Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1097
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    The whole team including mgmt, showed their inexperience by failing to understand the normal let down in the season following a championship . They were frozen and it seems no one had a critical eye . I would like to pick up kie Kamara , if any of the biggies leaves . Very versatile. Crazy as it seems I think he would have been a better fit for Sebastian . I didn’t say he was better than Josie , just more versatile.
    Not Kei Kamara. Totally inconsistent and never seems to get along in the locker room.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nguyen was never going to go to an Eastern team. NER had higher offers from Montreal then they took from LAFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Its been more of a flat 4-4-2 today but GAWSH Champman is useless out wide. Not quick enough and goes back more then 50% of the time. He's an AM not a RM.
    I think he’s just a kid with talent that has yet to realize the sacrifice required to fully make it in the league. Needs to be sharper.

Clock is running down and his big opportunity might go begging.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I think he’s just a kid with talent that has yet to realize the sacrifice required to fully make it in the league. Needs to be sharper.

Kid? Chapman will be 25 when the new season starts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said the same thing about Osorio for 2 years and he came around. Next year is it for Chapman. Make or break.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Kid? Chapman will be 25 when the new season starts.
    No arguments there. It’s getting a little late in the game to be treated as a prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I said the same thing about Osorio for 2 years and he came around. Next year is it for Chapman. Make or break.
    Osorio had some sustained run of play in his career you could hang your hat on though. And, as much as some posters have him as their hobby-horse whipping boy, he did lots of non-flashy stuff off the ball to warrant his continuous place in the squad prior to starting his scoring streak (although maybe not as a starter).

Chapman has like one game a year where he looks like a Canadian Mario Götze and the rest of the time looks pedestrian. How long can we hold out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chapman, Hamilton and Morgan all Canadian players have been given ample time to prove they can play in the MLS. Sad to say but they have all failed. A spurt every once in a while is not good enough. Time to move on. We need quality players and quality bench strength.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I was a fan of Chapman and was hoping we'd see something from him this year, unfortunately we saw squat.

Hamilton is another one who had big opportunities this year to show he's MLS class, but failed.

I don't know what to make of Morgan. He's not a good player, but showed some ok stuff this year. However, what does that say about the club when Ashtone Morgan looks good on the pitch (keep in mind we set a club record for most goals conceded this year)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the introduction of the TFC Academy I thought by now we would have seen so much more talent coming out of there by this time....but aside from Osorio, has it produced any true starters? Maybe Doneil Henry is starting at Vancouver right now but I think it comes down to lack of options more than him nailing down that starting spot with his performances. TFC II is last in USL last I looked so doesn't sound like we have too many gems there. You would think in 10+ years we could have had at least one more Osorio come out of that system. Pretty sure some other MLS academies have done better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t think Osorio even played for TFCA. He played for SC Toronto for half a season prior to making TFC on a preseason trial. Prior to that his formal development was in Uruguay.

Raheem Edwards was developed elsewhere too. Jumped into TFCII at the last minute.

They’ve basically done squat while sitting in one of the most talent rich markets in North America.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 10-22-2018 at 03:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=ag futbol;1881809]I don’t think Osorio even played for TFCA. He played for SC Toronto for half a season prior to making TFC on a preseason trial. Prior to that his formal development was in Uruguay.

Raheem Edwards was developed elsewhere too. Jumped into TFCII at the last minute.

They’ve basically done squat while sitting in one of the most talent rich markets in North America.[/QUOTE

Pretty much. It's a joke really.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a joke. Not sure it is now but others involved might disagree (that having been said, there is no academy in MLS without somebody locally despising it).

The academy was reset starting in 2014. Vanney's first job here. The age academy's need to start working with kids is 13 and under. So, anybody who is now older then 17 from out of that academy would be a bonus. Liam Fraser is that bous.

Realistically, we shoudn't see those kids until they are 19. I don't expect the academy to get us anybody decent for another 2 years yet. If at that point, the cupboard is bare, we got issues.

