Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default All-Time Top 5 RPB Scarves/Swag

Saw a thread in regards to TFC gear! Thought I would post a Top 5 RPB Swag/Scarves

Starting with....

#5 The RPB face mask! New this year, and haven’t even worn one yet! But it looks awesome on folks!

#4 The Red RPB Shirt - RPB crest on the side! I think BritChat created this T-shirt. Was one of my favourites for many years!

#3 The RPB Pirate shirt! A classic... must have left mine somewhere cause I can’t find it. Should’ve bought 5

#2 The RPB Bar scarf... another great scarf that many OG’s wore! You were either rocking the dreaded Argyle lol or The Bar scarf

#1 The First Year RPB scarf! Without any doubt pound for pound... the best of the best. This is a coveted scarf by many! I lost mine not on the battlefield, but in a Grocery parking lot in Durham (sigh)... years later I rescued two scarfs for Top Money from people selling them. If you have one and wish to part ways you let me know!

P.S. notable mentions... Player of The Year DeRo and the Dichio Scarf with the Head in the middle!
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I rocked my bar scarf when I photobombed the victory parade.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw! One of the reasons that prompted this post lol
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started wearing my "JUST ONE BEFORE I DIE" Supporters Shield scarf last season. I'm very proud that I can now retire it and die happy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still lamenting losing the year one scarf at a pub

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    Still lamenting losing the year one scarf at a pub
    I think it was after the last home game in 2007, Nature Girl sold the last one she had and I was the next in line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is worthless without pics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My favourtie scarf is still the first RPB scarf ( the year one RPB scarf like Flush said) that I bought after watching an away match at scallys from one of the original RPB old boys, CanadianBhoy himself.

Were it at all the big games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I loved my first year RPB ball cap with the off center logo. I think Damien had them made. I glued on a bolt that was stomped loose from the stands. I havn't seen it for years and have been looking. buried in storage somewhere.

Also the RPB rain poncho. lost one got 3 left.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#3 The Pirate Shirt is still far and away my favourite and I always get comments when I wear it - wore it to death (its pretty faded and cracked) but then I managed to get another one which I rarely wear now to preserve it in all its glory. I have the precious year 1 scarf which I never wear out as I'm too afraid something may happen to it.....got the face mask a few weeks ago too!

Curious about the #2 and #4 selections --- I have a bar scarf with no logos of any kind on it that I'm pretty sure I bought from the group - does anyone know when the RPB bar scarf was created? - I have so many scarves in my closet I don't even know if I have it? Were the bar and argyle scarves "membership scarves"? As for the RPB shirt - not sure which that one is? it is long sleeve? I'm still begging coach to find me one of those year one or two RPB hoodies....

As for pictures - if anyone can explain to me how to embed a picture in one of these postings please PM me and I will try to post some pics of the cool stuff I have (my RPB track jacket (very few were made) is an awesome piece, Dichio autographed seat cushion is a must-have which I finally completed with the legend himself this season, a Frei black goalie jersey signed in silver sharpie which is stunning and is now less painful for me now to look at, and many other odds and ends I've collected over the years --- I mean who doesn't want a Julian DeGuzman autographed jersey and a Gilberto autographed hat --- like I said there are some beautiful and not so beautiful pieces....ha ha ha).....and just to whet your appetite, I ordered a 2007 MEDIA GUIDE on ebay a few days ago ($5 whole dollars!!), and we all know how precious those are (shout-out to Tim90 wherever you are!).....ha ha ha ha.....

Like I said, if someone can explain how to post the pics I will try to do so.....sorry but apparently I am a technologically challenged old fart.....ha ha ha.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post

Curious about the #2 and #4 selections --- I have a bar scarf with no logos of any kind on it that I'm pretty sure I bought from the group - does anyone know when the RPB bar scarf was created? - I have so many scarves in my closet I don't even know if I have it? Were the bar and argyle scarves "membership scarves"?
    As for pictures - if anyone can explain to me how to embed a picture .
    The bar scarf I designed was year two, I believe. It had the logos on it. You can kinda see it in the picture I posted earlier. I’m the guy in front of the parade holding up my scarf. Argyle was a year or two after that, I think? I may or may not have had something to do with that one. I get confused. There were several design projects I was involved with back then. And yes, they were members scarves.
    As for embedding pics... you need a 3rd party site to upload your images to from which you can get a image URL to paste in here. Not sure what the popular options are these days. I’ve used Flickr and photobucket. Obviously, if you find an image that’s already online then it’s easy to just view it on its own page, copy the address, and then click the add image button in here and then paste the address into the pop up window.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I like that bar scarf. I also like the argyle one, I think that is the one Damien designed. I remember having a vote on it, and some controversy.

