Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would prob never happen but I wonder if Chicago would be interested in Aketxe given that they have boatloads of allocation and are actively looking for a 10. They were willing to give what like 750k for a wrong side of 30 Lee Nguyen. Wonder if Aketxe could grab a cool million and a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Q signed for LAFC today after a prolonged trial. Another TFC youth player in LA. Hmmm....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marc Dos Santos will be a MLS head coach one day. He’s a seriously smart guy and probably the brains behind those moves.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he turned down Montreal and got the heck out of town in the past.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    So Q signed for LAFC today after a prolonged trial. Another TFC youth player in LA. Hmmm....
    Who is Q?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    Who is Q?

Quinlan Robert's, ex TFC keeper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    Who is Q?

infamous for scoring this goal against England:

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post

Question is, where is Canada's starter now as Q was only the backup ?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Question is, where is Canada's starter now as Q was only the backup ?
    Maxime Crepeau, he is now on loan to Ottawa from Montreal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Crepeau got his fifth shutout in a row against TFCII on Wednesday. He's not doing too bad - he's knocked Irving out of the starting Fury GK position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post

just noticed that the keeper beat was jordan pickford.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After Voyageurs I think the smartest thing to do would be to move on players that don’t have a future beyond this year. Guys like Drew Moor are finished and I’m sure could collect a tidy sum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Oso can get more elsewhere and actually get the minutes than good for him and I'd be OK if he left. We have the depth to replace him. Granted not at the same price point. He is, just now (finally), producing above his compensation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    If Oso can get more elsewhere and actually get the minutes than good for him and I'd be OK if he left. We have the depth to replace him. Granted not at the same price point. He is, just now (finally), producing above his compensation.
    Hmm who's the replacement...Aketxe?..we know how that's going....Delgado? Different player, not a replacement....Chapman? Ready to play but not replace the player.

Compensation. ...I hope you have he same sentiment about Delgafo...if not compare the too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    After Voyageurs I think the smartest thing to do would be to move on players that don’t have a future beyond this year. Guys like Drew Moor are finished and I’m sure could collect a tidy sum.
    Couldn't agree anymore.

- Drew should be done this season.
    - Morrows best ever season is behind him, and at 31 he's no Marcelo.
    -Delgado is replaceable/tradeable in MLS.
    -Irwin is an expensive backup.

That's close to 1M in salary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shway View Post
    Couldn't agree anymore.

- Drew should be done this season.
    - Morrows best ever season is behind him, and at 31 he's no Marcelo.
    -Delgado is replaceable/tradeable in MLS.
    -Irwin is an expensive backup.

That's close to 1M in salary.
    I don't share your opinion on Delgado, but I think we have big assets if we want to make a move of some kind.

Morrow, Drew Moor, Clint Irwin, Ricketts, Aketxe, Osorio, and Zavaleta all stand out to me as guys with some kind of downside and a hell of a lot of upside for the right team, they also represent an incredible chunk of salary collectively.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I don't share your opinion on Delgado, but I think we have big assets if we want to make a move of some kind.

Morrow, Drew Moor, Clint Irwin, Ricketts, Aketxe, Osorio, and Zavaleta all stand out to me as guys with some kind of downside and a hell of a lot of upside for the right team, they also represent an incredible chunk of salary collectively.
    Of that list I'd be happy to keep Oso and Zavs. Oso is showing that now that he has the monkey off his back he can be an outstanding young player- and those are the kinds of players that you keep in MLS (does anyone remember getting rid of a hot young prospect named Joao Plata? Lets learn from our past mistakes FFS)

Zavs is solid on defense... This year we have learned that you need healthy depth in that position if you are going to run a 3-5-2.

Moor should retire at the end of this year- I don't think his speed will do anything but decline from here. Ricketts seems to have lost his edge now that it is obvious he is not going to be a starter and Akatxe just hasn't show to be worth the money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am pro-Osorio but i wonder whether the natural outcome here is for the guy to go abroad. As much as we’d miss him in the short run, it might be the scenario where everyone wins.

