but christ almighty, Hassler wasnt the second coming of a fussball god, he was good and i bet dollars to donuts that Bez has something significantly bigger than Bakero coming, hes simply a small addition who helps iwth salary cap

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

man, people really got a hard on for Hassler, he was a grunt, a good one with a great attitude but totally replaceable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    man, people really got a hard on for Hassler, he was a grunt, a good one with a great attitude but totally replaceable.
    This is the 2018 version of being upset over losing Dan Gargan. Great guy, plugs lots of spots, but not irreplaceable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I'm Osorio, I'm saying "I deserve that $1.3 million." Based on his play, it's hard to argue otherwise.
    That seems high but Osorio is one of the top offensive attacking midfielders by goals in MLS. I am sure he will more then double his salary.

Any comparables out there for domestics having career year?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Osorio will get interest from Mexico and that will boost his asking price. His CCL play this year really boosted his status with the media in Mexico, at times he was described as the #2 threat behind Giovinco and ahead of Altidore.

He deserves the money and I don't think he is someone who will rest after getting paid.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I think Osorio will get interest from Mexico and that will boost his asking price. His CCL play this year really boosted his status with the media in Mexico, at times he was described as the #2 threat behind Giovinco and ahead of Altidore.

He deserves the money and I don't think he is someone who will rest after getting paid.
    Honestly even an average offer from a Championsip side would be a significant pay rise for him.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That much though? I'm not sure.

Though this is that unique MLS problem where we possibly undervalue domestic players (DeRo being another good example).

I could see Oso getting around $750k, but only if he keeps scoring at this rate. I mean, once Jozy is fully fit and starts scoring again, maybe Oso's numbers will drop off because he won't need to be in those positions to score, as Jozy will be there.

So it's hard to say if this is a true burgeoning, or just a situational blip.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dom Dwyer, who just got $1.2M, is the best comparable to Oso I can come up with. Strikers always are worth more, but Oso won a championship (almost won three)

I’d say Oso gets $900K.
    Last edited by ensco; 07-23-2018 at 07:20 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    That much though? I'm not sure.

Though this is that unique MLS problem where we possibly undervalue domestic players (DeRo being another good example).

I could see Oso getting around $750k, but only if he keeps scoring at this rate. I mean, once Jozy is fully fit and starts scoring again, maybe Oso's numbers will drop off because he won't need to be in those positions to score, as Jozy will be there.

So it's hard to say if this is a true burgeoning, or just a situational blip.
    If he keeps scoring at this rate, as a midfielder, 750k is one of the best contract values in MLS. Realistic expectation is maybe 750-1000 and we get good production but not consistently at this level. If he keeps this up we are laughing. Just need the rest of the team to play better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will make a foolish comment and comparison but Osorio is not as good as De Rosario - ever - and does not have the same pedigree.
    DeRo made about 650K in 2013, which translates to 705K in 2018 dollars.

Osorio is contributing this year, but he's not carrying the team. He's not an MVP. He's a (1 time) cup champion on a team he was not likely a top 5 member of.

I appreciate that the salary cap may have increased, changes in TAM/GAM/DP, etc.

Osorio makes less than 200K now, and his contributions (now) are surpassing that mark. I'm not going to suggest any number, but it would be under 400K.

Take Osorio and put him on Chicago. Put him on NE. Put him on SJ. Is he carrying the team? Does he make them a legit contender?

Will someone pay him? Likely, but I dont see him as being anywhere close to DeRo numbers or above.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But the question is, does Bez and company match any European offer at all costs, because just about anyone playing in even The Championship would be at a DP/TAM level.

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    I will make a foolish comment and comparison but Osorio is not as good as De Rosario - ever - and does not have the same pedigree.

Osorio is contributing this year, but he's not carrying the team. He's not an MVP. He's a (1 time) cup champion on a team he was not likely a top 5 member of.

I appreciate that the salary cap may have increased, changes in TAM/GAM/DP, etc.

Osorio makes less than 200K now, and his contributions (now) are surpassing that mark. I'm not going to suggest any number, but it would be under 400K.

Take Osorio and put him on Chicago. Put him on NE. Put him on SJ. Is he carrying the team? Does he make them a legit contender?

