Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be criminal if we let Oso go to another MLS team. I'd be tempted to loan him to a team in Europe for a year to further his development and possibly for him to scratch the itch. There has to be an option to pay him his market value though at TFC. If he leaves it should only be for Euro ambition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    It would be criminal if we let Oso go to another MLS team. I'd be tempted to loan him to a team in Europe for a year to further his development and possibly for him to scratch the itch. There has to be an option to pay him his market value though at TFC. If he leaves it should only be for Euro ambition.
    It's not up to us. It's up to him. If he wants to run out his contract and test the waters that's his prerogative.

He'll be 27 by the end of next season. There's a less than 0% chance he'll be okay with still being relegated to a bench role. Same with a loan to Europe to "further his development"(again, he'll be 27 next season and will have played in a professional environment for a decade) or to "scratch the itch".

The way I see it, either he gains a role large enough to warrant a big new contract and increased playing time/media exposure or he says screw it and goes and does whatever he thinks is right for the next step of his career, whether that be in Europe or somewhere else in the league.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Osorio's best move may well be Vancouver or Montreal.

He can make $300K and play 2500 quality minutes a year for either of them, as a domestic.

I think he may yet be traded to one of them this summer, if Aketxe beats Oso out.

Of course if Oso just beats Aketxe out, then we move Aketxe back to Spain, and Oso gets the minutes and dough from TFC.
    Last edited by ensco; 03-21-2018 at 03:04 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Osorio's best move may well be Vancouver or Montreal.

He can make $300K and play 2500 quality minutes a year for either of them, as a domestic.

I think he may yet be traded to one of them this summer, if Aketxe beats Oso out.

Of course if Oso just beats Aketxe out, then we move Aketxe back to Spain, and Oso gets the minutes and dough from TFC.
    I could definitely see him ending up in Vancouver or Europe by next season if Aketxe and Vazquez are still around. No way he voluntarily moves to Montreal, at least I hope not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Osorio knows better than to go to Montreal. He'll go to Europe if that's his only option.

Vancouver are about to sign Arfield and have approximately twelve thousand midfielders already. No way they spend decent money on a moderately more impressive version of Russell Teibert. That said, I'm not as sure there aren't teams in the U.S. willing to take him on despite his international status. I don't think teams view it as much of an obstacle. there's tons of international players on MLS teams that aren't as good as Osorio and were signed with less pedigree.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Osorio has helped changed games with his play. So far Aketxe looks kind of invisible on the field. Hope this changes once Aketxe gets more games especially if Oso is leaving. Right now I am not impressed but willing to give him time. VDW seems to be improving with each game and Auro was kind of impressive from the start which is what I was hoping was going to happen with Aketxe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see Osorio going to Vancouver, Mexico or Europe. I'm sure he would improve certain clubs in England for example, perhaps a Championship or League 1 team looking for promotion that needs an attacking option.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t want him to go anywhere. He’s our best Canadian player, and has rightfully earned his place in the starting XI. If he keeps this up, I’d give him a pay raise. If his heart is set on Europe, which it might be from that pre season interview, then let him fly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see Osorio going to Mexico or even Spain.

I doubt he will leave TFC to join other MLS club unless he's getting TAM money. Plus, there were rumours of Hamilton CPL team wanting to sign Osorio next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    I can see Osorio going to Mexico or even Spain.

I doubt he will leave TFC to join other MLS club unless he's getting TAM money. Plus, there were rumours of Hamilton CPL team wanting to sign Osorio next year.
    I don't think he'd go to CPL yet

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's playing too good for CPL $.

The one question is whether Osorio qualifies for the new domestic Canadians rule MLS did last year. If he does, he'll have interest from a few US teams

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    He's playing too good for CPL $.

The one question is whether Osorio qualifies for the new domestic Canadians rule MLS did last year. If he does, he'll have interest from a few US teams
    He doesn't. Didn't spend the required years at either TFC or an approved Academy growing up.

Also, to those up thread; Osorio's not good enough for Mexico. if he's going to Europe he's going to Scandinavia or eastern Europe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he keeps improving like he has over the last couple of years he should be a starter for TFC for a long time to come. For me TFC has to be consistently playing against Mexican and top Concacaf teams going forward. We will need deep squads from here on - there is no going back to having only 11 starting level players. Osorio is a local lad who is as much a fan as he is a player. He shouldn't be allowed to move for money. He would be fully in his rights to do it....but TFC should find a way to make sure he is paid his market value.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A bit more here on Vazquez. Larson says he is signed through 2020

http://torontosun.com/sports/soccer/...group-together

Also Bradley and Seba have “option years” in 2020. Sounds like they are club options, but they could be player options. So Altidore is in a different situation than the other two this summer. Bears keeping an eye on.
    Last edited by ensco; 03-22-2018 at 06:34 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta win the Voyageurs to play in CCL. Montreal will be gunning for that this season.

Which is why we need young Canadian depth too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.metro.us/sports/new-york...C2NUmc.twitter

Former teammate of Chris Mavinga at Rubin Kazan, Alex Song, training with RBNY, looking to sign with an MLS team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’d only want him if he plays CB (which he has). But hasnt for very long time. I’d pass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was pure class at West Ham a few years ago. I'd have him back there in a heart beat. His only downside was he couldn't stay fit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Voyageurs are saying by July 1st the league will grant domestic status to all Canadian players in the league. Great news.

Edit: Every. God. Damn. Year. I fucking hate April fools.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dunno what Alex Song's wages are like, but I remember him being pretty mean muggins when he was at Arsenal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    The Voyageurs are saying by July 1st the league will grant domestic status to all Canadian players in the league. Great news.

Edit: Every. God. Damn. Year. I fucking hate April fools.

LOL

Fooling aside.... this should happen. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jason Hernandez is back!

MEXICO CITY — Jason Hernandez arrived in Mexico City Sunday afternoon aboard Air Canada flight 1980.
    The 34-year-old, free agent defender is expected to officially re-sign with Toronto FC following an extended absence.
    Coach Greg Vanney told the Toronto Sun Sunday night at the club’s luxury hotel the Reds are looking to keep Hernandez at BMO Training Ground beyond his playing years.
    Hernandez joins Toronto FC amid something of an injury crisis. Nick Hagglund remains sidelined with a hamstring injury and centre back Chris Mavinga has been in and out of the lineup.
    Toronto FC hasn’t lost a match (8) in which Hernandez has started or appeared.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hernandez at BMO Training Ground beyond his playing years. ?

US handling of peurto rico have someone with Canadian living ambitions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    Hernandez at BMO Training Ground beyond his playing years. ?

US handling of peurto rico have someone with Canadian living ambitions?
    That wouldn't surprise me... From what I hear about PR it's still a disaster and this seems a smart move.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow thought after so long any Hernandez deal was dead, very happy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woolly View Post
    That wouldn't surprise me... From what I hear about PR it's still a disaster and this seems a smart move.
    its terribly sad

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Him being down in Mexico is...interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mavinga not fit to play you think?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Nick injured, gives them some cover, different options.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm very happy to hear about Hernandez being back, a great option to have available. And "the Reds are looking to keep Hernandez at BMO Training Ground beyond his playing years" is code for a similar deal offered Cheyrou and others in the past: a low-cost extension with options to stay on as a coach or other off-field staff afterwards.

Although I also hope this doesn't mean that Mavinga's injury is serious.