Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's the CCL rules. Yellows do not get erased at all: http://mobile.concacaf.com/wp-conten...ons-ENG-MT.pdf

We just got CONCACAF'D on that yellow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Here's the CCL rules. Yellows do not get erased at all: http://mobile.concacaf.com/wp-conten...ons-ENG-MT.pdf

We just got CONCACAF'D on that yellow.
    If they're not wiping out yellows at all it should at least be three to earn a suspension. A team that makes the final will play 7 games before the last leg. 2 yellows in 7 games is pretty reasonable and not at all worth a suspension.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Yes. I was in the Dominican Republic a couple of years ago and was quite surprised to see branches there.
    same in Costa Rica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Oso and Seba are the best players on the pitch. Don't pencil Aketxe into the XI yet
    Osorio plays much better with a fire under his ass (any time there's competition for his spot, he elevates his game)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    yay. Hamilton got off the bench before Spencer lol
    Fack, there goes my $100 bucks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fantastic effort in terrible playing conditions to take a commanding lead in the series going into the 2nd leg.

Auro looks like a great find.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hagglund is a great luxury to have against teams that try punting the long ball over the top. It seems like he wins at least 80% of aerial duels every game.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The Rapids defence on that goal looked really really bad. I get its cold but nobody moved towards the ball - it was like watching a scrimmage.
    It was like they were waiting for their New England match to start.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    yay. Hamilton got off the bench before Spencer lol
    Thing is, this was the case a lot of times last year. It was just Jordan coming on in garbage time, vs Spencer coming on in the 60th minute.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The good thing about this game, aside from the few screwy moments due to conditions and preseason rust where they got chances, is that we looked fairly good but you could see we never really got out of first gear. It bodes really well for us when we actually get some more games in and have better playing conditions. This could be a very very dominant TFC team this year. It is quite exciting to think of their potential. Colorado in their preseason shape and missing some guys looked like a USL team to me. I am sure they will get better too when they get fully fit and get more guys in their lineup but I think the gap in talent was pretty apparent. I also found it funny that playing at altitude was one of their excuses for not doing as well. That is usually the visiting team's excuse. Looking forward to next week.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, what was the point of giving Hamilton 45 seconds in the game? Just time wasting ploy I guess. Not sure why. We had the game under control. Hamilton was not likely warmed up well enough after sitting out there all game and even in 45 sec of playing time he could have injured himself. I haven't questioned Vanney's subs for some time but I thought that was unnecessary.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T.O TILL I DIE View Post
    I cringed when there fans did the thunder clap and chanted a nursery rhyme. Just saying
    They were feeling Icelandic
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jazz View Post
    Hagglund is a great luxury to have against teams that try punting the long ball over the top. It seems like he wins at least 80% of aerial duels every game.
    The man is a big ass athlete. He's so agile. If we had to lose between Zavs or Haggs I would hope we would keep the latter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After watching last night's game, I really think Giovinco will be closer to his first two year's MLS form than last year's. He looked on last night in a way we didn't get to see as much last year. That's going to be scary for the league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I get the feeling they are working on getting the starers to 90 minute fitness - getting used to 90 minutes at altitude could mean a lot in 3 weeks.
    BMO Field elevation: ~80m
    Estadio Universitario: ~540m
    (You can get to about ~450m in the drumlin fields of Peterborough)
    Dick's Sporting Goods Field elevation: ~1574m <- this ls the lower boundary of where you might see serious altitude effects

Really, Monterrey is no big deal for altitude.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    BMO Field elevation: ~80m
    Estadio Universitario: ~540m
    (You can get to about ~450m in the drumlin fields of Peterborough)
    Dick's Sporting Goods Field elevation: ~1574m <- this ls the lower boundary of where you might see serious altitude effects

Really, Monterrey is no big deal for altitude.
    yeah, Monterrey isn't Mexico City is it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Oso and Seba are the best players on the pitch. Don't pencil Aketxe into the XI yet
    I actually wonder if we’d be better spending the money earmarked for Aketxe on a quality striker. If Altidore goes down we look a little thin with Ricketts, Spencer, and Hamilton. A quality goal scorer would seem slightly more of a priority than a midfielder where we look well covered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    I actually wonder if we’d be better spending the money earmarked for Aketxe on a quality striker. If Altidore goes down we look a little thin with Ricketts, and Hamilton. A quality goal scorer would seem slightly more of a priority than a midfielder where we look well covered
    Good point, but the players mentioned (and the one deleted) have shown to be adequate backups when those players have been gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The more I think about it, I really liked a lot of what I was seeing during the second half. Usually would have to wait a few weeks into the season to see things coming together.

I know it is super easy to get overexcited with early wins...errr...win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    After watching last night's game, I really think Giovinco will be closer to his first two year's MLS form than last year's. He looked on last night in a way we didn't get to see as much last year. That's going to be scary for the league.
    I'm hoping he plays with the same approach more often this season. He was dropping deep more often to combine with the midfield which gave him more success on the ball. I think he's less effective picking up long balls at centre and charging at the other team's backline.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    That’s what I saw too. I still wonder if he was never fully healed from his injury, and perhaps he now is. Sure looked motivated and physically strong.