Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 211
  1. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    3,984
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ^Have fun!

  2. #32
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,160
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Orlando say they have no transfer deal on Larin. They are suing to stop it.
    ďWhat the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.Ē

  3. #33
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    692
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Looks like the Tic tac will be get another TFC academy player.

    From Totera:

    Sources confirm to me seconds ago that Canadian Micheal Petrasso on the verge of coming to MLS with possible target destination👉Montreal

  4. #34
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    We The North
    Posts
    7,028
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    Looks like the Tic tac will be get another TFC academy player.

    From Totera:

    Sources confirm to me seconds ago that Canadian Micheal Petrasso on the verge of coming to MLS with possible target destination👉Montreal
    Petrasso is another good player who might have Raheem Edwards like season with Impact.

  5. #35
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kitchener
    Posts
    16,739
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Larin suing MLS over contract issue. Idiot

    "
    Hell is always loose here. It can't break loose again
    ."
    -Fort York Redcoat, on the state of TFC

  6. #36
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,073
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Larin suing MLS over contract issue. Idiot
    Not sure how he's an Idiot. Castillo and Camilo did the same thing without repercussion. I'm not sure how this is different. Orlando are just fighting this to save face about the fact they could have gotten anywhere up to a rumored 10 million euros for him a year ago, only to now inevitably giving him away for free.

  7. #37
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    10,150
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Larin suing MLS over contract issue. Idiot
    I donít see why it makes him anything of the sort. Anything he does is going to be at the behest of his agent.

    Further... remember Camilo Savenzo? That worked out pretty well on his part. The legality of some of MLSís contract terms are dubious.

  8. #38
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kitchener
    Posts
    16,739
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Not sure how he's an Idiot. Castillo and Camilo did the same thing without repercussion. I'm not sure how this is different. Orlando are just fighting this to save face about the fact they could have gotten anywhere up to a rumored 10 million euros for him a year ago, only to now inevitably giving him away for free.
    Caps ended up getting a 'couple of million' in transfer fee for Camilo. Castillo was under contract ('legit' one) when he tried to force a move to Turkey mid season. Dallas ended up getting like 4 mil in transfer fee anyways. In either case, I'd be very surprised if both of them end up playing again in MLS, though I hear Castillo might come back after his Turkey stint turned up bad.

    Larin signed a contract knowing the clauses. FIFA has ruled mostly in favour of the player in case of unilateral contract options, but not in all cases. And in MLS's eyes, US labour law trumps FIFA and should be interesting if FIFA is willing to go to war with USSF and MLS over Larin.

    "
    Hell is always loose here. It can't break loose again
    ."
    -Fort York Redcoat, on the state of TFC

  9. #39
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    13,142
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Not sure who lawyered up first but Orlando was moving on regardless. Neither side really wants this to go to court. This will get settled, a fee will get paid.

    My questions are:

    Will Larin get better over there?

    Will Larin play better for the NT because of this?

  10. #40
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,073
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Caps ended up getting a 'couple of million' in transfer fee for Camilo. Castillo was under contract ('legit' one) when he tried to force a move to Turkey mid season. Dallas ended up getting like 4 mil in transfer fee anyways. In either case, I'd be very surprised if both of them end up playing again in MLS, though I hear Castillo might come back after his Turkey stint turned up bad.

    Larin signed a contract knowing the clauses. FIFA has ruled mostly in favour of the player in case of unilateral contract options, but not in all cases. And in MLS's eyes, US labour law trumps FIFA and should be interesting if FIFA is willing to go to war with USSF and MLS over Larin.
    the fee for Camilo was undisclosed. The Whitecaps can sooth their fans worries by telling them they got millions out of it but if they did there would be no reason not to disclose the fee.

    Castillo may have been technically different but it was the same in practice. The Club didn't sell him when he wanted to, forcing Castillo's hand and pushing him to go to Europe on his own and take matters into his own hands. Dallas didn't want to turn over his player card, dragging the whole thing out until finally they got a very reduced price for him. The player and his intended club have all the leverage in these situations. They can refuse to play for you, and you can withhold their playing card in return until as long as you want but all it does is reduce their value and leaves your team worse for wear.

    This is 100% about saving face for Orlando and the league. These transfer rule changes can't come soon enough. Will make instances such as these a much less common occurrence in this league.

  11. #41
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    10,150
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ^ this is it. From a business perceptive, the tactic appears to work, regardless of what sort of fairy tales MLS wants to sell people on.

