What's the ACC

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    What's the ACC
    The Amway Canadian Championship. It's the corporate name of what we called the Voyageur Cup aka VCup.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I knew that, but (a) no longer Amway and (b) I was giving stick for calling the Voyageurs' Cup something corporate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if this was already mentioned in another thread over the last week, but the TFC II home opener is Saturday March 31 at BMO Field, against Ottawa. This is a stand-alone -- not immediately following a TFC match on the same day (TFC vs Salt Lake is at BMO the night before, Fri. Mar. 30).
    http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2018/01/19/toronto-fc-ii-2018-usl-schedule-announced

TFC II home games on Apr. 7, 28, May 9, July 1, 28, and August 12, appear to coincide with TFC matches at BMO, although all of the TFC II games (except the home opener) presently list venue as TBD, and no start times are listed yet for any games.

Edit: They should now be able to get very large crowds of kids at any TFC II school day games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    ... renovations going to happen at Lamport after the Winter rentals finish up shortly.
    The Wolfpack are kicked out of Lamport until May or so (Their season is essentially split right in half, their first 10 games or so are over in the UK, then the next 10 or so are here)
    Is this "renovation" only replacing the artificial turf, or possibly more, such as extending the field back into the parking lot to make it CFL-capable? I'm guessing probably not, but I wonder how bothered the owners, rest of the CFL, and TSN are by the 85% empty appearance (in spite of the ridiculously fictional attendance numbers they announce) of BMO Field for the vast majority of their games there, along with the combination grass field/artificial turf end zone, and never being able to practice there?
    Last edited by Heepster; 01-20-2018 at 06:32 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heepster View Post
    Not sure if this was already mentioned in another thread over the last week, but the TFC II home opener is Saturday March 31 at BMO Field, against Ottawa. This is a stand-alone -- not immediately following a TFC match on the same day (TFC vs Salt Lake is at BMO the night before, Fri. Mar. 30).
    http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2018/01/19/toronto-fc-ii-2018-usl-schedule-announced

TFC II home games on Apr. 7, 28, May 9, July 1, 28, and August 12, appear to coincide with TFC matches at BMO, although all of the TFC II games (except the home opener) presently list venue as TBD, and no start times are listed yet for any games.
    Is this "renovation" only replacing the artificial turf, or possibly more, such as extending the field back into the parking lot to make it CFL-capable? I'm guessing probably not, but I wonder how bothered the owners, rest of the CFL, and TSN are by the 85% empty appearance (in spite of the ridiculously fictional attendance numbers they announce) of BMO Field for the vast majority of their games there, along with the combination grass field/artificial turf end zone, and never being able to practice there?
    No, it's just the new field going in at Lamport. The Wolfpack's schedule is split because of it. I would expect the first couple TFC2 games to be at BMO.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!