Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before I say this, I want people to know that I am nitpicking, and we are the class of MLS, with our next goal being the best team in North America.

The part that sucks about Edwards leaving is that he probably would have gotten close 20 games this season with all that’s going on. That’s not including Morrow getting hurt. He was the perfect backup LWB with him slowly growing into a starter in the future. And he’s Canadian a top of that.

Again I’m being nitpicky, but I would have left Zavaleta unprotected. Of the 4 CB we were rotating (not including Hernandez here) in my opinion, he’s the worst of the 4. I will always remember the series against Montreal last year, where Piatti literally made him his bitch. Even though his passing has gotten better, it’s still mediocre. He good in the air, which I’ll give him, but his one on one defending isn’t up to par. When he’s not being focused on, he’s solid in the 3. But when teams get him isolated, they run at him and he gets exposed. I know for fact. I know someone personally that plays on the impact, and he told that the game they won 5-3 at BMO, there game plan was to attack Zavaleta’s side (Go look at the tape, it’s true).

With all the money TFC is getting this year to spend, I would have liked them to upgrade on him for champions league, and protect Edwards. My 2 cents anyways.
    Last edited by TFC1154ever; 12-13-2017 at 03:09 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a Thank You thread.

Thanks Raheem and good luck except against us.

And especially when you wear the Canada kit.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 12-14-2017 at 10:42 AM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Raheen for your contribution to TFC's 2016 and 2017 season!

I wish you a great 2018 season at the Limp Act, to be one of their best and most valued 3 players over the next year, ...but to be another downer year for that team collectively.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This one stings.

Thanks, Raheem, and all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    This is a load of bullcrap. Zavaleta was an effing shutdown defender in the playoffs. He didn’t play in the Final for situational reasons only. If there is anyone who wavered a bit on the back line in the playoffs, it was Moor.

I hope you reconsider this comment, it is massively unfair to Vanney and Zavaleta, and doesn’t reflect the reality that personnel decisions belong just as much or more to Bez and Manning.
    I agree… and I was going to add that, even if we're to lend some credence to Kaz' claims, the man's lost his mother during this epic season (condolences), with Zavaleta seemingly an important part of his grieving process—if that gave him a little extra to get us to where we are, it's hard to get all up in arms.

To your point, however, Vanney strikes me as the consummate professional, and, as easy as it might have been, I don't think he would feel right to allow nepotism to play a (primary) role in his decisions taken (leaving room for the role it may have played in him keeping tabs on Zavaleta's fledgling career, prior to his time with us… which I think is fair, and, in fact, has clearly benefited us).

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Agreed 100% with everything said here. I was going to say pretty much the same thing until I read this

Raheem has potential, but the guys we protected ahead of him are established and proven players for us.
    Just quoting you because I had to chuckle, out loud, in glee, over your signature—brilliant!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuliquE View Post
    This one stings.

Thanks, Raheem, and all the best.

I agree… and I was going to add that, even if we're to lend some credence to Kaz' claims, the man's lost his mother during this epic season (condolences), with Zavaleta seemingly an important part of his grieving process—if that gave him a little extra to get us to where we are, it's hard to get all up in arms.
    To be clear I made a typo. Where I wrote Should instead of Shouldn't.

Zavaleta earned his spot.. but I'm sorry he got the job because of his uncle deserving or not. Being related to Vanney impacts certain decisions and I don't care who you are if it were between protecting Raheem and Zavaleta (were they totally equal in other respects) Zavaleta would be the one chosen.

Sadly every time I've tried to fix the error or replay the forum locks up and nothing gets posted. (5th times the charm I hope)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hurts so bad that of all teams, he has to be picked up by the scum. Wish him all the best though, he has a bright future in club play and for Canada

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are using him as a right MF!
    http://torontosun.com/sports/soccer/...y-want-me-here
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARDTFC View Post
    Hurts so bad that of all teams, he has to be picked up by the scum. Wish him all the best though, he has a bright future in club play and for Canada
    This is the worst. Really loved Raheem and stupid MLS rules dictate that we have to lose somebody.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to hear he's taking the transfer so positively. He has an opportunity to get more minutes in Montreal than he ever would in Toronto. This is great for Raheem and the national team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he would have been glued to the bench here with all the players coming in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea this is a perfect situation not only for Edwards but I'd even say for Canada. I'm hoping MTL gets a lot of these young Canadians some minutes together as it will benefit the national team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"They want me here"... Sounds like Edwards is mad that TFC didn't get him back... I'm sure we tried

http://torontosun.com/sports/soccer/...y-want-me-here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*sigh* hope that works out for him. He looked much better on the left, not sure why they want to reinvent the wheel here.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish Raheem all the best. I will be cheering for him (not the Impact, just him) every game when he is not playing TFC. Hopefully he really develops in his career and gets better and better but at the same time I hope Impact finish dead last. Keep your chin up and eventually you will get on a better team....maybe even come back to TFC. Who knows....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I wish Raheem all the best. I will be cheering for him (not the Impact, just him) every game when he is not playing TFC. Hopefully he really develops in his career and gets better and better but at the same time I hope Impact finish dead last. Keep your chin up and eventually you will get on a better team....maybe even come back to TFC. Who knows....
    I still want Raheem to develop for 2 reasons. One, so the national team improves. And two, because I bet any money he would love to return to TFC at some point in his career. It was unfortunate he went to Montreal but it does look like the coach is revamping and using speedy youth players which will be good for his development.