Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 571
  1. #271
    XI17 RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Full boar
    Posts
    1,232
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nonc View Post
    Herediano are capable of beating Tigres, I'm calling the upset. They can handily beat anyone who ventures to Costa Rica.
    Sure- a few years ago they beat America 3-0 at home.

    Then lost 6-0 in the second leg back in Mexico. So.

  2. #272
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    21,525
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I am really concerned about us playing at BMO in February. why not play at the dome and fill it up???

  3. #273
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Posts
    13,027
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I also think this February game is a bit worrisome considering the possible freezing temperatures.
    Maybe they should rent 50 giant hairdryers to blow hot air across the field during the game.
    Long May You Run

  4. #274
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kitchener
    Posts
    16,683
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    I am really concerned about us playing at BMO in February. why not play at the dome and fill it up???
    because the Jays won't let it happen

    "
    Hell is always loose here. It can't break loose again
    ."
    -Fort York Redcoat, on the state of TFC

  5. #275
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    12,354
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Regardless, the Dome likely wouldn't fill for anything but a final. Colorado would be a crud atmosphere.

  6. #276
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    9,027
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Regardless, the Dome likely wouldn't fill for anything but a final. Colorado would be a crud atmosphere.
    Completely agree, filling the dome has to be the perfect situation ala David Beckham and the LA Galaxy. Just look to the home opener that was played against KC at the dome, drew about 26K.

    I will be curious if the weather is anywhere near what it's been the last week what the attendance will be, actually bums in the seats, maybe 10K? That would be a good number in my eyes.

    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  7. #277
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    3,840
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm surprised you guys are so pessimistic about the possible attendance numbers at RC. TFC is the hottest team in Toronto right now, and coming off a championship. If they did have it at RC, and spent a month or so promoting it, I'm positive they could get over 40k, at least.

    As things stand, yeah, it's going to be less than 20k freezing their asses off in Feb.

    If I were Manning, I'd bend over backwards doing whatever I could to have the game at RC. If it's just not possible to do so, then fine.

    But I think they need to do something to try to mitigate the weather if it's going to be at BMO. I have no idea what that something is, but ... well, something.

  8. #278
    Registered
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,726
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The whole upper deck was $10 or something for the Galaxy game.

    Both these Colorado games should be moved to a warm weather neutral site (Florida?).
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  9. #279
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    9,027
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    The whole upper deck was $10 or something for the Galaxy game.

    Both these Colorado games should be moved to a warm weather neutral site (Florida?).
    Not only was the entire 500 level was $12 the entire stadium was priced to sell. I ended up buying 8 $20 tickets midfield in the 200 level. It was a memorable night and day in general for sure. Spend the afternoon at a packed Real Sports for Barcelona's champions league victory in which Messi had a five goal performance.

    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  10. #280
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    373
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    I am really concerned about us playing at BMO in February. why not play at the dome and fill it up???
    You realize that they could potentially have 3 games in a week at BMO, right? It's not just this game, but also the league home opener and then possibly the first leg of the next series.

  11. #281
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    21,525
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In February???


    I have no concern at all about selling out BMO, or close to is.

  12. #282
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,441
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    February at BMO against Colorado Rapids will not even sell 15,000 imo. I think that's a tough sell to even the hard core fans. The players will suffer as well and what's the point? The last CCL game at the Skydome was a roaring success! The pitch was shit, but that can be rectified this time around and you'd probably sell it out with the recent club success. That CCL match against LA Galaxy was a very memorable game with higher than BMO field attendance.

    Plan B should be a neutral site like Ensco is pitching but I'd like it to be more within driving distance of both Toronto and Colorado... maybe St. Louis?

  13. #283
    Registered
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,726
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    http://yyzdeals.com/toronto-to-denver-colorado-337-cad-roundtrip-including-taxes
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  14. #284
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Don Mills and Lawrence
    Posts
    785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    February at BMO against Colorado Rapids will not even sell 15,000 imo. I think that's a tough sell to even the hard core fans. The players will suffer as well and what's the point? The last CCL game at the Skydome was a roaring success! The pitch was shit, but that can be rectified this time around and you'd probably sell it out with the recent club success. That CCL match against LA Galaxy was a very memorable game with higher than BMO field attendance.

