Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quarters are scheduled from March 6 to 14 so rescheduling is going to be limited. Might be able to do it first week of March but not ideal. Tuesday is the problem day, between the dangerous cold and the snowstorm on Monday night. Probably could do it Wednesday but Thursday, Friday or Saturday would be better.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In addition to the insane weather in Colorado, crazy for me are the quotes from the article: that CONCACAF seems to have no weather protocols.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chartered plane.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jus move the game to weds...concacrap at its best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I think we may be being a bit harsh to criticize CONCACAF as you can never predict the weather a month in advance when these matches are scheduled. If it was - 13 today in Denver and +12 on Tuesday, no one would be complaining.

They are scheduled during mid-week so that they are consistent with the other matches. This way, no one can complain of favouritism as the winner would have a few extra days of prep for the next round if leg 2 was next weekend. The good thing is that this match can easily be rescheduled for Wednesday or even Thursday if necessary.

As for the suggestion of CONCACAF scheduling these matches to a neutral location, I disagree. I think we all want a home game here, and seasonal temperatures here (and Denver) are around 0C; it's very reasonable for CONCACAF to prefer that these matches not be played elsewhere. It's predicted it'll be +3C here on the 27th. Should that match be played in Florida?
    Last edited by Mike_S; 02-18-2018 at 12:36 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    The way you guys speak, you'd think a football has never be played in those conditions. Just look at football across northern or Eastern Europe or for examples closer to home, look at the Bills.
    You could, I dunno, spend 30 seconds googling it before posting... you'd see that this will be one of the ten coldest games played anywhere ever, in recorded soccer history. (I am not counting games in Finland or the Soviet Union or wherever played in 4,000 seat stadiums.)
    Last edited by ensco; 02-18-2018 at 12:58 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It appears as though we may not be bringing the whole team. Seems like VDW will be spared breaking his legs on concrete grass.

Last edited by oldtraffordPEI; 02-18-2018 at 01:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Had they played the game today, which was the obvious thing to do from the first second this tie was set, they’d be benefitting from milder daytime temps, and guess what? A fluke warm day. They’d be playing in 13 or 15 degree C weather

Instead it’ll be minus 13 at kickoff Tuesday.

https://weather.com/en-CA/weather/today/l/USCO0105:1:US

Somebody needs to be fired at Concacaf and/or MLS. This is beyond insane. There will be 500 people there, no one watching on TV, and guys will get hurt, guaranteed.

I don’t think Seba or Jozy should be risked in this game. It’s too dangerous.
    But it seems a number of matches in Central America in this competition already don't get 500 people for a game, so I suppose this is nothing new for CONCACAF

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_S View Post
    Well, I think we may be being a bit harsh to criticize CONCACAF as you can never predict the weather a month in advance when these matches are scheduled. If it was - 13 today in Denver and +12 on Tuesday, no one would be complaining.
    We are absolutely not at all too harsh with CONCACAF for not having ANY DETAILED WEATHER PROTOCOLS. That's how you get cries of favouritism. If both TFC & Colorado agreed to rescheduling (e.g. to midday on the following weekends) then nobody can complain. That puts them closer to the next round, so those opponents also have no grounds for complaint.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_S View Post

They are scheduled during mid-week so that they are consistent with the other matches. This way, no one can complain of favouritism as the winner would have a few extra days of prep for the next round if leg 2 was next weekend. The good thing is that this match can easily be rescheduled for Wednesday or even Thursday if necessary.

As for the suggestion of CONCACAF scheduling these matches to a neutral location, I disagree. I think we all want a home game here, and seasonal temperatures here (and Denver) are around 0C; it's very reasonable for CONCACAF to prefer that these matches not be played elsewhere. It's predicted it'll be +3C here on the 27th. Should that match be played in Florida?
    This is silly. Common sense matters, or at least should matter.

1) The TFC-Colorado winner gets no advantage at all from two extra days rest, when there are 7 days between games. In fact, anyone would prefer 7 days instead of 9 days (or 3 or 4 days) between games.
    2) it is obvious that both these games have a significant cold weather risk, and should be played in daytime.
    Last edited by ensco; 02-18-2018 at 01:53 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mavinga didnt make the trip ..minor injury.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Bookies don't seem to like our chances too much +140 we are slight favs giving us a 41.6% chance of winning the 1st leg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    mavinga didnt make the trip ..minor injury.
    thx kurt ,but i broke the mavinga story 4 hrs ago,lol

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man I'm glad some people here don't run the league. People's travel plans go out the window.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back line is looking weak. I wonder who will start as RB now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    My guess is Hasler. More experience with the team and MLS Cup weather. Auro is fresh and was not impressed with the negative something weather lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Lol... Weak?... Really?

Morrow - Hagglund - Moor - Hasler is just fine to me. It's actually still better than Colorado back 4 or maybe 5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So conditions probably not conducive to intricate play so probably going to end up pressing in a 3-5-2

So I think it’s probably gonna look like

Bono; Hagglund, Moor, Zavaleta; Bradley; Morrow, Vazquez, Delgado, Hasler; Giovinco, Altidore

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cannot fucking wait for this. The long wait is almost over.

From those humble beginnings, missing out on the first year of Champions league, I've been thinking about our first appearance in the tourney

If anyone finds the full stream of either leg lemme know

Looking back at a couple players:

Dan Gargan playing for the Islanders then signed for us the next season

and Marco Velez who came from the Islanders to TFC was a red for the first leg and then returned to Puerto Rico for the second. Memories.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 02-19-2018 at 10:00 AM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“It's a massive game. It’s a game we want to win, but it’s also right in the middle of the second phase of our preseason preparation. We want to prepare the best we can, but we also can’t compromise our preseason. We have to make sure we are ready for New England.”

Quote from Colorado coach. Doesn't sound like he is putting too much into the CCL. Said in an interview it is great to play TFC in a "preseason game" to get ready for the MLS season. Say what?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://torontosun.com/sports/soccer/...o-to-join-reds

do you play Auro in frozen Colorado?
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gmacpheetfc View Post
    Frei became such a good GK playing for crap TFC in the bad years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    You could, I dunno, spend 30 seconds googling it before posting... you'd see that this will be one of the ten coldest games played anywhere ever, in recorded soccer history. (I am not counting games in Finland or the Soviet Union or wherever played in 4,000 seat stadiums.)
    You accuse me of being lazy but decide not to count places where it is cold?
    Last edited by Greatest Ripoff; 02-19-2018 at 03:55 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    “It's a massive game. It’s a game we want to win, but it’s also right in the middle of the second phase of our preseason preparation. We want to prepare the best we can, but we also can’t compromise our preseason. We have to make sure we are ready for New England.”

Quote from Colorado coach. Doesn't sound like he is putting too much into the CCL. Said in an interview it is great to play TFC in a "preseason game" to get ready for the MLS season. Say what?
    He wants to win but is prioritizing league play over continental play. Teams need to make decisions like this all the time. Only if you have TFC level depth can you think of prioritizing both. I'm not sure even TFC can. By giving such an emphasis on CCL play, TFC might not get the SS this year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gametime on Tuesday looking to be -8 C.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nonc View Post
    Gametime on Tuesday looking to be -8 C.
    Weather is not ideal at all. Factoring in the windchill it will feel like -12.

http://kdvr.com/2018/02/19/ice-and-s...ross-colorado/
    Last edited by Red CB Toronto; 02-19-2018 at 05:44 PM.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post

Seems like a good idea to prioritize the MLS season considering the situation - a new coach who seems to be introducing both a new formation and a new style to a team with a number of new players, who have had only a limited time together. How much would prioritizing CCL move the needle?