Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637
Results 1,081 to 1,097 of 1097
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chapman has played well on multiple occasions. Hamilton puzzles me. But I am also puzzled that he didn’t get a consistent run earlier in the year when Jozy was out. He is the only player we have who is a like for like substitute ( although obviously not at the same level) and Gio needs a hold up player to partner with. I thought it was a mistake at the time and would have contributed to Hamilton’s development as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hamilton has not been good this year. Ricketts is on the downturn of his career and cannot play as a forward for 90 minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's also rumoured to cost 5.6 million for transfer value. If you're replacing Altidore or Giovinco, fine. Otherwise, we're stretched for for TAM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    They have both had plenty of opportunity to prove they are capable and both of them have come up short. Hamilton more than Chapman IMO.

Hamilton didn't execute enough when called upon earlier in the season, hence why he was given less opportunities after. 14 appearances with only 2 goals - not good enough. at that pace he'd score, what...5 goals in a full season - maybe 6. Not good enough

Chapman has a bad attitude on the pitch. Always complaining. Maybe that changes in a better season - but even in the "Best Ever Season" he would pout on the pitch too often for my liking.
    Wonderful thing is we can agree to disagree. He started 10 of those 14. How many mins each game did he play and how many games one after another? Still not great numbers but if you're not playing regularly in any manner it's hard to expect him to make an impact. Which leads me to the following comment

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Hamilton puzzles me. But I am also puzzled that he didn’t get a consistent run earlier in the year when Jozy was out. He is the only player we have who is a like for like substitute ( although obviously not at the same level) and Gio needs a hold up player to partner with. I thought it was a mistake at the time and would have contributed to Hamilton’s development as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by noimpactinmtl View Post
    Hamilton has not been good this year. Ricketts is on the downturn of his career and cannot play as a forward for 90 minutes.
    Ricketts although I like the fella is a sprinter who stumbled upon the sport of football. He's not needed but I hope he finds a good home.

Not sure what people are expecting from Chapman, he's been serviceable when he's been called upon, this is still a league with a cap and he's the sort of player you're going to have around while we have one.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My real problem with Chapman is attitude. Guy gets frustrated really easy. Tactically, he's not really a right sided shuttler but he's not quick enough with the ball to play the AM role in MLS. Guy needs to reset himself this offseason. Reminds me of Delgado circa 2016.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we need to keep an eye on Atlanta as a player for Jozy in 2019.

They have a lot of change coming in the offseason. Martino gone. Almiron going. Martinez maybe going. They have the money and the vision to be exciting to Jozy.

I note that Jozy has multiple retweets overnight of the Boca Juniors Copa Libertadores game last night.

Schelotto is rumoured to be going to Atlanta. They have already signed Pity from River Plate.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I think we need to keep an eye on Atlanta as a player for Jozy in 2019.

They have a lot of change coming in the offseason. Martino gone. Almiron going. Martinez maybe going. They have the money and the vision to be exciting to Jozy.

I note that Jozy has multiple retweets overnight of the Boca Juniors Copa Libertadores game last night.

Schelotto is rumoured to be going to Atlanta. They have already signed Pity from River Plate.
    I watched that game last night. And i convinced myself overnight that if Jozy goes, Bez/MLSE should go all out for Dario Benedetto.

I mean he is a destroyer of the Impact already

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJgbSl5HB_I

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    My real problem with Chapman is attitude. Guy gets frustrated really easy. Tactically, he's not really a right sided shuttler but he's not quick enough with the ball to play the AM role in MLS. Guy needs to reset himself this offseason. Reminds me of Delgado circa 2016.
    He needs to be more decisive. The time he takes to make decisions is too long and he (for whatever reason) seems less willing to take on his man out wide vs. In the centre of the park.

I think his speed isn’t too bad. Not game breaking but good enough.

Frustrating as everyone can see the potential. Hopefully this all leads to improvement in the offseason.

How much longer can he be ahead of Endoh on the depth chart?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    He needs to be more decisive. The time he takes to make decisions is too long and he (for whatever reason) seems less willing to take on his man out wide vs. In the centre of the park.

I think his speed isn’t too bad. Not game breaking but good enough.

Frustrating as everyone can see the potential. Hopefully this all leads to improvement in the offseason.

How much longer can he be ahead of Endoh on the depth chart?
    I rate Endoh higher than Chapman.
    Chapman has potential, but that's all it is.
    The only thing endoh has going against him from being on TFC last year was numbers at his position

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only thing endoh has going against him from being on TFC last year was numbers at his position
    and he counts has a import..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    and he counts has a import..
    For now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And he can't cross or shoot. He's got speed and enthusiasm tho

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    And he can't cross or shoot. He's got speed and enthusiasm tho
    Endoh can't shoot?

An MLS keeper might have stopped one of these. Still good shots though.

I would agree he's inconsistent though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Endoh can't shoot?

An MLS keeper might have stopped one of these. Still good shots though.

I would agree he's inconsistent though.
    But willing to strike from outside the box, where as I have very rarely seen a first team TFC player actually take a strike from outside the box, always wanting to make that one or two extra passes and lose possession or recycle back towards our goal, tactically for me that is a huge problem with TFC and Vanney, he wants the team to score goals from inside the penalty area and TFC does not have the players skilled enough to do that barring a few, Gio, Jozy and VV. My 2 cents. And as mentioned Chapman is 25 he will never be any more skilled than he is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    But willing to strike from outside the box, where as I have very rarely seen a first team TFC player actually take a strike from outside the box, always wanting to make that one or two extra passes and lose possession or recycle back towards our goal, tactically for me that is a huge problem with TFC and Vanney, he wants the team to score goals from inside the penalty area and TFC does not have the players skilled enough to do that barring a few, Gio, Jozy and VV. My 2 cents. And as mentioned Chapman is 25 he will never be any more skilled than he is.
    Everything in this statement is 100% spot on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    And as mentioned Chapman is 25 he will never be any more skilled than he is.
    2010: former MLS second round draft pick at the age of 24 scores one goal and zero assists in about 500 minutes of action. Next year: 5 goals, 7 assists. Year after: 5 goals, 15 assists, MLS all-star. If you can’t guess who it’s Graham Zusi.

2018: Jay Chapman at 24 scores 3 goals in 900 minutes, shows the very odd flash of brilliance but doesn’t ever put together a full game outing.

I agree, odds are against Chapman. But, stranger things have happened. And it’s not unusual in this wonky development system in North American for guys to be late bloomers.

Looking down our list of prospects, sure he’ll have to fight with Endoh for minutes but it’s not like the Academy is offering much these days. Hard to think of who is going to be a replacement that far down the roster.

I’m disappointed, but cautious, especially after we jettisoned Kaye.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please continue the discussion in the off-season thread:

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...lation-rumours
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto