Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nguyen asked to be traded before they brought in Friedal - he wanted out of there. Its a good trade for him. Nguyen gets to keep his slightly above the DP threshold salary and will play for a coach who respects offensive skills.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LA has a huge Vietnamese community. It makes sense for him to go there (or maybe Houston, for same reason)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Nguyen asked to be traded before they brought in Friedal - he wanted out of there. Its a good trade for him. Nguyen gets to keep his slightly above the DP threshold salary and will play for a coach who respects offensive skills.
    good for him, leave this shit owner

As an aside

Is Lee 300k better than Osorio?
    Last edited by C.Ronaldo; 05-02-2018 at 04:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    There are two sides to every coin. For every time i’ve seen a manager rightfully call out a guy for having an attitude problem i’ve seen another who was simply protecting his turf and creating a wall around his own shortcomings.
    “I have a lot of frustration with Raheem’s case,” Garde said. “His case is much different, I don’t know if he wants to say more about it. I think he has just gone through a very difficult period that was not really related to football, if I understand it well, and I hope we will find a Raheem completely invested in the group for the Impact.
    “The group needs him, everybody likes him a lot here, but I think that he is someone who has to change his behavior and understand that professional football is a job with demands and a manner of carrying yourself. But it’s clear that we miss Raheem’s qualities, which we saw during the first two weeks.”

this seems more like something is up in his personal life but Garde expects personal life to be second to pro football

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post

this seems more like something is up in his personal life but Garde expects personal life to be second to pro football
    This is the guy who just traded away his best defender for what are now non-performing assets, is third last in the east and dead last in MLS on goal differential. Also insisted playing Raheem on the right and didn’t really give him a shot in his natural position (could this be the point of contention?). Gotta tell the people something I guess...

It could be true, he may well be disfinctional. Certainly Vanney nailed both Raheem and Ricketts to the bench after some poor and immature play in the V’s cup last year. Players in this country have a lot to learn it appears when it comes to the sacrifice needed to excel as a pro. Osorio looks to have learned that in recent years and is much better for it. Feel like a lot of guys are content to roll the dice, say they showed up, and casually let their big chance go begging.

I’m just loathe to instantly take a Manager’s word no matter how casually honest it sounds.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw this on the MLS website https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/...oint-statement

Maybe I am just old and out of the loop and I also didn't see the game they are referring to. What is the chant they are saying? I know Mexicans tend to yell "Puto" when there is a goal kick. Was that what they are talking about here?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes

The main umbrella supporter group didn't do it, doesn't condone it & is adament its not going to continue. LAG stamped it out, as did Atlanta - LAFC should be able to do the same thing.

(don't read the comments in that article - I'm getting all up in alt-right Nazi faces - I'm old enough that my parents were bombed by fascists - got no truck with the latest crop)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So much fuss over a word, wow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    So much fuss over a word, wow.
    Thus the pc world we live in... everyone is effended by everything.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We've had this discussion before - there are significant reasons why this word is despised.

Here's a good discussion on it, pointing out that the chant is recent and a few other aspects.

http://www.unusualefforts.com/mexico-chant/
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 05-04-2018 at 01:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A word is only as powerful as you allow it to be. I come from an immigrant family. I’ve heard words used along this line. It doesn’t bother me. My personal opinion is the world is becoming way to offended by way to many things. That’s just my opinion. That’s all I’ll say about that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The offensive goal kick chant was done by a large number of Chivas fans at our game in Guadalajara.

I was surprised, I thought it was dying off. Guess not.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We've had this discussion before - there are significant reasons why this word is despised.

Here's a good discussion on it, pointing out that the chant is recent and a few other aspects.

http://www.unusualefforts.com/mexico-chant/
    I read the article but it also made me a little more confused.

As much as I don't like the puto chant itself because it seems silly.

Supposedly there are many meanings for the word puto like the article suggests. The puto can mean many things like male prostitute, whore, homo, coward.

As the article suggests the word became popular in guadalajara in 2003 when fans used it to call a player who left their club for a rival club - a "coward".

So how can it be specifically labeled as homophobic? Could explain why it's become a challenge to eliminate if the chanters don't view it as homophobic.
    Last edited by DinamoTFC; 05-05-2018 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Auto correction typos

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Remi Garde publicly calling out multiple players, including Raheem Edwards, as having attitude problems. (Raheem apparently dealing with some off field stuff.)

Let’s trade a bag of balls and get him back. Free Raheem!
    And....both Edwards & Jackson-Hamel start today.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And....both Edwards & Jackson-Hamel start today.
    What on earth on they doing up there? Edwards is at forward in a 4-3-3!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whitecaps shout "Fat Bastard" every time the opposing keeper takes a goal kick. Make them sound like a bunch of teenage schoolkids. I'd be embarrassed if my team did that...it's very very lame.

Puto...they are right to snuff that out fast. Offensive and at risk of tarnishing the league and sport.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Whitecaps shout "Fat Bastard" every time the opposing keeper takes a goal kick. Make them sound like a bunch of teenage schoolkids. I'd be embarrassed if my team did that...it's very very lame.

Puto...they are right to snuff that out fast. Offensive and at risk of tarnishing the league and sport.

Similarily, there is a group of fans in 115 that sing a "douchebag" chant that last for about a minute or so using the name of every opposing goalkeeper at every home game when they are positioned near the south end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Similarily, there is a group of fans in 115 that sing a "douchebag" chant that last for about a minute or so using the name of every opposing goalkeeper at every home game when they are positioned near the south end.
    There is a group in 110 that does that too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    I think it really depends on the context of the use of the noun “douchebag”, in the English language the term “douchebag” has 2 meanings. In North American language generally informal, it means “an obnoxious or contemptible person (typically used of a male)”

Context is important to understand in language, just look at the current attack ads on TV where as there is no context to the string on previous interviews have been strung together to make someone look stupid.

Similarly puto, we know what the vulgar meaning of the word is and 99% of the time it’s the intended use, but what if it was someone of Filipino decent using the word Puto, to them it’s a steamed rice cake...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post

Similarly puto, we know what the vulgar meaning of the word is and 99% of the time it’s the intended use, but what if it was someone of Filipino decent using the word Puto, to them it’s a steamed rice cake...
    Now that would be fun. When an opposing goalie kicks the ball out, we all scream "RICE CAKE"!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Now that would be fun. When an opposing goalie kicks the ball out, we all scream "RICE CAKE"!
    I agree, new south end chant!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beitashour scored yeah right.

Jackson-Hamel is pretty good he's gotten a bit of a raw deal not starting more. Mancosu is terrible.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is not going to help the "retirment league" thing

Last edited by OgtheDim; 05-08-2018 at 02:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy our 4-6 weeks after getting bone fragments taken out of his foot during surgery.

Mavinga, Hagglund, and Zavaleta all could make an appearance in the next couple games this week.

Bono being targeted by Club Brugge in Belgium

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is not going to help the "retirment league" thing

hes only 32, but mehh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer him as a fisherman in the other nike ad.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like Nicolas Hasler's instagram got hacked and completely destroyed.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really interesting look at the Fire's really bad contract with the Village of Bridgeview

https://socceresq.com/2018/05/09/sta...united-states/

In essence, the Fire are screwed for 20 more years.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS Salary Amounts For Individuals Out

https://mlsplayers.org/resources/salary-guide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS Salary Amounts For Individuals Out

https://mlsplayers.org/resources/salary-guide
    Zero chance we have any TAM left with all the (unnecessary) raises we gave players