Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if this is to replace Vasquez or this year's version of Osorio.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That’s a bit of a weird signing. Are one of Altidore or Gio moving?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Platt is saying we used TAM for this signing.

huh
    I was surprised at that. Thought it would be like Auro and only kick in once the transfer is made.

Maybe Tigre charged a loan fee?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    That’s a bit of a weird signing. Are one of Altidore or Gio moving?
    They can't play every minute and I don't trust Hamilton or Akinola with minutes in the playoffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So got rid of a Mid(Hasler) and signed two fwds(Bakero and Janson) and nothing to improve our DEF, i dont see the big picture

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    So got rid of a Mid(Hasler) and signed two fwds(Bakero and Janson) and nothing to improve our DEF, i dont see the big picture
    You said what I was trying to say better than I did
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My heart says welcome to TFC Lucas Janson. Stay healthy, be a creative contributor, enjoy our part of the world and be a worthy red.

My head says 5 foot 7 inch, 148 lbs? Why does Bez go tiny in the midfield? Tiny up front?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what it is sounding like. He is more of an attacking midfield, so someone who would be behind Osorio and Vasquez more than the strikers.

Still think something more is coming since TAM was used not GAM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure they signed him to be the third choice FW and an option on the wing when we're in our 4-4-2. I don't think he plays CM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like I said earlier, this allows TFC to play 4-3-3 now, or play with Gio below Altidore and Janson. Ricketts is gone at years end. I think they use his money to sign a CB next season. They better hope Moor stays healthy, and is the same Moor from before the injury.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bez said defence was an issue they wanted to address. Either they couldn't get it done or somebody changed their mind about Zavs & Hagglund as the #4 CB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Still Kicking View Post
    My heart says welcome to TFC Lucas Janson. Stay healthy, be a creative contributor, enjoy our part of the world and be a worthy red.

My head says 5 foot 7 inch, 148 lbs? Why does Bez go tiny in the midfield? Tiny up front?
    Skill>Size

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or there's still another shoe to drop before the deadline closes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    Or maybe it was to free up the international slot which we traded to LAFC for Allocation? As there potentially is another player dropping today and we need the GAM,TAM,SPAM.

“generally” we stack up in a 3-5-2 formation, but often change shape throughout the game, at least 5 formation changes during our ATL game.

Lets not “blame Vanney” when Bez was the one whom pulled the trigger, also it’s all conjecture as we don’t know really what or why.. I am happy to see Hasler getting more minutes now, great dude!
    I'm not blaming Vanney. I'm just saying that's what he wants from the team, which is why we play more of a diamond shape on the attack but fall back to a back 5 in defence. They work together with each other, and I'm sure when van der Wiel was signed, Bez signed him to replace Beitashour.

About Lucas Janson, that's an interesting signing. It's signalling a move away from Ricketts and our young forwards as the reliable backup option. His versatility also seems to hint at the fact that he might be our go-to winger option instead of Telfer. Let's see how this goes. I look forward to seeing him play for us in the next few weeks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This Tigres signing... I have a bad feeling Altidore is going.

Total wildass speculation.

One thing is for sure, a hell of a lot more is going on than meets the eye.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You said what I was trying to say better than I did
    I agree and I am initially skeptical of this signing ..... but

If he’s as fast as advertised and as skillful, that’s something we don’t have on our team right now that could be very handy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think Alitdore leaves until Seba does. You can't really have Seba without Altidore, but Altidore doesn't necessarily need Seba.

I think this guy is a good back-up fw and a proper wing option in a 4-4-2.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This Tigres signing... I have a bad feeling Altidore is going.

Total wildass speculation.

One thing is for sure, a hell of a lot more is going on than meets the eye.
    Nah, Altidore is not going anywhere. You have to have a backup when he's injured, that's all.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Away Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he can play attacking mid, as stated, I feel he’s a backup for Vázquez. We struggled to make chances with Vázquez out, and I think the team want that player who can cover any potential injuries to VV or rotate when needed.
    Away trips: 2014 - Seattle. 2015 - Montreal. 2016 - Montreal x2. Playoffs - NYCFC, Montreal. 2017 - Salt Lake, Philly, Ottawa, Montreal, Chicago, LA, Atlanta. ​Playoffs - NYRB, Columbus. 2018 ​- Monterrey, MX (Tigres) CCL, Montreal, Ottawa, Montreal. 2019 - ​Philly, Montreal, Seattle (MLS Cup final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again, I don't think he really plays the #10. He's more of a winger/inside forward who can play a bit at FW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Again, I don't think he really plays the #10. He's more of a winger/inside forward who can play a bit at FW.
    Yeah I agree. This is cover for the forwards so we have a replacement when Giovinco is out or it’s an attempt to play 4-3-3. Very much doubt he lines up in midfield, ever.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possibly good move if he can handle the physicality better than Aketxe and he fits what they wanted when he was signed; another creative player to break down defenses but who also has a good left foot. Also an eventual VV replacement too.

As for defense, we have GAM and can still sign free agents after this deadline closes. I can see us grabbing a domestic scrub like Edgar to fill a spot.

RPB Member
    Away Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Possibly good move if he can handle the physicality better than Aketxe and he fits what they wanted when he was signed; another creative player to break down defenses but who also has a good left foot. Also an eventual VV replacement too.

As for defense, we have GAM and can still sign free agents after this deadline closes. I can see us grabbing a domestic scrub like Edgar to fill a spot.
    Edgar just signed with Ottawa
    Away trips: 2014 - Seattle. 2015 - Montreal. 2016 - Montreal x2. Playoffs - NYCFC, Montreal. 2017 - Salt Lake, Philly, Ottawa, Montreal, Chicago, LA, Atlanta. ​Playoffs - NYRB, Columbus. 2018 ​- Monterrey, MX (Tigres) CCL, Montreal, Ottawa, Montreal. 2019 - ​Philly, Montreal, Seattle (MLS Cup final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the Janson signing because it gives us a winger on the roster, but we have obvious issues at CB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well here is my take in the trade, Moor is close to coming back and the back line will be healthy again. What they found when Altidore was out was there was no space for Giovinco to roam and his production went down, at the same time Vasquez has been in and out of the line up and his knees are not holding up. So they needed backup for attacking mid and more weapons to ensure that Giovinco has space to attack and set up plays. They are betting big time that Moor can come back to his previous form and remain healthy for the rest of the year, that is a big if. However, I think the real key is to keeping Mavinga healthy and in the line up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A young versatile player is exactly what we could use (second to a CB)
    He's either a supersub or future replacement to Vazquez, Oso or Gio.
    It would have been nice to have him 8 weeks ago.
    I like the South American direction as well
    Last edited by Defoe; 08-08-2018 at 07:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Asked Peter Coates who covers Argie ball about Janson

Very talented. Prior to his knee injury at the end of 2016, looked to be destined for big things so if he can recover that form, Toronto have a real asset

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the talk on the CC broadcast, it sounds like they got him to be a winger-type forward, a piece that they say they didn't have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if this signing means that Oso might go sooner than later. On the broadcast last night they mentioned that Oso's agent said they are working hard to get a deal done with TFC but he has received a couple of large offers from outside the league.

We really need another CB. With Mavinga in and out of the line up it is clear that we are not the same team without him. We need another reliable CB. That needs to be a priority.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tunnelred View Post
    If he can play attacking mid, as stated, I feel he’s a backup for Vázquez. We struggled to make chances with Vázquez out, and I think the team want that player who can cover any potential injuries to VV or rotate when needed.
    That appeared to be why they brought in Aketxe. You might be right: winger in a 4-3-3, back up to Gio and VV.