Will someone pay him? Likely, but I dont see him as being anywhere close to DeRo numbers or above.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the most i would pay him is 450..he is a one year wonder scoring wise.if we had jozy ,victor,seba playing together this season oso would be in 4 to 5 goal range like he should be every year.i hope he goes to europe and give it a shot.probs a once in a lifetime chance,he could always come back ala henry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    This is the 2018 version of being upset over losing Dan Gargan. Great guy, plugs lots of spots, but not irreplaceable.
    WOW, just WOW!

Come on man, Hassler is a full class above Dan Gargan as a footy player.
    And you know it,

Now just watch him what a great asset he'll be for Chicago!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMHO no way that TFC will give Oso an offer for more than 400,000 per year.

Just being realistic...
    He's a huge gamble if offered more than that, yes he's having a fantastic year, but how long he's been with TFC, and what about all that period when he was just average?
    The consistency of this guy season after season is a huge question mark.

Also, any other MLS team's manegement offering him more than 400,000 must be smoking something...
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 07-24-2018 at 12:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post

Just being realistic...
    He's a huge gamble if offered more than that, yes he's having a fantastic year, but how long he's been with TFC, and what about all that period when he was just average?

Also, any other MLS team's manegement offering him more than 400,000 must be smoking something...
    I think he's worth around $600,000. I used to dislike Osorio; but happy to say he proved me wrong.

I'm not against him leaving and going to Mexico; I think it would be a good move for him.

For TFC; If it comes down to Osorio at 600 k and Delgado at 350 k I would just keep Delgado and use our money on a CB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Dom Dwyer, who just got $1.2M, is the best comparable to Oso I can come up with. Strikers always are worth more, but Oso won a championship (almost won three)

I’d say Oso gets $900K.
    Maybe your first value before you edited your post of 500K but Oso, god love him, is not a million dollar player.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post

Just being realistic...

I agree with this. There have been so many times over the years where Osorio would flub virtually any opportunity inside the box, drop to his knees, grab his head, and then do it again, and again, and again.
    That was when he was in his prime.A little older now, in a contract year, gaining in confidence, he is having a decent year for an avg MLS attacking midfielder. It would be crazy to infer that he could not easily revert back into his regular form, particularly on a team which doesnt have a Vazquez or Giovinco to spoon feed him those sweet passes onto his left foot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    Maybe your first value before you edited your post of 500K but Oso, god love him, is not a million dollar player.
    My first post, which was only up for 5 minutes! was just wrong. There has been serious inflation the past two years.

Joao Plata now makes $700K. Lamah came to FCD from Hungary and makes $800K. Stieber, who rode the pines at lesser German teams for 3 years, came into DCU last summer at $1M.

If you just look at players, you will see comparable guy making $500-600K (eg Nagbe). If you look at recent signings, it’s a different story.
    Last edited by ensco; 07-24-2018 at 06:27 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post

Apples and oranges. Dero’s salary was suppressed well below what it would have been in today’s MLS. A player of that quality would garner a pretty damn hefty pay packet.

I agree we should proceed with caution on osorio but let’s not fall into the usual trap of under valuing domestic players, in entirety.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 07-24-2018 at 08:28 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    That was when he was in his prime.A little older now, in a contract year, gaining in confidence, he is having a decent year for an avg MLS attacking midfielder. It would be crazy to infer that he could not easily revert back into his regular form, particularly on a team which doesnt have a Vazquez or Giovinco to spoon feed him those sweet passes onto his left foot.
    Using that logic, I guess we could say Wondolowski peaked too at a similar age having scored 4 goals in 37 appearances over 3 years with Houston.

I’m not suggesting we jump head first into this but there needs to be some acknowledgement the market has changed for players in this league. And goals are goals, really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rumour: Toronto FC: Eyes point towards Washington Corozo

https://tipofthetower.com/2018/07/24...ington-corozo/

"Toronto FC is looking at 20-year-old Ecuadorian striker Washington Corozo. The youngster has featured in the past for Ecuador’s Under-17 and Under-20 youth national teams, including playing against the U.S. Under-20 MNT during the 2017 U-20 World Cup."

The article points out this could be a quick replacement for Tosaint Ricketts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So we pick up Bakero and now want to sign Washington Corozo I don't get stockpiling on Strikers