Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    ^Og, that is better than OK. I don't care what else he did in the game, that is one of the great through balls of all time!
    agreed, that is VV level vision

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    agreed, that is VV level vision
    I'm a huge Marky Delgado fan - He has been so impressive these last 2 years. He was mentored by Benoit - so you know he understands the need to be calm and think through decisions even in tight quarters. He's mentoring under MB - so he knows the importance of being a two way player and helping with defensive duties. He's mentoring under VV so you know he understands the art of making smart passing decisions.

Still has a ways to go, but fuck, if this kid continues to develop the way he has - he's going to be a regular USMNT player - potential to be one of their best Midfielders for years to come. And he is underrated as fuck - lots of knobs shaking their heads on twitter about his inclusion in yesterdays match - not shaking their heads now I bet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marky is the guy that I most want to see locked up long term by the Reds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Og, that is better than OK. I don't care what else he did in the game, that is one of the great through balls of all time!
    It was pretty good but Adams had to pull a Usain Bolt to catch up with the ball lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    Marky is the guy that I most want to see locked up long term by the Reds.
    I think we'll see Marky and Oso gone to Europe sooner than later.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    I'm a huge Marky Delgado fan - He has been so impressive these last 2 years. He was mentored by Benoit - so you know he understands the need to be calm and think through decisions even in tight quarters. He's mentoring under MB - so he knows the importance of being a two way player and helping with defensive duties. He's mentoring under VV so you know he understands the art of making smart passing decisions.

This is what people who only noticed TFC in recent years don't get about our current situation. For years, we had no leaders who taught. Everybody was worried about reacting to things.

This changed with Bradley cajoling people to work hard. Then we got Seba yelling at teammates to pass the ball into spaces that US/Canadian based players don't know existed. Then we got Cheyrou pointing out where spaces are when defending. Then we got Moor pointing out how to cover for potential moves by attackers before they make them. Now we got Vasquez pointing out arcs of balls and when a pass should happen.

The difference between our veterans & other teams in this league is why younger players are coming along.

Now..I wish we saw more of Chapman & some others but at least they are in training with all this going on.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Now..I wish we saw more of Chapman & some others but at least they are in training with all this going on.
    Ya Chapman - it'll be interesting to see what happens with him. He could end up being lost in the depth. Hopefully we see more of him in the CCL this year - we still have to play that thing, right?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we want to be in CCL next year, we have to win the Voyageurs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we want to be in CCL next year, we have to win the Voyageurs.
    I’ve seen this elsewhere. Is it true that we wouldn’t qualify with an MLS Cup or SS win again? Outrageous if so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still has a ways to go, but fuck, if this kid continues to develop the way he has - he's going to be a regular USMNT player - potential to be one of their best Midfielders for years to come. And he is underrated as fuck - lots of knobs shaking their heads on twitter about his inclusion in yesterdays match - not shaking their heads now I bet.
    best thing that happened to each other, is having Osorio as competition for starting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StokeciTFC View Post
    I’ve seen this elsewhere. Is it true that we wouldn’t qualify with an MLS Cup or SS win again? Outrageous if so.
    only way in is domestic cup

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StokeciTFC View Post
    Yeah that's correct, we enter the CCL as a Canadian, not MLS team I'm pretty sure. Pretty sure Seattle still would've been there if we'd won 2016 and 2017 MLS Cups, because we can't qualify from that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by charlieocc View Post
    Yeah that's correct, we enter the CCL as a Canadian, not MLS team I'm pretty sure. Pretty sure Seattle still would've been there if we'd won 2016 and 2017 MLS Cups, because we can't qualify from that
    Thanks for clarifying. Can you imagine though, if TFC win the damn thing and replicate the Cup and SS wins from last year, only to biff it in the Voyageurs and not qualify...

It’s a possibility, and not such a far-fetched one either, that would give the CCL a serious credibility problem were it to transpire.

In fact, I might even go so far as to say that this could have real impact on our season. There will be any number of people in lofty positions in North and Central American football who would be eager to see this scenario - or even one part of it - fail to materialize. The potential embarrassment to the federation is there if we win one of the CCL, the MLS Cup or the SS and multiplies exponentially if we were to win two, or even all three.

I’m not usually one for conspiracy theories or paranoid, but i’d Be keeping a very close eye on refereeing decisions, disciplinary matters and anything that could affect our season. There is a lot at stake here.

That would be the ultimate Concacaffing.
    Last edited by StokeciTFC; 03-28-2018 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Added opinion.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see us being able to get into CCL without the Voyageurs.

The hope for a second Canadian slot for CCL would be if they created another non-Caribbean qualifying round - 8 teams fighting it out for 2 slots. It would take a bit of a pardigm shift for CONCACAF - the only way to really do this is take the automatic qualifying slot from a Mexican & a US team. That, and even if this happened, the CSA is likely to give this slot to the winner of the CPL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lets be frank for a moment.

