Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Treasurer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nonc View Post
    Herediano are capable of beating Tigres, I'm calling the upset. They can handily beat anyone who ventures to Costa Rica.
    Sure- a few years ago they beat America 3-0 at home.

Then lost 6-0 in the second leg back in Mexico. So.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am really concerned about us playing at BMO in February. why not play at the dome and fill it up???

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also think this February game is a bit worrisome considering the possible freezing temperatures.
    Maybe they should rent 50 giant hairdryers to blow hot air across the field during the game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    I am really concerned about us playing at BMO in February. why not play at the dome and fill it up???
    because the Jays won't let it happen
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regardless, the Dome likely wouldn't fill for anything but a final. Colorado would be a crud atmosphere.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Regardless, the Dome likely wouldn't fill for anything but a final. Colorado would be a crud atmosphere.
    Completely agree, filling the dome has to be the perfect situation ala David Beckham and the LA Galaxy. Just look to the home opener that was played against KC at the dome, drew about 26K.

I will be curious if the weather is anywhere near what it's been the last week what the attendance will be, actually bums in the seats, maybe 10K? That would be a good number in my eyes.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm surprised you guys are so pessimistic about the possible attendance numbers at RC. TFC is the hottest team in Toronto right now, and coming off a championship. If they did have it at RC, and spent a month or so promoting it, I'm positive they could get over 40k, at least.

As things stand, yeah, it's going to be less than 20k freezing their asses off in Feb.

If I were Manning, I'd bend over backwards doing whatever I could to have the game at RC. If it's just not possible to do so, then fine.

But I think they need to do something to try to mitigate the weather if it's going to be at BMO. I have no idea what that something is, but ... well, something.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The whole upper deck was $10 or something for the Galaxy game.

Both these Colorado games should be moved to a warm weather neutral site (Florida?).
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    The whole upper deck was $10 or something for the Galaxy game.

Both these Colorado games should be moved to a warm weather neutral site (Florida?).
    Not only was the entire 500 level was $12 the entire stadium was priced to sell. I ended up buying 8 $20 tickets midfield in the 200 level. It was a memorable night and day in general for sure. Spend the afternoon at a packed Real Sports for Barcelona's champions league victory in which Messi had a five goal performance.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You realize that they could potentially have 3 games in a week at BMO, right? It's not just this game, but also the league home opener and then possibly the first leg of the next series.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In February???

I have no concern at all about selling out BMO, or close to is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

February at BMO against Colorado Rapids will not even sell 15,000 imo. I think that's a tough sell to even the hard core fans. The players will suffer as well and what's the point? The last CCL game at the Skydome was a roaring success! The pitch was shit, but that can be rectified this time around and you'd probably sell it out with the recent club success. That CCL match against LA Galaxy was a very memorable game with higher than BMO field attendance.

Plan B should be a neutral site like Ensco is pitching but I'd like it to be more within driving distance of both Toronto and Colorado... maybe St. Louis?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://yyzdeals.com/toronto-to-denver-colorado-337-cad-roundtrip-including-taxes
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    February at BMO against Colorado Rapids will not even sell 15,000 imo. I think that's a tough sell to even the hard core fans. The players will suffer as well and what's the point? The last CCL game at the Skydome was a roaring success! The pitch was shit, but that can be rectified this time around and you'd probably sell it out with the recent club success. That CCL match against LA Galaxy was a very memorable game with higher than BMO field attendance.

Plan B should be a neutral site like Ensco is pitching but I'd like it to be more within driving distance of both Toronto and Colorado... maybe St. Louis?

I will pay for your season ticket if they get less than 20,000.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gmacpheetfc View Post
    I will pay for your season ticket if they get less than 20,000.
    Isn't this first game included in our STH package? Some how I thought it was. If so people will show up.

I've never attended a snow game. I think it'll be fun!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post

I don't disagree with you but we have more than 20,000 season ticket holders so we're guaranteed to sell more than 15,000.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    I don't disagree with you but we have more than 20,000 season ticket holders so we're guaranteed to sell more than 15,000.
    Just to point out for the home leg of the Canadian Semi-Final vs Ottawa, the attendance was announced at 15,175 despite the fact that TFC had 22,000 season ticket holders last year. This shows TFC is not just using the tickets sold/distributed number when announcing the number. If it was today weather would not be an issue in any real way in my eyes, so we shall see, you never know.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Just to point out for the home leg of the Canadian Semi-Final vs Ottawa, the attendance was announced at 15,175 despite the fact that TFC had 22,000 season ticket holders last year. This shows TFC is not just using the tickets sold/distributed number when announcing the number. If it was today weather would not be an issue in any real way in my eyes, so we shall see, you never know.
    I'm aware, but Alonso stated tickets sold as opposed to actual attendance.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we did ever go for a neutral site, why not ask if we could use Montréal's Olympic Stadium? It's indoors.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Better than KC regular season but wayyyyyyyy less than LA.

Hope it doesn't happen.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Isn't this first game included in our STH package? Some how I thought it was. If so people will show up.

I've never attended a snow game. I think it'll be fun!
    It is included. If I remember right, it was 2 CCL games or 2 Canadian Championship games, or a combination of both. Anything over 2 games we will have to pay for.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    It is included. If I remember right, it was 2 CCL games or 2 Canadian Championship games, or a combination of both. Anything over 2 games we will have to pay for.
    This was the info they gave us. I guess we get the Colorado game for sure then the next two CCL games if we make it that far. 3 games total then we pay after that so if we do well in CCL we will have to pay for Canadian Championship games extra.

Package
    • All 17 MLS regular season home matches
    • 1 CONCACAF Champions League (CCL) Match
    • 2 additional matches, CCL or Canadian Championships
    • Priority Access to 2017 Home Playoff Matches

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    This was the info they gave us. I guess we get the Colorado game for sure then the next two CCL games if we make it that far. 3 games total then we pay after that so if we do well in CCL we will have to pay for Canadian Championship games extra.

Package
    • All 17 MLS regular season home matches
    • 1 CONCACAF Champions League (CCL) Match
    • 2 additional matches, CCL or Canadian Championships
    • Priority Access to 2017 Home Playoff Matches

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought it was only the 2 games, I'm glad they threw in the Colorado game as well.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In February???

I have no concern at all about selling out BMO, or close to is.
    Colorado game is included in 2018 St package,so 20000 tickets already sold, question is if all will show up.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The FO has sent out their annual email asking SSH to verify their delivery addresses, and the following info was included.

Please note:
    • Member packages are scheduled for delivery via FedEx for late February
    • Please note the CONCACAF Champions League match vs. Colorado on February 27th will be a PDF ticket only
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a preseason thread yet? Looks like training camp has already started. Must be the shortest off-season in team history by a wide margin. might not even be too rusty for the CCL!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    Is there a preseason thread yet? Looks like training camp has already started. Must be the shortest off-season in team history by a wide margin. might not even be too rusty for the CCL!
    I would not think so, especially with the pre-season matches they have lined up including vs the Xolos. Should be enough to help them get there legs going.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is anyone going to go to Colorado?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gmacpheetfc View Post
    is anyone going to go to Colorado?
    I would not expect many, it's really a role of the dice weather wise. This was the one opponent most were dreading prior to the draft, imaigine if the Reds were going to the Domican Rupublic, now that would have been fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I would not expect many, it's really a role of the dice weather wise. This was the one opponent most were dreading prior to the draft, imaigine if the Reds were going to the Domican Rupublic, now that would have been fun.
    I know, I know. But It would be epic to do every away leg of a champions league run. I plan on going to monterrey if we get there; what do you think that turn out could be?