Which is another reason why I think a complete management reset with both Bez & Vanney gone would be playing with fire. That academy isn't set yet to run on its own churning out people without some sense of its own momentum. Turn out players for the first team for a few years and then it will be able to operate on its own without interference from the first team bosses.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 10-22-2018 at 05:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    It was a joke. Not sure it is now but others involved might disagree (that having been said, there is no academy in MLS without somebody locally despising it).

The academy was reset starting in 2014. Vanney's first job here. The age academy's need to start working with kids is 13 and under. So, anybody who is now older then 17 from out of that academy would be a bonus. Liam Fraser is that bous.

Realistically, we shoudn't see those kids until they are 19. I don't expect the academy to get us anybody decent for another 2 years yet. If at that point, the cupboard is bare, we got issues.

Which is another reason why I think a complete management reset with both Bez & Vanney gone would be playing with fire. That academy isn't set yet to run on its own churning out people without some sense of its own momentum. Turn out players for the first team for a few years and then it will be able to operate on its own without interference from the first team bosses.
    I really hope the academy gets to where it becomes its own entity and always be run 100% separate from the club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could be something in this, or nothing at all, but Bez and Jack Dodd were over at Hoffenheim for a "visit".

https://twitter.com/1_LPfannenstiel/status/1054402219360034819

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by langilleski View Post
    Could be something in this, or nothing at all, but Bez and Jack Dodd were over at Hoffenheim for a "visit".

https://twitter.com/1_LPfannenstiel/status/1054402219360034819

maybe they are looking at getting one of these:
    https://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/B...ing-454562.jsp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We certainly missed the mark with Mark Anthony Kaye tho...he was in TFC II but went elsewhere and ended up on LAFC...go figure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OfficeGuy View Post
    We certainly missed the mark with Mark Anthony Kaye tho...he was in TFC II but went elsewhere and ended up on LAFC...go figure
    and they played him at left back

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure Hamilton or Chapman have had the opportunity to prove themselves this season. Likely not going to as they're bit players but ones that have performed at least adequately when given the chance. Not sure what Vanneys aversion to using Hamilton is but it bothers me.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW, new MLSPA figures say Janson is making $449K

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/...uver-whitecaps

One year left on his deal. Makes around $555,000. 30 years old. One of the best CB’s in the MLS. Doesn’t need time to adapt to the league. Has continental experience. This makes way to much sense for us. Him and Mavinga would be one of, if not the best CB’s duals in the league. He’s also a major threat in the air.

I know Vancouver might be skeptical of trading him to another Canadian team, but at least he would not be in conference.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Not sure Hamilton or Chapman have had the opportunity to prove themselves this season. Likely not going to as they're bit players but ones that have performed at least adequately when given the chance. Not sure what Vanneys aversion to using Hamilton is but it bothers me.
    I don't buy the "they didn't get time to prove themselves" argument ever for these guys that we hear each year from some people. They are in training every day with the first team. They have played in games when needed so have had actual game time minutes as well. Janson came in on his first game and looked that he could have a positive impact fairly quickly. Auro did the same. It is possible to show your worth in a game or two with a little time playing. You have to take your chances when you get them. They get plenty of time to prove themselves every day at training and then when called upon in games. The staff are watching them daily and the coach's view is obviously that they are only worth being bit players based on what they have shown. They can only blame themselves in my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    and they played him at left back
    Against his preference. His USL team played him out of position too.

Some of these coaches in North America... you have to wonder

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/...uver-whitecaps

One year left on his deal. Makes around $555,000. 30 years old. One of the best CB’s in the MLS. Doesn’t need time to adapt to the league. Has continental experience. This makes way to much sense for us. Him and Mavinga would be one of, if not the best CB’s duals in the league. He’s also a major threat in the air.

I know Vancouver might be skeptical of trading him to another Canadian team, but at least he would not be in conference.
    I would hold out for Walker Zimmerman if we’re going the within MLS route.

