Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    To me, everything you need to know about Robinson the manager can be found in one thing he did as a player.

Not once...not ONCE did he take time over a freekick. He HAD to play it quickly, every single damn time. No regard for where the ball was, no regard for the game state, no regard for where players were.
    Yes, I remember Carl “hospital ball” Robinson quite well. Apparently the quality of the decision relates entirely to the speed at which you make it.

Notwithstanding all this, he’s really only half the whitecaps problem. If Lenarduzzi isn’t fired as well (sounds like he’s safe) they’ll continue to circle in the drain. He’s like their own Mo Johnston.

I’m always shocked at how slow some of these ownership groups are to identify their own problems.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So it looks like Tata Martino to El Tri.

Interesting. Probably means the fall of the league's darlings though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't be surprised if Robinson ended up in San Jose. He seems like the kind of dinosaur manager they usually choose down there. He is probably better than their recent choices though but still.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OT but Tabla just committed to playing for Canada. Have things looked this good, ever?

Now we just need a god damn defender or two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    OT but Tabla just committed to playing for Canada. Have things looked this good, ever?

Now we just need a god damn defender or two.

Really? That's great!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great time to be a Canadian footy fan, CPL and guys choosing to play for the CMNT

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy Trails, Chad Fucking Barrett.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    So it looks like Tata Martino to El Tri.

Interesting. Probably means the fall of the league's darlings though.
    They blew their allocation money as a new team to "win now." Let's see how well they do when they start having to shed players. He made a smart career move there, leave with an excellent record to a more prestigious posting.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lenarduzzi interview on firing Robbo. One playoff win in 8 seasons.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/whit...mpression=true

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Checked out the TFC II match last night at Lamport. Good to see some of the unknown to me younger kids and what they can do, also seeing guys like Bakero and Fraser play. Would be great if more people attended the matches, its free for SSH's for one and the atmosphere could be pretty cool with few more people in there. One more match left at Lamport this year, next Friday 8pm. Better time than last nights 6pm kick-off, get out and support.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JT Red127 View Post
    Checked out the TFC II match last night at Lamport. Good to see some of the unknown to me younger kids and what they can do, also seeing guys like Bakero and Fraser play. Would be great if more people attended the matches, its free for SSH's for one and the atmosphere could be pretty cool with few more people in there. One more match left at Lamport this year, next Friday 8pm. Better time than last nights 6pm kick-off, get out and support.
    As a TFC season ticket holder, do you know how we can get our hands on free tickets for the TFC II game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    As a TFC season ticket holder, do you know how we can get our hands on free tickets for the TFC II game?
    They email you a code, you just put that into Ticketmaster and get your tickets. Not the best system. Hopefully next year they just make them available in everyone's account manager. Maybe ask your rep for a code if you havent received one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post

I didn’t have a chance to listen but supposedly they really threw Bob in the fire (deservedly so).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post

jesus really went after the guy - refreshing to see

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I found it interesting how he deflected from the question that basically asked why he was still employed by the team. Apparently, many of these questions came from the fans through twitter that the host read on air for Bob to answer. He didn't exactly give comforting answers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    ^ I found it interesting how he deflected from the question that basically asked why he was still employed by the team. Apparently, many of these questions came from the fans through twitter that the host read on air for Bob to answer. He didn't exactly give comforting answers.
    Was clearly not ready to defend his actions. Shocking given his role in the club and what he'd just (jointly) pulled off in his position.

Also his defense for not spending was shitty at best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JT Red127 View Post
    I also saw my first TFC II game. I agree more people should take advantage of this freebie. A few players stood out for me to potentially move up, no one more than Ayo Akinola he is a beast and reminds me of a young Jozy. Bakero is lazy, shows some skill but much of the time is floating. Endoh is the most skilled in tight situations but his size is a detriment. Fraser gives delightful long balls ala Bradley. Young Mohammed looked fiesty. I thought we outplayed Ottawa but had a very cheap penalty given. 3 cheers to Rocket Robin who has to be Toronto's greatest soccer supporter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Was clearly not ready to defend his actions. Shocking given his role in the club and what he'd just (jointly) pulled off in his position.