  12. #42
    Away Team
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sec 117 row 12 seats 27 & 28
    Posts
    1,510
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Fredy Montero has been transferred back to Sporting Clubs de Portugal

  13. #43
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    13,142
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Union just went from not good to not good in the near future.

    Fire though get rid of a problem and get a lot of dough to spend on somebody who can work with others.


  14. #44
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    13,142
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Columbus working on $ to spend in Austin.


  15. #45
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    116
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So Atlanta officially signs Barco. Im confused, on wiki it says they have 4 DPS... Barco, Villalba, Almiron, and Martinez. How does this work?

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlant...Current_roster

  16. #46
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Georgetown/Section 224
    Posts
    95
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I suspect they will buy one of them down with TAM (or GAM? I donít know what Iím talking about, obviously).

    Quote Originally Posted by nick.mastro View Post
    So Atlanta officially signs Barco. Im confused, on wiki it says they have 4 DPS... Barco, Villalba, Almiron, and Martinez. How does this work?

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlant...Current_roster

  17. #47
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    330
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nick.mastro View Post
    So Atlanta officially signs Barco. Im confused, on wiki it says they have 4 DPS... Barco, Villalba, Almiron, and Martinez. How does this work?

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlant...Current_roster
    They are buying Martinez down with TAM

  18. #48
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    348
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nick.mastro View Post
    So Atlanta officially signs Barco. Im confused, on wiki it says they have 4 DPS... Barco, Villalba, Almiron, and Martinez. How does this work?

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlant...Current_roster
    You have until the start of the season to become roster compliant, so the 4 DPs is fine, as long as they have 3 by season start time (as others have mentioned they will buy down one with TAM).
    We've had 4 DPs times at once twice.
    1) Laba, Defoe, Bradley, Gilberto (traded Laba to Vancouver to be roster compliant)
    2) Altidore, Bradley, Giovinco, Gilberto (sent Gilberto on loan to Brazil)

    Technically, there were two other times we had 4 DPs
    3) Altidore, Bradley, Giovinco, Giberto (when Gilberto returned from loan, we immediately waived him to be roster compliant and the Fire picked him up)
    4) Altidore, Bradley, Giovinco, Vasquez (signed Vasquez and immediately TAM'd him down to non DP),

  19. #49
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    West End
    Posts
    3,154
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So Adam Braz said the Impact are about to sell Tabla this morning.

    Now Steven Goff is reporting he's off to Barcelona. He'll go their B team more than likely but that's a hell of a move.

  20. #50
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    10,150
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wow, thatís stunning. Fingers crossed Canada can hold onto him, although attitude already appears to be a bit of an issue.

  21. #51
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    13,142
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Lee Nguyen holding out for a transfer - did not report.

  22. #52
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    390
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ^^holy smokes, great for Tabla. Kinda figure he will opt to play for the Ivory Coast though...to bad Oz couldn't get him cap tied...

  23. #53
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    3,984
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Tabla to Barca confirmed:

    http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/ballo...league-soccer/

    Anyone want to wager a guess on how much they got for him?

  24. #54
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,288
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Tabla to Barca confirmed:

    http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/ballo...league-soccer/

    Anyone want to wager a guess on how much they got for him?
    If it were anything decent we would of heard about it through a leak by now. My guess: Sub 500k

  25. #55
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    5,354
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, if it was a big fee, the league would be crowing about it on all channels.
    No one likes us, we don't care.
    You saw me standing alone, without a dream in my heart, without a love of my own.
    Louis Van Gaal, philosopher. "What is this world twisted?"
    Need more nonsense in your life? Follow me on the twitter @MrTuktoyaktuk

  26. #56
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    3,984
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    If it were anything decent we would of heard about it through a leak by now. My guess: Sub 500k
    Nah, they always keep financial details secret.

    And it's gotta be at least a million. No way the league would let him go that low.

  27. #57
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,288
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Nah, they always keep financial details secret.

    And it's gotta be at least a million. No way the league would let him go that low.
    You'd be surprised at what price teams let their young players go to top clubs for.

  28. #58
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    3,984
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    You'd be surprised at what price teams let their young players go to top clubs for.
    But less than a million?

    I highly doubt it.

  29. #59
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,288
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    But less than a million?

    I highly doubt it.
    Details just came out reportedly in the millions. I stand corrected. Often though smaller teams will let young players (18-19 years old) leave for a relative pittance to establish themselves as a pipeline to bigger clubs and will leave most of the rest of the income from the player to bonuses (goals, appearances, etc) and sell-on clauses.

  30. #60
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    West End
    Posts
    3,154
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •