Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also on that MLS Extra Time radio thing on the MLS app, they said that we don't have striker depth (obviously not true: Gio, Jozy, Ricketts, Akinola, Hamilton, Spencer) and that our lack of depth will mean that we can't compete for CCL and MLS trophies. I think Vanney has proven that he can handle the rotation of a squad and I'm sure he'll be trying for the quadruple, even if it's extremely unlikely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They put TFC second because they know it would generate hits and views. I don't put much stock in it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are the actual posted odds.

http://sports.williamhill.com/bettin...OB_EV12473237?

Some joker at mlssoccer.com can think what he wants. The reality is we are heavy favourites, and behind us is Atlanta, not NYCFC.

Orlando are good value at 33/1, btw.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BenRhodes23 View Post
    MLS think we're going to finish second in the East behind NYCFC... On paper I can't see anyone beating us, especially NYCFC after losing Jack Harrison. Atlanta is the East team I'm most worried about

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/0...season-preview
    It seems to be just a single writer's opinion. There's no indication he's speaking for MLS or even any of the other writers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BenRhodes23 View Post
    Also on that MLS Extra Time radio thing on the MLS app, they said that we don't have striker depth (obviously not true: Gio, Jozy, Ricketts, Akinola, Hamilton, Spencer) and that our lack of depth will mean that we can't compete for CCL and MLS trophies. I think Vanney has proven that he can handle the rotation of a squad and I'm sure he'll be trying for the quadruple, even if it's extremely unlikely.
    Well, Vazquez can now be option too, right? Depending on how well Aketxe adjusts to the team? And unless I read his abilities incorrectly, Aketxe can also push up and play as a secondary striker behind an Altidore or a Ricketts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    These are the actual posted odds.

Some joker at mlssoccer.com can think what he wants. The reality is we are heavy favourites, and behind us is Atlanta, not NYCFC.
    I see it this way as well, although perhaps there is pause with Atlanta due to possible defending issues. For example, who will replace Carmona? Definitely not Nagbe; he's not that type of player, IMHO.

Edit: Oh, and are there are a lot of Seattle fans that have William Hill as their betting website of choice? how are they second favourites?
    Last edited by Mike_S; 02-26-2018 at 08:11 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am wondering if Vanney is going to try a Xmas tree, and bring Aketxe in for Jozy sometimes.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t buy that NYCFC will make this much progress in one offseason (to get to top spot). They feel very far behind in terms of organization and team chemistry compared to Altlanta for one, but also say someone like Columbus.

I believe the quality of player will eventually shine through... but as a group it doesn’t feel like it has an identity... yet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I don’t buy that NYCFC will make this much progress in one offseason (to get to top spot). They feel very far behind in terms of organization and team chemistry compared to Altlanta for one, but also say someone like Columbus.

I believe the quality of player will eventually shine through... but as a group it doesn’t feel like it has an identity... yet
    Plus we've dominated them the last two years, and we've only got better too. How're they going to get past us?

It's rubbish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They thought we wouldn't be able to win the shield last season and said Chicago was the team to beat, and look what happened. Then they said Columbus was the team of destiny and looked what happened. Then the said Seattle was on fire and will win the cup, and look what happened. Moral of the story is, they can say whatever they want I could care less. This team is a powerhouse and we will show everyone that doubts us that we are the best in the league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsMan View Post
    It seems to be just a single writer's opinion. There's no indication he's speaking for MLS or even any of the other writers.
    Not for the whole of MLS, but it was posted on their website... Sorry for the miscommunication

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those of us that care about MLS Live, just me speculating but it appears that it will be free for us here as well up here in Canada, as it is in the US, at least until that ESPN+ app is ready for the American viewers. I logged into my MLS Live account and it appears to be ready to go for the weekend; it did not ask for any renewal fee.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before you play this - turn the sound down to about 1.

Beckham visits Miami area all girl high school to congratulate state champions. (he had previously sent a "good luck" message on instagram before their final match)

This is a rich kids school. Yes, its a bit creepy that a 42 year old can cause this sort of excitement but never doubt his name means something.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This NASL suit on pro/rel is more interesting than I had realized

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...-a8237506.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Before you play this - turn the sound down to about 1.

Beckham visits Miami area all girl high school to congratulate state champions. (he had previously sent a "good luck" message on instagram before their final match)

This is a rich kids school. Yes, its a bit creepy that a 42 year old can cause this sort of excitement but never doubt his name means something.
    ]
    that's insane man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This NASL suit on pro/rel is more interesting than I had realized

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...-a8237506.html
    By Zeus, that article is biased. And some of Silva's quotes are completely asinine:

“Broadcasters always say they don’t believe MLS is real soccer because it’s a closed league,” he explains to The Independent from his central London office this week “There isn’t really a competition. It’s not perceived as real football, real soccer, it’s something a bit artificial. Where there is no sporting merit, no competitiveness. This is what everybody thinks.”

