Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if TRN acknowledges the displeasure the fans have towards those drums. Has any supporter group leader talk with them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T.O TILL I DIE View Post
    I wonder if TRN acknowledges the displeasure the fans have towards those drums. Has any supporter group leader talk with them?
    TRN may be inclined to say Go Fuck yourself, They are one of the original SG's and now folks are saying they are annoying, As far as I am concerned flares and smoke are annoying, but I choose to roll with it. Just an opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread got a lot more attention than I was expecting.. genuinely lads, this thread was started because I yearn to see the day when the south stand sings 'ques que vou chantez?' and the rest of the stadium sings 'nous chanton les rouge allez!'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    TRN may be inclined to say Go Fuck yourself, They are one of the original SG's and now folks are saying they are annoying, As far as I am concerned flares and smoke are annoying, but I choose to roll with it. Just an opinion.
    Smoke and flares dont effect the unison of the supporter groups .. loud out of sync drumming does though, and TRN has been annoying since i could remember btw this is coming from a season seat holder from 2007. Watch the tfc highlights when TRN shows up, chants get going and those drums throw everybody off.
    Last edited by T.O TILL I DIE; 12-27-2017 at 02:22 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At times in the last season or two I was not even sure if those guys on the drums at the top of 118 were even TRN at times, it was not always clear.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smoke and flares dont effect the unison of the supporter groups .. loud out of sync drumming does though, and TRN has been annoying since i could remember btw this is coming from a season seat holder from 2007. Watch the tfc highlights when TRN shows up, chants get going and those drums throw everybody off.
    I know what the point is about being in unison, I was just being a Devil's Advocate and actually looking at as if I were a member from TRN whom are also a supporter's group and reading the comments, has anyone considered holding a SG forum to try and synchronize and coordinate certain chants and songs and be on the same page, you can't just say you guys (TRN) are throwing it all off so fuck off and move elsewhere that's all, that would be like telling the guy with the big drum that is in someone's seat to move it, that would be blasphemous, the reason I bring the drum point up is because I purchased a pair of seats for friends this year on ticket trader in the Supporter's section and the seats were where the drum was sitting and was told by security just grab a seat anywhere as we stand all game anyway, which was cool, and this also coming from a SSH from 2007, btw

There is a way of doing and saying things, but unfortunately, the perception of this part of the discussion is quite literally targeting one specific SG, and perception is reality.
    Last edited by Derko; 12-27-2017 at 08:21 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have sat in 117 since day 1..

TRN shows up late 90% of the time and they do nothing to try and coordinate with what is happening i.e. chants or even run of play. I honestly think that they go off beat purposely

My suggestion is to put them in the north end

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    I have sat in 117 since day 1..

TRN shows up late 90% of the time and they do nothing to try and coordinate with what is happening i.e. chants or even run of play. I honestly think that they go off beat purposely

My suggestion is to put them in the north end
    I'm in 117 as well, although TRN is annoying to be fair our section is 70% tourists. When some of us try and align with 116 it dies off fast.

I think we need to get our own section in order before fixing someone else's as we're the last unorganized section.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the record I want it to be as co-ordinated as the next person, cheers hope we can create another season of great atmosphere, Happy New Year

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would help if there was more seat movement.
    I would never enjoy having seats with the inebriatti. But there are many that would.
    The same would go for all of the SG.
    Problem is the south end is the most disired seats in the stadium. People don't give them up. Especially scalpers. Or amateur scalpers that put their whole season on stubhub.
    The best approach is to focus on one section at a time. Let's make 110 perfect. Then expand to 111, etc.
    While we can't tell other SG how to support, or to step up on GameDay, by being visibly more active it makes a stronger case to the FO to let us expand as seats come available.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes

and they fully understand the way they support is different.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Membership Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    It would help if there was more seat movement.
    I would never enjoy having seats with the inebriatti. But there are many that would.
    The same would go for all of the SG.
    Problem is the south end is the most disired seats in the stadium. People don't give them up. Especially scalpers. Or amateur scalpers that put their whole season on stubhub.
    The best approach is to focus on one section at a time. Let's make 110 perfect. Then expand to 111, etc.
    While we can't tell other SG how to support, or to step up on GameDay, by being visibly more active it makes a stronger case to the FO to let us expand as seats come available.