We are lucky to be granted entrance to the CCL based on winning the V-Cup alone. There are going to be issues as the CCL gains more value in the future and we could very well be asked to compete in the US domestic cup.

Only having to beat two Canadian teams is absurd compared to how Mexican and US teams qualify, be glad we even have a slot and such easy access.

Frankly we should get used to the idea that the V-Cup is going to be meaningless, at some point we wont get easy access to the CCL.
    Last edited by Richard; 03-28-2018 at 05:05 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Lets be frank for a moment.

We are lucky to be granted entrance to the CCL based on winning the V-Cup alone. There are going to be issues as the CCL gains more value in the future, we could very well be asked to compete in the US domestic cup, only having to beat two Canadian teams is absurd compared to how Mexican and US teams qualify.

Be glad we even have a slot and such easy access.
    Lucky yes. But if we were treated as an American team in an International tourney I'd be checking out
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought it was agreed that when the CPL starts Canada would have two CCL spots one to the winner of the CPL and the other for the VC winner?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are never going to be part of the US Open Cup. BTW, the winner of the Voyageurs currently only plays one less game then the US Open Cup winner - their cup competition is no more intense then ours. If anything the home & away version of our cup creates deeper rivalries.

When we lost the Voyageurs for those 3 years in a row, I for one was ticked off. Not only because of the CCL but because that cup means something that I don't think management at that time took serious enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya Chapman - it'll be interesting to see what happens with him. He could end up being lost in the depth. Hopefully we see more of him in the CCL this year - we still have to play that thing, right?
    Pretty sure he meant Canadian Championship instead of Concacaf Champions League everyone. No way Chapman gets into CCL lineups over the rest of our midfielders, Canadian Championship, definitely

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Zlatan will apparently be in training with LAG tomorrow & available for Saturday's El Traffico (that's what they are calling the LAFC/LAG derby).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

El Trafico - that's hilarious
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Pretty sure he meant Canadian Championship instead of Concacaf Champions League everyone. No way Chapman gets into CCL lineups over the rest of our midfielders, Canadian Championship, definitely
    ya you are correct - I did mean Canadian Championship. I just mix the two competitions up together - which I probably should stop doing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    I thought it was agreed that when the CPL starts Canada would have two CCL spots one to the winner of the CPL and the other for the VC winner?
    Canada won't be getting another CCL slot. What we probably *will* be getting is a Concacaf league slot, where the winner gets the final slot in the CCL. In my mind, this would be perfect for the CPL winner, because it would provide CPL teams with valuable international experience in the region (translatable to the national team) and that level of competition is, frankly, well below current MLS standards. Canada could probably take one of the Honduras, Costa Rica, or Caribbean slots without too much backlash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Canada won't be getting another CCL slot. What we probably *will* be getting is a Concacaf league slot, where the winner gets the final slot in the CCL. In my mind, this would be perfect for the CPL winner, because it would provide CPL teams with valuable international experience in the region (translatable to the national team) and that level of competition is, frankly, well below current MLS standards. Canada could probably take one of the Honduras, Costa Rica, or Caribbean slots without too much backlash.
    I like that idea. Hope that happens.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    ..Canada could probably take one of the Honduras, Costa Rica, or Caribbean slots without too much backlash.
    They only get one slot.

Not happening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They only get one slot.

Not happening.
    Of course they'll get only one Concacaf League slot. Sorry if my wording made it appear I thought otherwise. Honduras, El Salvador, Panama, and Costa Rica all have 1 CCL berth and 2 League berths. The Caribbean region has one CCL berth and 3 League berths. If CPL gets off the ground, they will deserve a berth and it will have to come from somewhere within those listed countries. If CPL then goes on to win the League a couple of years in a row, only then can I see them getting another slot in either the League or CCL directly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best game of all time? Doyle says... (make sure you watch it through to the end) ....

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/...?autoplay=true
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eventually what I would like to see is slots given to MLS teams regardless of country.. Keep Canadian and U.S. cup as is. Mixing both Canadian and U.S. MLS teams will guarantee the better teams are in the CCL. Of course this will have to allow the CSA and USSF working together ( which I highly unlikely) the US has more to lose this way, but I believe it is the most fair and best for representing MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best game of all time? Doyle says... (make sure you watch it through to the end) ....

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/...?autoplay=true
    This debut game is blowing up everywhere, Zlatan has conquered America in one game already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why in the world we want to potentially give away our slot to US soccer? I don't understand why people here debating about this. CCL is international competition! Each country gets a chance to have their best club to play in CCL. Last time I remember, TFC is Canadian club not US club that plays in MLS. Also, CPL is starting next year, so why would CSA want to share their only CCL slot with MLS/US soccer? I am sure CPL wouldn't approved of that since they want their clubs in CCL as well. If anything, CSA will try to push CONCACAF to get another slot for CCL since they got more pro clubs in Canada by next year.