Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 240
  1. #151
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sec 117 row 12 seats 27 & 28
    Posts
    1,566
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What exactly have you based this on? I follow the Portuguese league and he hasn't been the same as the player he was at Vitória 2 years ago. He's been injured quite a bit and really hasn't impressed me at all. He's shown flashes of something above average but that's about it; just above average.

    Also, this deal is far from done. He is on loan with Braga from Benfica. Plus, he wants to stay at Braga. His brother plays at Braga and his desire is to stay there (source: record.pt the leading unbiased footy rag of Portugal)

    Quote Originally Posted by TFC1986 View Post
    California seems to be the place
    LAFC has signed Andre Horta.
    LAFC will be a great surprise this year, just like how Atlanta United was last year. What makes it more remarkable is he only TWENTY-ONE!!!!!
    Horta will be able to hold the ball and look for perfect openings and can squeeze the ball through tight ones.
    Last edited by David_Oliveira; 03-26-2018 at 10:04 PM.

  2. #152
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    West End
    Posts
    3,789
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David_Oliveira View Post
    What exactly have you based this on? I follow the Portuguese league and he hasn't been the same as the player he was at Vitória 2 years ago. He's been injured quite a bit and really hasn't impressed me at all. He's shown flashes of something above average but that's about it; just above average.

    Also, this deal is far from done. He is on loan with Braga from Benfica. Plus, he wants to stay at Braga. His brother plays at Braga and his desire is to stay there (source: record.pt the leading unbiased footy rag of Portugal)


    http://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-tr...n-lafc-sources

  3. #153
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sec 117 row 12 seats 27 & 28
    Posts
    1,566
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I read that article. I wonder who is right. Usually though, where there is smoke, there is fire so it probably is a done deal.

    I still don't see it as that big a move from what I've seen from his play


  4. #154
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,473
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I dont see the big deal on Horta

    why is he earning a DP spot? VV is a better player and not on DP, how would they justify Horta as a DP?

  5. #155
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    West End
    Posts
    3,789
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David_Oliveira View Post
    I read that article. I wonder who is right. Usually though, where there is smoke, there is fire so it probably is a done deal.

    I still don't see it as that big a move from what I've seen from his play

  6. #156
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    West End
    Posts
    3,789
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    I dont see the big deal on Horta

    why is he earning a DP spot? VV is a better player and not on DP, how would they justify Horta as a DP?
    Transfer fee is $5M

  7. #157
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    15,137
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Young players worth that much - gosh this league is changing.

  8. #158
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    9,799
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Young players worth that much - gosh this league is changing.
    This league has really taken to making "Money Moves", they seem to like the optics of it.

    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  9. #159
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,473
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Transfer fee is $5M
    are you saying he is a DP because of the transfer fee?

  10. #160
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,473
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    This league has really taken to making "Money Moves", they seem to like the optics of it.
    please ban him for making me have a cardi b song stuck in my head.....AHHHHH now I have g-eazy songs in my head.

    dumb generation......bring back Mc Hammer

  11. #161
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    52
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Darwin Quintero touched down in Minnesota tonight, so we won’t be seeing him Tuesday

  12. #162
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    9,799
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wynne View Post
    Darwin Quintero touched down in Minnesota tonight, so we won’t be seeing him Tuesday
    That's huge news for the Reds, know its only one players, but anything like this will help in some way I guess.

    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  13. #163
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,073
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quintero, Horta and Zlatan really cap off an amazing off-season for the league. Increasingly hard to say this isn't one of the better leagues in the world. We're a long way a away from the times when Aurellien Collin types could come in out of nowhere from the English Conference and immediately be one of the best CB's in the league.

    Gonna be hard for Eurosnobs to keep writing Soccer off here. For now I'll bask in the pre-mainstream innocence of the league. Enjoy it while it lasts.

  14. #164
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    155
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Its a big move in terms of attracting young quality talented player against other peers his age. He has lots of potential, but give him a few year to only keep growing. Plus he'll probably get more playing time in MLS as well.
    He was just name player of the month in Portugal for Midfielder.
    Once he comes over in mid MLS season it'll be a great boost for LAFC regardless.

