Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    awesome news.....probably most underrated defender in MLS.....you hear nothing about the guy.....
    Best central defender in MLS in my view.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I don't disagree at all....but in MLS circles, next to nothing is said about him....I haven't seen/heard much ever at least....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/NeilMDavidson/st...80304577822720

In rewarding Chris Mavinga with an improved new deal, #TorontoFC tore up his old contract and gave him a new one with an extra year term.

deserved

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when does Michael Bradley contract end. I found something on the internet that this is his final year of the contract...

Any ideas?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley, Jozy, Seba all finish at end of 2019.

By the summer, it’ll start being a talking point.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think some may be sold if we do not advance in the CCL this year....

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Bradley, Jozy, Seba all finish at end of 2019.

By the summer, it’ll start being a talking point.
    And an interesting one, at that. By the end of 2019, Giovinco is 32, Altidore is 29 and Bradley is 31. All three of them seem to take pretty good care of themselves and should be able to play at a pretty high level for several more years, but if Giovinco loses a step, will he still be as deadly?

Victor Vazquez should still be able to play his game, provided he stays injury-free, as he doesn't rely on a lot of speed. Aketxe will be right in the mix if his trajectory continues. Do you break up the band in 2019, or keep everyone together? I guess on-field performance will be a huge factor, but we'll have to see how things develop with these key players as they start to get into the later stages of their careers. It's not all that far away.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With them being 32/31/29 come 2019, I can't see why we can't keep the party going for another 2-3 years with this trio.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My thoughts:

Gio signs a 1 year big $ contract & then when he's 34, he either moves into a non DP position or moves back to Italy to play out his last few years lower down in Serie A.

Bradley plays out his years here - towards the end, he's on a non DP contract that allows him to get his coaching badges. After that, Bradley does what his Dad did.

Altidore will sign another big DP contract with us. When he's 33, he does the non DP thing & retires a Red - probably lifting the cup when that version of the Reds with 3 new DP's takes things by storm, again.

This team is being set up for long term success and all 3 DP's know they are not going to get a better option then what they get here.

Any spec about Bradley leaving is false - family very happy here & he runs that dressing room as captain like he can't do anywhere else.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Especially with Vazquez still in the mix and the young guys like Mavinga and possibly Aketxe getting even better, I don't see why we can't keep the big three and get stronger. Osorio is a solid MLS midfielder and a hometown boy, Delgado is young and already pretty good, VDW could be good, Morrow is here for several more years, Bono is already one of the better keepers in the league at 23, Hagglund and Zavaleta are both solid MLS defenders and young. We are in very good shape for the future and the present.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

something to add here.....Manning said just before the season started that when TFC makes "bigger" player acquisitions moving forward, they're doing it with the vision of 3 years in future.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    My thoughts:

Gio signs a 1 year big $ contract & then when he's 34, he either moves into a non DP position or moves back to Italy to play out his last few years lower down in Serie A.

Bradley plays out his years here - towards the end, he's on a non DP contract that allows him to get his coaching badges. After that, Bradley does what his Dad did.

Altidore will sign another big DP contract with us. When he's 33, he does the non DP thing & retires a Red - probably lifting the cup when that version of the Reds with 3 new DP's takes things by storm, again.

This team is being set up for long term success and all 3 DP's know they are not going to get a better option then what they get here.

Any spec about Bradley leaving is false - family very happy here & he runs that dressing room as captain like he can't do anywhere else.
    Not sure if altidore will sign another DP contract. I suspect Vazquez will leave after next season, going to Spain so his son can grow up there, freeing up TAM for Altidore. According to Twitter, Giovinco has been signing contracts with Toronto companies (sponsors, clothing designers among others) that go beyond 2019. I agree about Bradley, I can see him as a coach here in Toronto like Cheyrou is doing, eventually working his way up to the first team coaching roles. Buying down Altidore on TAM would free up a DP spot which we can use to replace Vazquez.

All very confusing, and a long way away from happening but I'm sure Bezbatchenko will make a logical decision when the time comes. #InBezWeTrust

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BenRhodes23 View Post
    Not sure if altidore will sign another DP contract. I suspect Vazquez will leave after next season, going to Spain so his son can grow up there, freeing up TAM for Altidore. According to Twitter, Giovinco has been signing contracts with Toronto companies (sponsors, clothing designers among others) that go beyond 2019. I agree about Bradley, I can see him as a coach here in Toronto like Cheyrou is doing, eventually working his way up to the first team coaching roles. Buying down Altidore on TAM would free up a DP spot which we can use to replace Vazquez.