(we had a lot of controversy on the board in those days)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    The bar scarf I designed was year two, I believe. It had the logos on it. You can kinda see it in the picture I posted earlier. I’m the guy in front of the parade holding up my scarf. Argyle was a year or two after that, I think? I may or may not have had something to do with that one. I get confused. There were several design projects I was involved with back then. And yes, they were members scarves.
    As for embedding pics... you need a 3rd party site to upload your images to from which you can get a image URL to paste in here. Not sure what the popular options are these days. I’ve used Flickr and photobucket. Obviously, if you find an image that’s already online then it’s easy to just view it on its own page, copy the address, and then click the add image button in here and then paste the address into the pop up window.
    Thanks for the info!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    ^ I like that bar scarf. I also like the argyle one, I think that is the one Damien designed. I remember having a vote on it, and some controversy.

(we had a lot of controversy on the board in those days)
    Lol
    The early days of this forum were like the Wild West.
    I kinda miss the unpredictability of it.
    It was pretty entertaining at times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My favorite scarf is probably the year 2 or 3 scarf.t looks like shit but it's a real footballing scarf. Much prefer the earlier scarves than the flashy shit they've been giving us the last couple of seasons.

Favorite song is probably the Massive. A lot of the song songs from earlier seasons have been fazed out. They've been replaced by about 8-10 songs that all basically sounds the same, which is a shame.. We used to have a really solid diversity of songs. Now it's all the same half french, half English songs that all sound alike and don't have a ton of personality. to them.

On the other hand, we just won a historic treble with a group of extremely endearing figures that I hope stay around for a while. Success has a way pushing things into perspective.. You guys still give first class support and provide a terrific atmosphere. Nit-picking the quality and diversity of songs is really grasping at straws.

Still a very young club. I'm sure new songs will come with time. Still greatly appreciate what RPB and other supporters groups do for the club.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about the RPB cufflinks?! --- very classy and they came in their own "RPB labeled box" too!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These RPB jerseys were a great alternative to wearing your TFC one to games. They were the same design our sponsored little league team wore. I actually have one or two brand new which people who ordered never picked up.

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/attach...8&d=1275869844

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulain View Post
    These RPB jerseys were a great alternative to wearing your TFC one to games. They were the same design our sponsored little league team wore. I actually have one or two brand new which people who ordered never picked up.

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/attach...8&d=1275869844
    I actually have a number 9 on one of these jerseys and is signed by Danny Dichio himself.....man I've accumulated a lot of crazy stuff over the last 11 years.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol
    It was. I think for allot of us, lets us cope with how bad the team was.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol
    I don't miss it. It was pretty dark most of the time after the first couple of years (when we didn't care that our team was crap). So many insults, protests, nasty fights, name calling, trolling. It reflected the disfunctional front office that Leiweke ended up needing to clear out. The only relief was that in our darkest hour, Tim90 would unexpectedly appear with an illiterate and sometimes incomprehensible post looking for a "media guide" for some reason or a "jetsey"... that would brighten our day.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I don't miss it. It was pretty dark most of the time after the first couple of years (when we didn't care that our team was crap). So many insults, protests, nasty fights, name calling, trolling. It reflected the disfunctional front office that Leiweke ended up needing to clear out. The only relief was that in our darkest hour, Tim90 would unexpectedly appear with an illiterate and sometimes incomprehensible post looking for a "media guide" for some reason or a "jetsey"... that would brighten our day.
    I don't miss it either as it was pretty toxic - but I swear when I found a 2007 media guide on ebay the other day (true story!) the voice of Tim90 cried out to me that I must purchase it --- best $5 plus shipping I've spent in a while (I'll bring it to Joes next time we all get together and maybe the ghosts of Tim90 will come out to see the sacred text).....it's funny how the long-time board posters/lurkers can recall all the characters of the "old days" with just a slight mention or off handed comment - it's like our own weird calling card.....I still remember the "hack" that led our boards to some odd/unsavoury cartoon imagery back in the day too (yikes!)....that was a surprising day to say the least.....it's hard to believe we have come so far over the last 11 years, from very humble beginnings and odd stories to the model franchise in the MLS; from watch parties in bars with 5 people, and playing in soccer tournaments with strangers I had never met before in a Lamport Bubble, to now having 25,000-30,000 people engaged in a stadium with this team as opposed to a team (and league) that required a lot of us had to explain to most folks what TFC even was; never mind being on the front page of the paper in this market.....it's simply a crazy story to be told one day in a book --- I'm sure some of the initial crew may want to put this all down to screen (paper) one day (before it's forgotten to the hazing of memory), as it will seem quaint to us 1st year folks, as the years go by.....

