Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DAZN is as flawless as my cheapo internet speed will allow. Enjoying the SKY commentators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys with regards to DAZN it lets you go back and watch any game?

I'm gonna be on a flight tomorrow during the match, so I'm gonna miss it, but this would mean I could watch it after the fact? Right?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DAZN does not carry CONCACAF games, or any TFC games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    DAZN does not carry CONCACAF games, or any TFC games.
    So for those without cable if you want to watch TFC games your only option is basically illegal streams right? I'd grab DAZN in a second if they carried TFC, real shame that's not an option.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have DAZN. I like it. Kind of a combined BEIN Sports and MLS Live, at half the combined cost.

It doesn’t work when you leave Canada, unlike Netflix, which is annoying if you travel.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post
    So for those without cable if you want to watch TFC games your only option is basically illegal streams right? I'd grab DAZN in a second if they carried TFC, real shame that's not an option.
    Unfortunately, yes.

For reasons I've yet to see spoken by them directly, TSN/Bell has decided not to go down the route of a Sportsnet Now & uncouple their sports streaming service from a cable/satellite subscription. As DAZN has a 3 year contract for MLS rights in Canada, it seems TSN isn't in any hurry either.

I suspect they are watching ESPN + with some interest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately, yes.

For reasons I've yet to see spoken by them directly, TSN/Bell has decided not to go down the route of a Sportsnet Now & uncouple their sports streaming service from a cable/satellite subscription. As DAZN has a 3 year contract for MLS rights in Canada, it seems TSN isn't in any hurry either.

I suspect they are watching ESPN + with some interest.
    TSN doesn't even have casting capabilities from their app. Major piss off. Sportsnet, which does, is much better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good to hear DAZN is working well for MLS!.....hopefully the issues they had previously has been solved for good.....I would consider it when NFL season comes around.....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rumours starting to surface that Cincinnati will be the next MLS team - possible announcement next week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rumours starting to surface that Cincinnati will be the next MLS team - possible announcement next week.
    Tannenwald said his source who said it was imminent is now saying to hold off waiting for an announcement. Pretty much everyone else is saying the same now.

I wonder what happened...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They BETTER be, although I want Sacramento in too, That Cincy team, amazing what they have done, cheap tickets prices I know, but out of nada to have sellouts, passionate, give the fans what they want , a 1st team pro soccer team...so quietly, and fast.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Team leaving Ohio team added in Ohio?
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Precourt has serious issues in Austin getting something done. Looks like they announced the move in the fall because he was tired of having to pay lip service to something he was not interested in keeping going - meanwhile, his team on the ground in Austin didn't have their ducks in a row in the place they were going to. Not all that astute. If I was Austin, I'd want no part of this way in.

If I was to prognosticate, I'd say its 50/50 for that team to go to Austin - it might leave Columbus for somewhere else in 5 years when his 10 year lease is up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Tannenwald said his source who said it was imminent is now saying to hold off waiting for an announcement. Pretty much everyone else is saying the same now.

I wonder what happened...
    The AG for the State of Ohio invoking the Modell Law is what happened. Go look in the Big Soccer forums to get a good idea of what's going on in Columbus and how it's affecting the expansion process. MLS wants one team in Ohio since anymore would be an over-concentration of the League's geographic footprint. It's Columbus or Cincinnati, but not both. And Detroit will be getting in as well. Too big a market not to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    The AG for the State of Ohio invoking the Modell Law is what happened. Go look in the Big Soccer forums to get a good idea of what's going on in Columbus and how it's affecting the expansion process. MLS wants one team in Ohio since anymore would be an over-concentration of the League's geographic footprint. It's Columbus or Cincinnati, but not both. And Detroit will be getting in as well. Too big a market not to.
    I suspected it had to do with the league's changing position on Columbus. The league head office looks like its massively bundled their future in the Western Ohio/Indiana/northern Kentucky/Northern Tennessee media market.

Detroit is highly unlikely though, from what I've heard. Partially because of market saturation, but there's also a lot of other things at play. also No evidence from MLS' perspective that Detroit would do any better than what exists already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    I suspected it had to do with the league's changing position on Columbus. The league head office looks like its massively bundled their future in the Western Ohio/Indiana/northern Kentucky/Northern Tennessee media market.

Detroit is highly unlikely though, from what I've heard. Partially because of market saturation, but there's also a lot of other things at play. also No evidence from MLS' perspective that Detroit would do any better than what exists already.
    Too bad Detroit has such remote chances to have an MLS team.
    They could become our biggest rivals after Montreal, just because of geographic considerations (very close!).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suspect that Dan Gilbert (Cavs) and Tom Gores (Pistons), took an good, hard look at their chances of getting public funds to finance some or all the new stadium construction and realized that there would be no funding coming from Lansing or Detroit. So they amended the MLS bid to bring in the Ford family and scrap the new stadium in favor of playing as a secondary tenant in Ford Field (a indoor facility). It is perhaps not a coincidence that the change in plans came around the same time that Gilbert at long last got the land swap he wanted from the county. There may or may not be a good business case for a team in Detroit but the current bid is unlikely to be approved as it is structured right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azorean View Post
    They BETTER be, although I want Sacramento in too, That Cincy team, amazing what they have done, cheap tickets prices I know, but out of nada to have sellouts, passionate, give the fans what they want , a 1st team pro soccer team...so quietly, and fast.
    They also had a beer brewed for them, a blood orange IPA. Cincy road trips will be fun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ricketts goal for Canada vs. New Zealand

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Nice finish. Good start to the Herdman era.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

International weekends - brutal. I am beginning to dislike them very much. The World Cup is virtually dead to me now. It might be time to break up FIFA and move on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I realise I am in the minority but I love international football.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Until I watched the highlight, I thought "Why the heck is Rohan Ricketts playing for Canada -- and what is this, futsal or something?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's an interesting article from the BBC on Roman Torres. Yes, he broke our hearts in 2016, but you'd have to say he's an admirable character:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43292551

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Until I watched the highlight, I thought "Why the heck is Rohan Ricketts playing for Canada -- and what is this, futsal or something?"
    I thought the same thing. It's the shoes!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delgado's in the starting XI for the U.S. friendly vs. Paraguay in about a half hour.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delgado's in the starting XI for the U.S. friendly vs. Paraguay in about a half hour.
    Yep, great to see him making his first start for the USMNT.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/978758925955805185

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anyone wants to see Marky in action, here is a top quality stream of the Fox FS1 broadcast.

http://streamx7.xyz/fs1.html

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delgado having an OK game considering he has Nagbe to his right - inverted winger who don't do defence - & Yedlin as the RB.

Nice pass to spring the PK gaining attack.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Og, that is better than OK. I don't care what else he did in the game, that is one of the great through balls of all time!
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”