Also his defense for not spending was shitty at best.
    I think somebody’s synopsis of Lenarduzzi’s explanation on Twitter was rather on point. Basically: we fired Robbo because one playoff win in x seasons, what we want to see is a scrappy team that fights to make the playoffs, we will use Davies money for a coach and some similar priced players to what we have in the past. I had visions of Mo Johnston talking about just needing one defender, one midfielder, and one striker to start the season, lol.

I don’t think 8 million in payroll is terrible. But how is the new approach with the new coach different than the last ones? Bob is a snake oil salesman (albeit a poor one) living on his past reputation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose this should be filed under banter.
    The Ford govt of Ontario is going to allow the smoking of weed anywhere it is legal to smoke tobacco.

Am I the only one that thinks this is insane in a soccer setting? If I tell my friends to meet me two hours before game time in our favourite parking lot, and I will bbq some sausages and have a cooler of brew so we can all have a pregame beer, we can expect a ticket from the constabulary!
    However if I gather the same friends in the same parking lot and we smoke the herbal joints, no problem?

What gives? What sense does this make? I know we should refrain from the political, all for one, but this is beyond dumb imho...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People are already doing both of those things without issue from anyone. Go to the smoking area at Gate 1 at halftime, no shortage of joints being smoked, and that's technically inside the stadium (no scanning tickets to get out there). No one cares.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extreme Seba Voice

BMO field is a

toke free

facility

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extreme Seba Voice

BMO field is a

toke free

facility
    Worst. Haiku. Ever.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With any luck they eventually loosen our puritanical drinking laws and make it more like Europe. I remember walking down the street having a beer in Germany. It was glorious.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tampa Bay Rowdies (USL) have been purchased by the Major League Baseball team the Tampa Bay Rays, the Rowdies have been seeking an MLS franchise.

http://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/new...ase-of-rowdies

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/...soccer-stadium
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 10-02-2018 at 11:03 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$17 million buy out clause, you say?

No problem - we got Home Depot $.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Still Kicking View Post
    I suppose this should be filed under banter.
    The Ford govt of Ontario is going to allow the smoking of weed anywhere it is legal to smoke tobacco.

Am I the only one that thinks this is insane in a soccer setting? If I tell my friends to meet me two hours before game time in our favourite parking lot, and I will bbq some sausages and have a cooler of brew so we can all have a pregame beer, we can expect a ticket from the constabulary!
    However if I gather the same friends in the same parking lot and we smoke the herbal joints, no problem?

What gives? What sense does this make? I know we should refrain from the political, all for one, but this is beyond dumb imho...
    yeah, its pretty unheard of, but the issue is how do you police it?
    Drinking in public is pretty obvious if you're drinking straight from the bottle, but a joint and cigarette look quite the same unless it is right in front of your face.
    You could get away with drinking too, so long as its in a coffee cup, thermos, basically anything other than its original bottle.
    They don't want to nab you for drinking either unless you really give a them a reason to (ie. being too open with it).

Besides, as someone said, not like its not already happening at BMO.....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SJE just got serous.

Ex Chivas manager (guy who beat us)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SJE just got serous.

Ex Chivas manager (guy who beat us)
    Almeyda got a good look at Seattle, NYRB and TFC this spring. He is not coming in cold.
    Last edited by ensco; 10-08-2018 at 04:51 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe it’s time we resigned Nick lol

Nick Soolsma is the 7th player to score a hat trick in the Connaught Series / Challenge Trophy final (the first since Mark Slade in 2007) & just the 3rd player to score 4⃣ goals in the final match (along with Jock Coulter in 1928 and John Schepers in 1962). #Saskatoon2018