    I'm not sure how the DP works if its different allocation money to obtain certain players perhaps

  15. #165
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    910
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Fernando Torres to the impact?

  16. #166
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    West End
    Posts
    3,789
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wayne Rooney to DCU

  17. #167
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    15,137
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The Roony move is interesting in that apparently Man U would be paying most of his wages.

    He might not even be a DP.

  18. #168
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    5,775
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The Roony move is interesting in that apparently Man U would be paying most of his wages.

    He might not even be a DP.
    You mean Everton, right?

  19. #169
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,473
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Both Everton and man u apparently paying his salary.

    How did Rooney make all this money? Not like he has Beckham looks

  20. #170
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,473
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    At not DP level , I would def take him

  21. #171
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,098
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    At not DP level , I would def take him
    Yeah, he can still play. Maybe not a full 90 at Premiership pace, but he should do just fine in MLS.

  22. #172
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,473
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cmonyoureds View Post
    Yeah, he can still play. Maybe not a full 90 at Premiership pace, but he should do just fine in MLS.
    scenery change will do him good

    american diet may not lol

  23. #173
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    910
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    rooney talk is strange. Allardyce will be replaced in off season so you'd of thought he's at least wait to talk to the new boss. The thing about Rooney now is, since he's lost that short burst of pace he had, he's kind of moved back further than he ever played. At times he basically an attacking mid. He always did drop deep, but he doesn't have the legs now to drop deep then get into the box. He likes to sit back and spray the ball about esp to wingers and he's good at it, always has been. Problem is he needs the right players to pass it to, not sure he'll get that at DC. At this stage of his career he can certainly help in the right set up, but he's not going to be the saviour on his own. As long as DC aren't expecting him to come in and be a one man team, that Rooney left the stage to be honest in his late 20's

  24. #174
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    11,232
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Lucas Cavallini, who makes the odd CMNT appearance (by his choice, not so much Canada’s), is being linked with Pumas in Mexico and maybe MLS after a successful loan campaign with Puebla in Liga Mx. Scored 9 in 22 for what was generally considered a weak team.

    Dare I say it, I like his game much more than Larin. Good luck to him.

  25. #175
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,099
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Lucas Cavallini, who makes the odd CMNT appearance (by his choice, not so much Canada’s), is being linked with Pumas in Mexico and maybe MLS after a successful loan campaign with Puebla in Liga Mx. Scored 9 in 22 for what was generally considered a weak team.

    Dare I say it, I like his game much more than Larin. Good luck to him.
    Shame that his transfer fee would likely make him a DP would be a perfect TAM striker for any MLS team

  26. #176
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    11,232
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Shame that his transfer fee would likely make him a DP would be a perfect TAM striker for any MLS team
    Yeah I think he’s at an awkward level to fit the MLS salary structure currently. Assuming he wants decent level money, I’d want to see another season of sustained performance.

    Probably not a fit for TFC regardless.

  27. #177
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,099
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quaresma is officially on the Portuguese WC squad.. to think he was available on a free for decent period of time a few year ago jeez. I know there was one person (I forget who) in this forum advocating that we sign him and damn you were right

  28. #178
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    15,137
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Now this is a serious move:

    Sounders in for Raul Ruidiaz

    27 year old top scorer in Liga Mx.

  29. #179
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,473
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Quaresma is officially on the Portuguese WC squad.. to think he was available on a free for decent period of time a few year ago jeez. I know there was one person (I forget who) in this forum advocating that we sign him and damn you were right
    I think it was me

    Him and Nani.

    I would have been 1 for 2 considering nani dropped of the face of the earth

  30. #180
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    922
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Now this is a serious move:

    Sounders in for Raul Ruidiaz

    27 year old top scorer in Liga Mx.
    He's Arsenal, A.C milan level quality. Seriously, he would be one of the best players in all of MLS. Sounders need someone like him.

    I thought he would be going to Europe

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •