Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    This is getting silly. You are implying an accusation that no one is making. Which bothers me. So I guess I better come back in and point a couple of things out.

Panama produce excellent footballers - but none of them play club football in Panama. At least 5 or 6 of the Panama WC squad play in MLS, btw. Christ, we just had Cooper and Torres in two straight MLS finals. If anyone cares about reality in this discussion, then there's that.

Go look at Blas Perez' career, the guy has played for 15 clubs in 16 years or something, but none in Panama since he left as a teenager. Perez was on TV in Vancouver lamenting the situation in club football in Panama, talking about how he cannot go home like other players - there is no money, no ownership, nothing, he called Panama club football a hobby league for amateurs.

OK I'm out again. I don’t care enough to discuss further.
    Yes but Panama develops quality players that move out to greener pastures. My beef is the lack of humility from Canadian soccer. The number of times we put down CONCACAF countries and teams is astonishing when you think about how weak soccer is in Canada.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Yes but Panama develops quality players that move out to greener pastures. My beef is the lack of humility from Canadian soccer. The number of times we put down CONCACAF countries and teams is astonishing when you think about how weak soccer is in Canada.
    But that's not what we are talking about.

There is a vast difference between, say, a club team in Costa Rica, and a club team in Panama.

An MLS team could lose to a Costa Rican team. It should never lose to a Panamanian team.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    This comment is irrelevant to this conversation.. We are discussing club football not national team football. So yes I agree with you that nationally they put us to shame as we have a terrible MNT. But as Ensco stated there should be no reason why any MLS team with ambition should lose to the majority of the club teams in Concaf with Mexican teams and maybe Costa Rica being the exceptions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To the point really is FC Dallas - they were Supporters Shield winners in 2016 and their fall has been very steep. Yes - to lose to Tauro is a testament to how badly they have declined.
    The scary thing about MLS is how thin most teams have been over the years. TFC is blazing a new path with the depth we have in the squad..this is a very exciting development in the league.

For me the CONCACAF Cl games were the best moments in our lean years. It was pretty disappointing to see small crowds show up for the games - where the level of opposition was superior most of the time. Winning the CL will be a far bigger achievement than the MLS Cup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red Bulls up 1-0.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    Red Bulls up 1-0.
    And have now won 0-2. Interesting.

Gives us hope? Or do Tijuana suck?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Xolos did everything but score. NyRB looked atrocious in that second half. Barely touched the ball and flopped whenever they could. A very concacaf performance.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post

Hope for MLS but Xolos is not Tigres.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    Xolos did everything but score. NyRB looked atrocious in that second half. Barely touched the ball and flopped whenever they could. A very concacaf performance.
    The CONCACAFed becomes the CONCACAFee

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post

Welllll...not so much. If they go through Chivas...

But still Tigres then America. Cristo...
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Xolos are not terrible, they have a chance to make the Clausura playoffs. Luis Robles had the best game of his career. I watched most of the game, he was saving stuff that 9 of 10 would go in.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Jersey gives up an early goal, almost gets scored on with a galazo, then scores on a clearly offside counter attack.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NYRB rather impressive in this match. Going to waltz into the semis.

As Doyle pointed out, Xolos has the best defence in Liga Mx - 7 against all season. Jersey has scored 4.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NYRB smashes Tijuana 5-1 on aggregate to advance to semi finals
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    NYRB smashes Tijuana 5-1 on aggregate to advance to semi finals
    Big result!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really want Chivas to beat Seattle today and advance to the final. If we're gonna win the thing I want to beat a Mexican club in the final, not Red Bulls or Seattle.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    I really want Chivas to beat Seattle today and advance to the final. If we're gonna win the thing I want to beat a Mexican club in the final, not Red Bulls or Seattle.
    I agree with you, although Chivas aren't exactly in great form this year (near the bottom of the table in Liga MX).

We have a big mountain to climb before thinking about the final. America is no joke.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I agree with you, although Chivas aren't exactly in great form this year (near the bottom of the table in Liga MX).

We have a big mountain to climb before thinking about the final. America is no joke.
    America is running wild in this competition right now and are the only undefeated team left in Liga MX right now. This tie is going to be a real test. If we can get through this we will win it all. I wonder what the status of Morrow and Mavinga's injuries are. Hopefully they will be fully fit by the 3rd. Morrow's injury scares me though. The way it happened with no one around him screams ligament tear to me. I really hope I am wrong.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    America is running wild in this competition right now and are the only undefeated team left in Liga MX right now. This tie is going to be a real test. If we can get through this we will win it all. I wonder what the status of Morrow and Mavinga's injuries are. Hopefully they will be fully fit by the 3rd. Morrow's injury scares me though. The way it happened with no one around him screams ligament tear to me. I really hope I am wrong.
    Indeed. Despite Auro Jr. stepping in and doing a fantastic job, I would feel much better with Morrow fit and ready to play against America. Mavinga is a huge concern, as well. He was everywhere last night until the injury and made a couple of plays that were game-saving. Especially that in-close block! From the gestures he was making, it looked like he tweaked his groin, so I hope he recovers quickly.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We'll definitely host the first leg against America (Apr 3-5) and NYRB 100% host their second leg (doesn't matter if either Seattle or Chivas go through).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed. Despite Auro Jr. stepping in and doing a fantastic job, I would feel much better with Morrow fit and ready to play against America. Mavinga is a huge concern, as well. He was everywhere last night until the injury and made a couple of plays that were game-saving. Especially that in-close block! From the gestures he was making, it looked like he tweaked his groin, so I hope he recovers quickly.
    I'm really hoping he just landed on the other guys knee a little awkwardly and ended up reascending a testicle in a painful way. That would make it hard to play but would be a quick recovery. So fingers crossed it was just a little hit to the jewel.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

When Morrow went down I was very concerned about him. However, I was not concerned for TFC defensively. Only seen him play a couple times, but I had 100% confidence that Auro Jr could get the job done. He's the real deal in terms of defensive quality. With the right guidance, he's a top MLS defender in a couple years with several suitors elsewhere

Mavinga is the biggest issue I see. He makes up for Drew Moors lack of pace.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    agree

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if TFC will ask for a reschedule of their DCU match in order to have as many of their players fresh for the second leg at altitude in Mexico City. MLS has accommodated such schedule changes in the past, haven't they?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    If the other sport of football has taught me anything it's that non contact leg injuries = torn knee ligaments. He knew right away something was wrong. Thankfully Auro looks quality so far.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like we need to pay for CCL now.
    Guess the 3rd 'Extra' game in our SSH packs is the first Canadian Champ game versus ???.

Quote Originally Posted by ;
    HEADING TO THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SEMI-FINALS
    With Giovinco's series winning free kick, your Reds are moving on to the CONCACAF Champions League semi-finals! Our match-up details will be determined after tonight’s match between Club America and Tauro.
    Stay tuned for an e-mail tomorrow with details on how to purchase your seats via your Online Account Manager. Please note this match has not been included in your Membership package. The Reds are looking forward to having your support at BMO Field!
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    When Morrow went down I was very concerned about him. However, I was not concerned for TFC defensively. Only seen him play a couple times, but I had 100% confidence that Auro Jr could get the job done. He's the real deal in terms of defensive quality. With the right guidance, he's a top MLS defender in a couple years with several suitors elsewhere

We really need to turn Auro's loan into a permanent deal if he keeps playing like he did last night. The kid was fantastic in a pressure-cooker game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    Looks like we need to pay for CCL now.
    Guess the 3rd 'Extra' game in our SSH packs is the first Canadian Champ game versus ???.
    I believe our season tickets had its 20 games alloted as follows:

17 MLS games
    1 CCL Game
    1 Cdn Cup
    1 Extra (Which ever came first, CCL or CDN cup)

So if we make the CDN Cup final, we'll also have to pay. Any additional CCL games, we'll pay. The MLS/LigaMX Super Cup, we'll pay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    100% with this. Imagine winning the CCL through the most difficult road possible, playing all the top teams in the tournament. Los Tigres, America, Chivas.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm144 View Post
    100% with this. Imagine winning the CCL through the most difficult road possible, playing all the top teams in the tournament. Los Tigres, America, Chivas.
    Chivas are pretty far down the table this season.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/standings/_/league/mex.1