Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a beautiful stadium. Surprised to see it holds almost 50,000. Wrapped end zones would look so nice here in Toronto.

stadium envy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will be fun to go to Guadalajara for the final round - great city. They have to press this man advantage and run up the score.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both teams looking so tame. TFC Tigres America and even Colorado got a bad draw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shmurda42 View Post
    What a beautiful stadium. Surprised to see it holds almost 50,000. Wrapped end zones would look so nice here in Toronto.
    The exterior of that stadium is really cool and unique.

http://stadiumdb.com/pictures/stadiu...omnilife13.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good result for NYRB. Forgot how negative and dirty they play. Guadalajara didn't look too great - really should have pressed more with man advantage.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Good result for NYRB. Forgot how negative and dirty they play. Guadalajara didn't look too great - really should have pressed more with man advantage.
    Should Tfc progress to the final who would you guys rather have as the opponent ? Nyrb or Chivas?
    Nyrb because it's a close road trip and lots of fans would make it. Or chivas just to have another popular Mexican team to take out ?

I'm leaning to nyrb for the road trip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would it be fair to say the winner of either TFC/Club America would be the favourite over NYRB/Chivas?

The quality of football seemed better during the TFCvsCA game than NYRBvsChivas despite them playing on a better pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    I watched the last 5 min and agree with you the Chivas Player got fouled the replay showed he got cleaned out and Marsh is yelling at the Chivas player to get up was he faking or was it legit? it looked like he was cleaned out.. This was the way easier match up we beat both these teams easily I really hate the Red Bulls players and Coaches after last year. Red Bulls fans have had to deal with a lot of choking so as a Toronto fan I can relate. I really want them to lose though because we would never hear the end of it if they somehow won the tournament. The players and Coaches and fanbase. Yes they always Choke but the thing is they can beat Chivas. Then in the Finals in a 2 leg affair where they can hack and foul and play similar to tonight and last year playoffs they can win it sounds stupid to say they can beat TFC or Club America but nobody plays Negative soccer more then the NYRB. Do they remind anybody of any teams from the past that won playing this style? Can someone give me some teams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn, was hoping for another for Chivas.

I desperately want Chivas to advance. I want to win this thing running the Mexican gauntlet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post

I desperately want Chivas to advance. I want to win this thing running the Mexican gauntlet.
    Same, I want zero doubts over the fact that we are the best team in CONCACAF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't care who we play ... I just hope we get the 2nd leg at home.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    I don't care who we play ... I just hope we get the 2nd leg at home.
    Almost no chance of this. The teams on the other side have a better record in the tournament overall. This is one reason why Vanney was upset about that late PK at Tigres.

If Chivas win or tie at NY, they are the higher seed.

If Chivas lose but go through on away goals, we can only be the higher seed if we beat America. If we tie America, Chivas will be higher based on goal differential

If NY win and go through, even if we win the game at America, we are probably still the lower seed, unless we beat America by 3 more goals than NY beats Chivas.
    Last edited by ensco; 04-05-2018 at 04:39 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Almost no chance of this. The teams on the other side have a better record in the tournament overall. This is one reason why Vanney was upset about that late PK at Tigres.

If Chivas win or tie at NY, they are the higher seed.

If Chivas lose but go through on away goals, we can only be the higher seed if we beat America. If we tie America, Chivas will be higher based on goal differential

If NY win and go through, even if we win the game at America, we are probably still the lower seed, unless we beat America by 3 more goals than NY beats Chivas.
    Maybe it's because I just woke up, but this is too much for me to wrap my head around. I just assumed there would be some kind of international ranking system to decide home and away. I mean, we're the current champs of Can/USA... you'd think that would count for something.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd rather we play Chivas.

NYRB are SOB's who will goad our DP's towards yellows.

Better a championship be won with plays.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Me too, NYRB are such thugs, and Marsch is just an asshole.
    Can anyone tell me do both teams have to use the tunnel at the same time going into halftime, can one team not wait until the other team has gone through?
    Simple solution to tunnel rumbles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post

This.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Up to this point I was hoping for MLS teams to do well but you are right. NYRB wouldn't come to play soccer. Marsch would have them playing thug ball trying to get under the skin of our DP's to get them sent off.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Can anyone tell me do both teams have to use the tunnel at the same time going into halftime, can one team not wait until the other team has gone through?
    Simple solution to tunnel rumbles.
    Or the teams we play could grow the hell up and show good sportsmanship....but since there is not always a chance of that with some teams maybe we should take that approach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm surprised they haven't installed a ton of 360' camera's in that area after last time. Cost couldn't be that high.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    Maybe it's because I just woke up, but this is too much for me to wrap my head around. I just assumed there would be some kind of international ranking system to decide home and away. I mean, we're the current champs of Can/USA... you'd think that would count for something.
    It solely goes by who has more 'points' in the tournament

Right now the standings are (who cares about America)

Chivas: 12 Pts, +10
    NYRB: 10 Pts, +5 (8 GF)
    Toronto: 10 Pts, +4 (9 GF)

So yeah, we would basically need to win in Azteca and have Chivas go through on away goals to have the second leg at BMO. I'm going to put the odds on that at...slim.

And yes, getting penalized for having the toughest draw every round is very dumb.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Red Bulls playing like total trash. How do you drop such a big amount of money on a player (Kaku) and not trust him in this sort of game? It doesn't really matter in the end though I guess. In my mind, any team without three DP's at this point doesn't really care about winning.

haha , from wiki pedia

Alejandro Sebastián Romero Gamarra (born 11 January 1995), commonly known as Kaku, is an Argentine professional footballer who plays as a winger for New York Red Bulls in MLS. He has been reported missing as of April 4th 2018, if found please contact Jesse Marsch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This CCL path is the toughest any MLS team has ever had to face. If TFC wins the whole thing, there will be no question that they're the greatest MLS team of all-time.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So NYRB fans say they feel they can win 3 or 4 nil next week because they are average 3.5 goals per game at RBA this year. That is a pretty bold prediction. I know they played in Mexico and all that for their first game but they looked in no way like they were even getting close to scoring one unless they got some luck although I missed some of the beginning due to technical issues with my laptop. Not sure if I missed something. Chivas didn't make a lot of problems for them either. I don't see this game as a blowout either way. It will be close. Robles think they played great. Hope he doesn't honestly think that and just saying that to the press because I think he is a smarter guy than that. They were in a match to see who sucked worse last night it seemed like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    So NYRB fans say they feel they can win 3 or 4 nil next week because they are average 3.5 goals per game at RBA this year. That is a pretty bold prediction.
    Bold, but confident. I would say NYRB would win by about 2 goals. It's on the table for them. I'd rather they not advance, but I think they will.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does RBNY have an MLS game on the weekend, or did that get postponed like ours?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woolly View Post
    They have no game this weekend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woolly View Post
    They go to Montreal on Saturday.

TFC must have wired some decent $$$ over to DC for them to accept rescheduling.

America also plays on Saturday away to a decent team so they should be tired. They've has 2 a week steadily since February.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I look at it the other way; less chance of getting "CONCACAFed" playing another MLS team. Plus, "better the devil you know..." and all that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flambe View Post
    I'm surprised they haven't installed a ton of 360' camera's in that area after last time. Cost couldn't be that high.
    Whatever the cost, MLSE could easily absorb it.