TFC gets a nod for a players continued development which helps attract future talent, if we sell this summer we’d get a small fee i’m sure. Osorio gets paid and he/Canada soccer benefit from having a player go to a foreign club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    We have the depth to replace him really like who? Just like people thought this team had all this depth but with the injuries this year how has all this depth helped them so far?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    We have the depth to replace him really like who? Just like people thought this team had all this depth but with the injuries this year how has all this depth helped them so far?
    correct we dont have the depth to replace the playoff and champions league version of Osorio

Delgado, if he works out to be as good, is a few years away

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bring in Sporting Lisbon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I am pro-Osorio but i wonder whether the natural outcome here is for the guy to go abroad. As much as we’d miss him in the short run, it might be the scenario where everyone wins.

TFC gets a nod for a players continued development which helps attract future talent, if we sell this summer we’d get a small fee i’m sure. Osorio gets paid and he/Canada soccer benefit from having a player go to a foreign club.
    Osorio is out of contract after this year, so if he does go, it would probably be as a free transfer, unless I'm missing something.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    Osorio is out of contract after this year, so if he does go, it would probably be as a free transfer, unless I'm missing something.....
    Depends on when the buying club wants him. If its January then he can agree a contract and move on a free. If they want him in the summer, say a European team during preseason, then they'll have to pay a fee as he'll have 6 months left on his deal. The fee wouldnt be that big.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

I'd be down to see him move if we were to get enough funds to go after a pair of Auro level guys at CB and ST or one really decent level striker out of this, like Wondo level.

The club should know at this point if they can afford to keep him or not. If they can't they should move him so it's not for nothing. We have the depth to pull it off. Think about it, we have Aketxe, Vazquez, Delgado, Hasler, Chapman and Fraser. That's three pairs of CM's. Four if you include Daniels and Mino.

On a separate note, I've just how realized stupid ridiculous our depth is at every position but striker. There are three positions in the middle of the park and we have 7 starter quality guys. There are two strikers and we only have two starting quality players there.
    Last edited by portu; 06-12-2018 at 02:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Depends on when the buying club wants him. If its January then he can agree a contract and move on a free. If they want him in the summer, say a European team during preseason, then they'll have to pay a fee as he'll have 6 months left on his deal. The fee wouldnt be that big.
    yup...sounds right......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well not only that but Giovinco looks much, much better playing with a target man.

Altidore is looking like Mr. irreplaceable at the moment. Maybe second only to Bradley.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am afraid they all need to be “replaced” after 2019. You might get another year out of them at an elite level but that's it.

They are all flashing signs of age, in different ways.

The march of time is brutal in soccer. Not many good teams have their core built around guys in their 30s.

Seems to me Altidore has the highest likelihood of morphing into a key piece in his 30s. A supercharged Alan Gordon. I'm thinking Super Pippo.

I don’t know what happens to Gio or Bradley if they aren’t the man. I don’t see either in a VV type role.
    Last edited by ensco; 06-12-2018 at 02:58 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Osorio can leave. He's making 250 k. Ager makes 1,000,000. This leads me believe that Toronto will not want to pay $$$$ to keep him.. Osorio is probably going to get around 600 k from a mexican team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley is gonna play until he's 40. I've never seen a fitter, more motivated and focused player than him.

The other two are unpredictable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we can all agree that this team needs to upgrade in 2 positions:

1 ) CB: Yes I know we’ve been ravished with injuries this season, and it goes to show how important Chris Mavinga and Drew Moor are to this team. Moor is is our leader in the back and is the only player that can move the ball out the back. But remember he is coming off a major injury and he’s 34 years old. We need to look to upgrade this area for now, and more for the future. We need to find a starting CB either in the summer, or winter markets.

2 ) ST: After our two DP strikers, the talent falls off a cliff. Ricketts has absolutely no touch, and can’t dribble. It’s at a point now that I notice players looking him off in tight situations because they know he will lose the ball. He is very good in the air, and obviously has top end speed, but finishing is below average. I think one thing he does well is make runs off the ball, which drives back opposing teams back 4. He is at best a 4th striker on a top half MLS side, but is being paid like a starter. Hamilton is one guy that I was hoping that would get more of an opportunity this season. But when he has, he hasn’t shown anything. We need someone to contribute more to games, especially with Jozy and Seba always missing games. This is problem you could fix via trade in the MLS. I would use Zavaleta as trade bait. He is at bottom of our CB depth chart, and if you are going to get a starting CB like above, he’s expendable. He has value too in this league.

Cap room is a problem, so the 2 obvious contracts that need to go are Aketxe, who make a million, and Irwin who makes starting GK money. That alone will be enough to sign a CB, and trade for a striker, and have some money left over... possibly for Osario.