Agreed!
    We really could use some help up at the top of 110....we have two drums up there...but we are in desperate need of a Capo!
    If anyone located up near the drums feels like giving it a go come on up an chat....we can come up with a plan of action!!
    Official Member of the Montreal Miracle Crew 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally like TRN. They add that Caribbean vibe to BMO Field. It's the pockets from 112-115 that don't sing, they are the real problem.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

100% disagree. I’m in 224 and TRN drives me nuts. Their noise contributed absolutely nothing of benefit to the atmosphere of the game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soccer Mum View Post
    I personally like TRN. They add that Caribbean vibe to BMO Field. It's the pockets from 112-115 that don't sing, they are the real problem.
    This must be the funniest thing I've heard.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one trolls like SoccerMom

Chris made a good point though at the AGM. We are popular now.

Sometimes having a good team means that there are too many people to be on the same page. This is a prime example.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you look at 114, the core of the noise is coming from the first saw 10 rows. The difference is their rows are wide in respect to 112. That being said us as 112 need to be deep. We need to need the chants going beyond the drum. A mid capo and great participation would help this

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was a "tourist" with a group of my friends in 116 for last years ECF and they did a good job with chanting etc, for this years ECF we had tickets in 117. Even though we were "tourists", we were the only ones chanting in that section. It was very sad, especially for an ECF. Also the TRN drums drove us nuts.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TRN lost my respect last season when they tried to eff up the Clap thing, on purpose.

To me, they are the equivalent of something weird I saw a couple of times back in the 80's - a guy in a bar who insisted that Much Music be on loud while watching a game on TSN.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO As a supporter since day 1 the biggest issues are ML$E ruining the SG's and culture we had in the early days. We the SG's are still recovering from that. We also have to fight with the SSH's in sections of the south end that hate all of us SG's as well as people getting tickets from scalpers etc. I think all of us supporters and SG's being different is a good thing. It means we all bring our versions of what supporting means to us which in turn keeps it organic and we will always have a say and our way. If we come together as one I think it would kill the entire culture and feel completely commercial. We as supporters have some leverage with the team and front office. We are the voice and heart who knows where this team would be without us. We are all humans and we are all different so take a moment to think about how you felt the moment we won the cup? Some of his lit flares/smoke some of us waved flags, some of us sang, some of us cried, some of us kissed a loved one, some of us wrapped our hands around our fellow brothers and sisters. We all celebrated in different ways but all of us let 11 years of emotion out. What I'm trying to say is we are all "ONE" we are Supporters and that's what should matter the most. Who are we to tell each other how to support? Just my 2cents.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    TRN lost my respect last season when they tried to eff up the Clap thing, on purpose.

To me, they are the equivalent of something weird I saw a couple of times back in the 80's - a guy in a bar who insisted that Much Music be on loud while watching a game on TSN.
    There was a guy in 112 who did this as well during the ECF. Found it drop dead hilarious.

I wanted to two foot him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Around mid-season last year, I heard that someone tried to mess up the clap in 114 and subsequently got punched. I am not sure if it is true, but those messing up with chats are annoying.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could be worse - DCU just created a shit show by making an agreement with 1 Supporter group to manage/control their whole supporter area in their new stadium.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Could be worse - DCU just created a shit show by making an agreement with 1 Supporter group to manage/control their whole supporter area in their new stadium.
    I would revolt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Please don't put TRN in the north. I'm in section 226. Since the roof is in place, we can often hear the south end fairly well. It brings some energy into our area, and lets some chants spread, especially the thunder clap. TRN in the north end, would totally drown out the south end and kill the atmosphere.

It's a tough one, I don't know what to suggest. Maybe put TRN behind the away supporters section.

That's a f'n fabulous idea!

Or in front of the away section... totally f up there rhythm and chants! LOL

I sit in section 119, and TRN are just over my right shoulder and are constantly throwing the songs and chants out of rhythm.

Many times the drummer(s) try to drum with the south end viking clap, and completely throw off the clap at south west end.

Usually they have better success with the TFC ClapClapClap! but even then they mess it up and f up the whole section out of rhythm.