Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fernandinho View Post
    The statue has been removed for now! Hopefully it stays that way.

https://www.bluebirdbanter.com/2017/...atlanta-braves
    o.0 What an avatar!

Definitely a point of pride, when you think on the Argos' history, just annoying the way they've carried themselves, at times.

That said, I've been happy with how the groundskeeper has managed the pitch, during their time at BMO, last year's final notwithstanding.

Going forward, I hope people behind the scenes are keeping score and that TFC's best interest is never under threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Amir FC View Post
    I dont like this at all. Obviously this deal was done a few months ago not just over night. That's why Bill Manning made an announcement about future renovation. I'm afraid the safe standing zone will have foldable blue seats plus the north side would be completely blue since Argos are now actually sharing the stadium as a primary tenant. I dont understand why BMO only gets renovated when some deal is done with CFL.

Argos didnt have a parade because of lack of support. I think it was 100th graycup when they had one, it was just regular people working in downtown who stood around watched them. How much more popular soccer has to be in Toronto to have it's own stadium. How is the schedule out? I thought they have to work around TFC. What'll happen when MLS keeps adding teams? TFC will have at least 2 more home games this year.

Pitch wasn't in a good shape for Crew game on Nov 29, you could see some lines. I am sick and tired of being worried about ARGOS, never knew about them for 20 some years. I am tired of being worried about TFC's future stadium. If anything major changes like blue seats, I am not buying season tickets.
    What'd I tell you about always ending your stories one sentence earlier?

I hear what you're saying, and, although I'm maybe a bit more optimistic, I wouldn't ordinarily "step in the way" of the likes of you and others singing a similar tune… but, saying you'll drop or not buy seasons, not days removed from an unbelievable, record-setting, treble-winning season? Don't be that guy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuliquE View Post

I hear what you're saying, and, although I'm maybe a bit more optimistic, I wouldn't ordinarily "step in the way" of the likes of you and others singing a similar tune… but, saying you'll drop or not buy seasons, not days removed from an unbelievable, record-setting, treble-winning season? Don't be that guy.
    Couldnt agree more. Everyone knows it’s bs. You aren’t going anywhere. If you ARE going to stop supporting due to the colour of your seat, well, then just slink away quietly. More room for the rest of us when safe standing gets installed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    I don't see them build offices at KIA, MLSE normally keeps budgets separate between teams.

With the wolfpack wanting to improve Lamport and MLSE being the caretakers of that facility, I wouldn't be surprised to see Lamport either being the practice facility and offices of the Argos. They are desperate to get a foothold of the liberty village crowd. (that's where all they promotions were focused.)

I see Lamport being redone, with the stadium being expanded into the parking lot, likely a 20K no frills stadium. Wolfpack will need more capacity as they move towards the Super league.
    MLSE aren't the caretakers of Lamport. In exchange for loosing the fake turf and dome at BMO, they have to put up a dome and look after it over the winter. The city still owns and runs Lamport. You can go on the city website and book it for your own use.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Bahahahaha

How did you post this from 90's?

I guess horizons are relative?

Good luck on expansion, tho.

BBTBB

Bring Back The Balmy Beach

Just some vision...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    Interesting thread.

I didn't go to a single Argos game at Rogers Centre. The experience at BMO is great, albeit too big for them. But they aren't moving.

All that being said, it's the league that's suffering not the Argos. I watch way less CFL as it's no longer a CBC property and thus I have to buy cable to watch it. The best thing the CFL could do is jump back in bed with CBC in 2021 when everyone has cut the cord.

Shit by then Trudeau will be running for a third term and will be shoring up CBC funding anyway.
    Good God Please No