Waston isn’t great on the ball and his reputation with the officials is awful. Big, physical, good in the air, and overrated. Expect a couple sending-offs a season. Pass.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I would hold out for Walker Zimmerman if we’re going the within MLS route.

Waston isn’t great on the ball and his reputation with the officials is awful. Big, physical, good in the air, and overrated. Expect a couple sending-offs a season. Pass.
    Yes - we need a CB leader - not another CB enforcer. We need someone who can organize the backline. Waston is not that player.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    They have both had plenty of opportunity to prove they are capable and both of them have come up short. Hamilton more than Chapman IMO.

Hamilton didn't execute enough when called upon earlier in the season, hence why he was given less opportunities after. 14 appearances with only 2 goals - not good enough. at that pace he'd score, what...5 goals in a full season - maybe 6. Not good enough

Chapman has a bad attitude on the pitch. Always complaining. Maybe that changes in a better season - but even in the "Best Ever Season" he would pout on the pitch too often for my liking.
    Last edited by jabbronies; 10-23-2018 at 03:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I totally agree with what guys are saying about Chapman, Hamilton and Morgan. I don’t like to be negative about players who represent the badge. But in saying that I am a big believer of players who prove they are fit enough and give everything for the badge.
    Chapman and Hamilton aren’t good enough for the standard of football we expect after the past few seasons, Morgan has had his ups and downs but again, not fit enough for the standard we want.
    This is a big off season and some tough changes are going to have to be made and somebody in that board room is going to have to make a big choice on moving forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SarniaTFC View Post
    Yeah I totally agree with what guys are saying about Chapman, Hamilton and Morgan. I don’t like to be negative about players who represent the badge. But in saying that I am a big believer of players who prove they are fit enough and give everything for the badge.
    Chapman and Hamilton aren’t good enough for the standard of football we expect after the past few seasons, Morgan has had his ups and downs but again, not fit enough for the standard we want.
    This is a big off season and some tough changes are going to have to be made and somebody in that board room is going to have to make a big choice on moving forward.
    I would give Morgan a pass since he did come up big in CCL. There is always a need for cheap Canadian depth and thats what Morgan is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Yes - we need a CB leader - not another CB enforcer. We need someone who can organize the backline. Waston is not that player.
    Essentially we need a younger, healthier Drew Moor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BenRhodes23 View Post
    Essentially we need a younger, healthier Drew Moor.
    We need 2 CB's and a CAM.

It's really evident the best teams in the league (Atlanta, NYRB) have the best young CAM's. Almiron and Kaku. Boreck Dockal transformed Philadelphia into a playoff team. Maxi Moralez and Luciano Acosta also transformed their teams. MLS has some of the best young CAM's in the world. Vazquez is clearly a lot more important then Bradley ever was.

When Vazquez and Moor went down, our season went down.

I really hope Janson is a replacement for Altidore because Janson is not a luxury we can afford without addressing CB and CAM.

Here are some good ones:

https://realsport101.com/news/sports...s-cam-to-sign/

http://www.mejoress.com/en/fifa-19-b...g-midfielders/
    Last edited by Defoe; 10-24-2018 at 12:09 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    We need 2 CB's and a CAM.

It's really evident the best teams in the league (Atlanta, NYRB) have the best young CAM's. Almiron and Kaku. Boreck Dockal transformed Philadelphia into a playoff team. Maxi Moralez and Luciano Acosta also transformed their teams. MLS has some of the best young CAM's in the world. Vazquez is clearly a lot more important then Bradley ever was.

When Vazquez and Moor went down, our season went down.

I really hope Janson is a replacement for Altidore because Janson is not a luxury we can afford without addressing CB and CAM.

Here are some good ones:

https://realsport101.com/news/sports...s-cam-to-sign/

http://www.mejoress.com/en/fifa-19-b...g-midfielders/
    But this is the guy I want:

https://www.futhead.com/19/players/1...artin-benitez/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGB43X7xxHQ