Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Menez out 2-3 weeks. Will probably still play against us but who knows, maybe only as a sub for the first leg.

https://twitter.com/billyescobar7/st...43603405856768

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man this is gonna be an agonizing wait for the next round to begin, I want my mid week sexy soccer fix

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man if MLSE were ever going to subsidize an airplane or two for supporters, this is the game.

The Azteca. I can hardly believe it.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Man if MLSE were ever going to subsidize an airplane or two for supporters, this is the game.

If only.... A 747 would be perfect to carry atleast 500 noisy fans.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Shway View Post
    If only.... A 747 would be perfect to carry atleast 500 noisy fans.
    We should keep tooting this horn.

Tigres sells out the rest of their charter plane to their fans and are the best travelling support in Mexico.

I discovered that the Alouettes offer something like it on a smaller scale. I sure would like to see something like it for Toronto.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    We should keep tooting this horn.

Tigres sells out the rest of their charter plane to their fans and are the best travelling support in Mexico.

I discovered that the Alouettes offer something like it on a smaller scale. I sure would like to see something like it for Toronto.

The Argos had a very similar offer available, but their fan couldn't get the day off work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldn't count on it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The lads are getting ready for the trip to Mexico City in a few weeks.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We may have caught a huge break: Arguably one of America's few best if not best player Darwin Quintero is on the verge of signing Minnesota. Would be a big blow to their attack. Great news for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    We may have caught a huge break: Arguably one of America's few best if not best player Darwin Quintero is on the verge of signing Minnesota. Would be a big blow to their attack. Great news for us.
    Wasn't he rumoured to come here for a tiny bit in the Transfer Thread?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    I was reading about this when the rumours first popped up. Apparently most America fans are happy to hear he is leaving. The word is Quintero is lazy these days, dribbles right into defenders, gets maybe 1 or 2 shots a game. Take this as second hand info at best - could be a much different player in MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    The lads are getting ready for the trip to Mexico City in a few weeks.

That way of training is not going to work, it's been tried with limited success. So far I've heard of various ways to combat altitude thickness. One is arrive at Mexico City 2 hours before the game starts, so that the altitude sickness doesn't kick in until close to end of the game. Another way like Montreal did in their run 2-3 years ago is drink beet juice, to make sure you get enough oxygen molecules in your bloodstream. Argentina had great success playing in altitude in WCQ by preparing differently. I guess we'll see if TFC's results pay off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NolbertoS View Post
    That way of training is not going to work, it's been tried with limited success. So far I've heard of various ways to combat altitude thickness. One is arrive at Mexico City 2 hours before the game starts, so that the altitude sickness doesn't kick in until close to end of the game. Another way like Montreal did in their run 2-3 years ago is drink beet juice, to make sure you get enough oxygen molecules in your bloodstream. Argentina had great success playing in altitude in WCQ by preparing differently. I guess we'll see if TFC's results pay off.
    I just assumed it was a pre-preparation, as in they'll probably head to Mexico City early to adjust, but in the meantime, while they're still in Toronto they're doing this as a small preparation.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given the amount of time & money this team has spent on bio medical staff & research, I would be VERY suprised if there was not some benifit to that process. The days of Nelsen saying "We just got to get fit" are long gone.

Just an FYI - arriving late isn't possible as teams are required to do interviews the day before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NolbertoS View Post
    The elevation in Mexico City isnt going to give anyone altitude sickness, it only makes it harder to breath. You cant really train to limit the affect, but you can train to at least know what to expect...and thats important.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Given the amount of time & money this team has spent on bio medical staff & research, I would be VERY suprised if there was not some benifit to that process. The days of Nelsen saying "We just got to get fit" are long gone.

Just an FYI - arriving late isn't possible as teams are required to do interviews the day before.

remember when some ppl here actually debated using science and metrics?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    Menez out 2-3 weeks. Will probably still play against us but who knows, maybe only as a sub for the first leg.

https://twitter.com/billyescobar7/st...43603405856768
    Reports in Mexico today that the injury is worse than first thought and he could be out for up to 6 weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

America's Andreas Uribe played 90 mins for Colombia in their comeback 3-2 win over France in Paris today.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would bet money that they will go somewhere in the US (eg Denver) to get acclimated, then fly in the day before.

Spending multiple days in Mexico City is just inviting disruption.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Latest on Menez is 21 days with no physical activity (1st degree thigh tear). Also, Quintero is all but signed at MNUFC

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So only two times has an MLS team won this competition compared to the 33 times Mexican team has won it, LA Galaxy in 2000 and DC in 1998, however, since it changed names to the Champions league MLS has never won it since the name change. However, this competition no matter the name has always been a competition to name the best club team in the confederation. When DC United won it in 1998 they went on to play the South American club team champion that same year Vasco de Gama in a two game series which DC United won and claimed the InterAmerican Cup a competition between CONCACAF's club team champion and South America's club team champion that was played for every year since the 1960's but was discontinued after 1998 once the World Club Championship was started. It's strange that two MLS teams won this thing a few years after MLS was formed in 1996 but never to win it since. The MLS which is stronger now than back in it's early years one would think that in the last 5 or 6 years would have at least won one or two rather than winning two times a few years after the league was formed when the level of play was presumably much weaker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think Mexican teams cared much about the earlier championships because there really was no rivals to the strength of their league. They probably didn't care if they won it or not and probably played weaker squads that still managed to defeat all comers. Remember TFC's last semi-final run - Santos Laguna played their second stringers at BMO before bringing on their starters for the home leg. In the last few years MLS has caught up enough that Liga MX teams have to play their A squad if they want to beat the MLS teams. I don't think they have to do that with any of the other CONCACAF leagues yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    The Argos had a very similar offer available, but their fan couldn't get the day off work.
    I don't think retired people need to get the day off but pacemakers and air travel can be an issue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nyrb looking very dangerous

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any streams available?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bellzy View Post
    Any streams available?
    Using go90.com with a vpn.

1-0 Chivas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red Bulls playing like total trash. How do you drop such a big amount of money on a player (Kaku) and not trust him in this sort of game? It doesn't really matter in the end though I guess. In my mind, any team without three DP's at this point doesn't really care about winning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shmurda42 View Post
    Using go90.com with a vpn.

1-0 Chivas
    Thanks that works great!