It's still amazing to me that this team basically wrote the perfect season after last years heartbreak - simply stunning.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    Saw a thread in regards to TFC gear! Thought I would post a Top 5 RPB Swag/Scarves

Starting with....

#5 The RPB face mask! New this year, and haven’t even worn one yet! But it looks awesome on folks!

#4 The Red RPB Shirt - RPB crest on the side! I think BritChat created this T-shirt. Was one of my favourites for many years!

#3 The RPB Pirate shirt! A classic... must have left mine somewhere cause I can’t find it. Should’ve bought 5

#2 The RPB Bar scarf... another great scarf that many OG’s wore! You were either rocking the dreaded Argyle lol or The Bar scarf

#1 The First Year RPB scarf! Without any doubt pound for pound... the best of the best. This is a coveted scarf by many! I lost mine not on the battlefield, but in a Grocery parking lot in Durham (sigh)... years later I rescued two scarfs for Top Money from people selling them. If you have one and wish to part ways you let me know!

P.S. notable mentions... Player of The Year DeRo and the Dichio Scarf with the Head in the middle!
    I agree with the bar scarf, it is my favourite, with the "We're still here" one a close second.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FYI -

I just managed to get a Game 1 (April 28 2007) scarf on ebay for about $20US (from Minnesota?) including the shipping to Canada (I never wore mine (or the RPB year one scarf) as I was too afraid something would happen to it - now I can wear this one with less worry) ---- obviously older RPB stuff is harder to find but I always tell people to keep hunting diligently as stuff like this pops up - I got a coveted 2007 seat cushion for about $1 (!) plus shipping last year (got it signed by DD this summer), and the 2007 media guide for $5 (plus shipping) showed up this past month too (Conor Casey is listed as #9 in the guide (played two whole away matches for us before being traded to Colorado) - no Dichio #9 to be seen at that point, as he shows up at about the same time in April 2007 as Conor leaving - its funny how legends get started ) --- never say never in terms of those hard to find treasures, they do exist.....if anyone want to post their "coveted" items, I am happy to help your search and see what I can find in my online and real world travels......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The early scarves were much uglier and much better than the current crap they give us every season with the SSH box. I'm not going to wear a TFC scarf as a fashion statement. I want it to be big and ugly and proper for match days.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    My favourtie scarf is still the first RPB scarf ( the year one RPB scarf like Flush said) that I bought after watching an away match at scallys from one of the original RPB old boys, CanadianBhoy himself.

Were it at all the big games.
    God #%!{*@ you have CB’s RPB Year 1scarf!! Or you bought a scarf from him?
    Last edited by FluSH; 01-03-2018 at 11:08 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone still have the old car scarves? Looking to get one

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The RPB Bar Scarf is my #1 by far.
    it is the perfect scarf.

Mine is getting a little old and worn looking, which I kind of like about it.
    I've worn the original Bar scarf to every major TFC match, road trip, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by David_Oliveira View Post
    I was trying to find one myself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    But I got me a new jetsey and dat dare medium guide.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by David_Oliveira View Post
    This trip down memory lane had me pull out the box of collected gear... I found one, but it’s a bit sun worn....