That's what 'everybody' thinks? Really? So that's why Sky shelled out for MLS rights? It isn't really 'real' soccer? Man, what a giant windbag.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^He is exaggerating that stuff. Sure.

The part that's interesting is that FIFA is vulnerable to a superleague or other breakaway problems elsewhere, if they don’t make the USSF confirm to their structure rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^He is exaggerating that stuff. Sure.

The part that's interesting is that FIFA is vulnerable to a superleague or other breakaway problems elsewhere, if they don’t make the USSF confirm to their structure rules.
    Image that.. grossly over-stating things in a matter of politics in the US.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting round up of supporter group issues this year....

Acrimony F.C.: M.L.S. Teams and Fan Groups Navigate a Rocky Marriage
    https://nyti.ms/2tcqAOk

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the State of Ohio & the city of Columbus are taking Precourt to court using a law created after Art Model took off from Cleveland. That law forces teams to listen to other offers from locals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney's Jedi mind trick reference from last night's presser sounds like it could be the foundation of a fantastic tifo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok this is a bit old now, but a couple days ago I had TSN 1050 on the radio on the way to work and they brought Dunfield on for a preview of the match with Tigres. And they kept playing a soundbite of Dunfield on the TSN radio call of the 2nd leg match vs. the Red Bulls last playoffs, and I was absolutely losing it in my car it was so funny. I knew I had to find the full broadcast and luckily I was able to.

I never listen to TFC games on the radio so I had never heard this at the time, I don't know if any of you guys have but it's gold. Dunfield progressively becomes more a TFC fan and less a broadcaster as the match goes on, and by the end he's pretty much completely forgotten he's on the radio. God damn hilarious.

https://streamable.com/5wi8q

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So it looks like the Fire did a deal to put their games on ESPN + exclusively.

7 figures a year in revenue for Chicago? That's real TV revenue compared to what most teams get.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of chips are getting moved onto the ESPN+ square. I look forward to seeing the actual product.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Ok this is a bit old now, but a couple days ago I had TSN 1050 on the radio on the way to work and they brought Dunfield on for a preview of the match with Tigres. And they kept playing a soundbite of Dunfield on the TSN radio call of the 2nd leg match vs. the Red Bulls last playoffs, and I was absolutely losing it in my car it was so funny. I knew I had to find the full broadcast and luckily I was able to.

I never listen to TFC games on the radio so I had never heard this at the time, I don't know if any of you guys have but it's gold. Dunfield progressively becomes more a TFC fan and less a broadcaster as the match goes on, and by the end he's pretty much completely forgotten he's on the radio. God damn hilarious.

Amazing. Terry shit talking like the rest of us in the stands.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post

Four minutes of pure gold excerpts. Love it!

He certainly sounds like a supporter instead of a neutral announcer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've said it before, but I really want Terry doing the colour commentary on the TSN tv broadcasts. Would bring a lot more life to them than Caldwell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone else signed up for DAZN sports yet? I did yesterday and so far it’s been really good. I used the app on my iPad and then mirrored it on to my tv through my Apple TV. I would have liked to access the App directly on Apple TV however it’s only available on the 4th generation and mine is the 3rd. Regardless the picture quality was excellent. I don’t have super fast internet speed(15mgb download) but I still didn’t have any lag or issues. I watched the Atlanta game followed by the NYFC game, both great games. I signed up for the 1 month free trial but I’m seriously thinking about the 1 year membership for $150. $12/month is pretty reasonable. It appears you can get Champions League games since all this weeks games are listed on the schedule(European CL). The only downside, and it really sucks for me since I don’t have cable, is that all TFC games appear to be blacked out. It lists the Impact vs TFC game being shown as a 20 minute highlight the Monday after the game. Of course there are also many other European leagues shown too as well as lots of other sports. Worthwhile checking out on the free month trial.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anto7 View Post
    Has anyone else signed up for DAZN sports yet?
    I'm on the trial month too. Sucks the MLS app is gone, it seems DAZN only keeps the game for a couple of weeks? Liked being able to go back and watch any game, any time (ok, after the blackouts). Also there is no half-time commentaries for any game. This is on top of cable for me. Nice they have some other league's games as a bonus. Hope that in the long run this is a good decision for everyone, but I was happier before.

I did got serious lag from my phone, but the Xbox app worked very smoothly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have DAZN and really like it. I use it with Chromecast, and even casting from my phone, the picture and connection is flawless.

I mostly use it to watch La Liga and Serie A and now Champions League games on Bein. I have also watched a few MLS Games with it.

I can't wait to see what other sports they pickup in the future.
    Last edited by wopchop; 03-12-2018 at 09:22 PM.