All very confusing, and a long way away from happening but I'm sure Bezbatchenko will make a logical decision when the time comes. #InBezWeTrust
    I do remember hearing Vazquez wanted to end his career in Spain and fair enough. I feel like Seba will re-sign here, he's been here for 3 years already and he literally just bought a house over the winter after living in the Four Seasons (for the full duration of the 3 years). As for Jozy and Bradley, who knows, both will certainly have options.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    I do remember hearing Vazquez wanted to end his career in Spain and fair enough. I feel like Seba will re-sign here, he's been here for 3 years already and he literally just bought a house over the winter after living in the Four Seasons (for the full duration of the 3 years). As for Jozy and Bradley, who knows, both will certainly have options.
    the four seasons is rough lol

VV might change his mind, this is were MLSE personnel need to win his family over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    My thoughts:

I see bradley as a GM and possibly MLS comissioner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what do we think about the supposed Monterrey interest for Giovinco?

https://www.fantagazzetta.com/calcio...messico-288782

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post

Like a fart in the wind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post

Giovinco has had offers to go back to Europe and declined because he likes living here. He's going to go to Mexico, where its worse than going back to Italy? No chance. Vasquez came here from Mexico for the same reason. I get that Vasquez was in Mexico City and Monterrey is the most developed city in Mexico, I hear, but still you spend half your time in the road in those other cities. Definitely for Gio at this point in his career, it's Toronto or Italy and that's it.
    Last edited by rydermike; 03-08-2018 at 07:18 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anything is possible. I still wonder about China. So many guys with lesser pedigrees than Seba making gigantic money there.

My $0.02. Seba's oldest is born in 2013. I think, if he is leaving, it's to go home to establish his son in grade school in Italy.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Anything is possible. I still wonder about China. So many guys with lesser pedigrees than Seba making gigantic money there.

My $0.02. Seba's oldest is born in 2013. I think, if he is leaving, it's to go home to establish his son in grade school in Italy.
    I guess it depends if he wants his kids in school here or there. He might think here is better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Found this on reddit regarding Mathieu Valbuena. Article not in English tho.

https://www.fotomac.com.tr/fenerbahc...-abdden-teklif

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not the first time we've been linked to Valbuena if i'm not mistaken.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    awesome news.....probably most underrated defender in MLS.....you hear nothing about the guy.....
    Pretty sure he's starting to get some attention after that game Wednesday night. Had a laugh listening to the extra time radio guys refer to our back line as "Moor, Mavinga and the other guy". They were very appreciative of Mavinga's talent on the podcast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Pretty sure he's starting to get some attention after that game Wednesday night. Had a laugh listening to the extra time radio guys refer to our back line as "Moor, Mavinga and the other guy". They were very appreciative of Mavinga's talent on the podcast.
    I think this is well deserved. Agree he has been great.

It's funny because he is the guy that I hear the most complaints about in the stands, which I don't understand. Maybe his passing game needs work, but he is a solid defender and a great tackler.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wopchop View Post
    I think this is well deserved. Agree he has been great.

It's funny because he is the guy that I hear the most complaints about in the stands, which I don't understand. Maybe his passing game needs work, but he is a solid defender and a great tackler.
    Mavinga is the guy you hear the most complaints about? That's nuts. In my area it's Zavaletta. That could change at any moment though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mavinga is the guy you hear the most complaints about? That's nuts. In my area it's Zavaletta. That could change at any moment though.
    Yeah, I don't get it. It could just be a few loud guys with a grudge though. You know how people get.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    Found this on reddit regarding Mathieu Valbuena. Article not in English tho.

https://www.fotomac.com.tr/fenerbahc...-abdden-teklif
    If we get Valbuena... I mean, god damn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Torres at Seattle and Waston at Vancouver are for me - but he is the discussion. They are older and he will get better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Torres at Seattle and Waston at Vancouver are for me - but he is the discussion. They are older and he will get better.
    Yes. Mavinga was a great pick up. Technically he's very good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very interested in how real these Valbuena rumours are. He hasnt been playing much in Turkey, but he has played with VdW and also 7 years with Cheyrou. Maybe those connections are a factor. At 33, he wouldn't command a very high pricetag. Cheyrou may be talking him into a similar career ending path.

Our midfield is crowded, but maybe all this competition is good and exactly the reason Oso and Delgado have been playing great. Nothing keeps a team stronger then depth. Most bigger leagues have depth galore, something MLS has been lacking.

Seems like a Bez move to me, but who the hell knows!