    Plan B should be a neutral site like Ensco is pitching but I'd like it to be more within driving distance of both Toronto and Colorado... maybe St. Louis?

    I will pay for your season ticket if they get less than 20,000.

  15. #285
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    329
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gmacpheetfc View Post
    I will pay for your season ticket if they get less than 20,000.
    Isn't this first game included in our STH package? Some how I thought it was. If so people will show up.

    I've never attended a snow game. I think it'll be fun!

  16. #286
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sec. 112
    Posts
    2,445
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    February at BMO against Colorado Rapids will not even sell 15,000 imo. I think that's a tough sell to even the hard core fans. The players will suffer as well and what's the point? The last CCL game at the Skydome was a roaring success! The pitch was shit, but that can be rectified this time around and you'd probably sell it out with the recent club success. That CCL match against LA Galaxy was a very memorable game with higher than BMO field attendance.

    Plan B should be a neutral site like Ensco is pitching but I'd like it to be more within driving distance of both Toronto and Colorado... maybe St. Louis?
    I don't disagree with you but we have more than 20,000 season ticket holders so we're guaranteed to sell more than 15,000.

  17. #287
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    9,027
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    I don't disagree with you but we have more than 20,000 season ticket holders so we're guaranteed to sell more than 15,000.
    Just to point out for the home leg of the Canadian Semi-Final vs Ottawa, the attendance was announced at 15,175 despite the fact that TFC had 22,000 season ticket holders last year. This shows TFC is not just using the tickets sold/distributed number when announcing the number. If it was today weather would not be an issue in any real way in my eyes, so we shall see, you never know.

    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  18. #288
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sec. 112
    Posts
    2,445
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Just to point out for the home leg of the Canadian Semi-Final vs Ottawa, the attendance was announced at 15,175 despite the fact that TFC had 22,000 season ticket holders last year. This shows TFC is not just using the tickets sold/distributed number when announcing the number. If it was today weather would not be an issue in any real way in my eyes, so we shall see, you never know.
    I'm aware, but Alonso stated tickets sold as opposed to actual attendance.

  19. #289
    RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    15,772
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If we did ever go for a neutral site, why not ask if we could use Montréal's Olympic Stadium? It's indoors.

  20. #290
    RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Centre of My Bloody Universe.
    Posts
    18,437
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Regardless, the Dome likely wouldn't fill for anything but a final. Colorado would be a crud atmosphere.
    Better than KC regular season but wayyyyyyyy less than LA.

    Hope it doesn't happen.
    Canada vs Germany Womens Friendly June 10 in Hamilton
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

  21. #291
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    364
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Isn't this first game included in our STH package? Some how I thought it was. If so people will show up.

    I've never attended a snow game. I think it'll be fun!
    It is included. If I remember right, it was 2 CCL games or 2 Canadian Championship games, or a combination of both. Anything over 2 games we will have to pay for.

  22. #292
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ajax (Top O'114 on gameday)
    Posts
    2,367
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    It is included. If I remember right, it was 2 CCL games or 2 Canadian Championship games, or a combination of both. Anything over 2 games we will have to pay for.
    This was the info they gave us. I guess we get the Colorado game for sure then the next two CCL games if we make it that far. 3 games total then we pay after that so if we do well in CCL we will have to pay for Canadian Championship games extra.

    Package
    • All 17 MLS regular season home matches
    • 1 CONCACAF Champions League (CCL) Match
    • 2 additional matches, CCL or Canadian Championships
    • Priority Access to 2017 Home Playoff Matches

  23. #293
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    364
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    This was the info they gave us. I guess we get the Colorado game for sure then the next two CCL games if we make it that far. 3 games total then we pay after that so if we do well in CCL we will have to pay for Canadian Championship games extra.

    Package
    • All 17 MLS regular season home matches
    • 1 CONCACAF Champions League (CCL) Match
    • 2 additional matches, CCL or Canadian Championships
    • Priority Access to 2017 Home Playoff Matches

    Thanks for clearing that up. I thought it was only the 2 games, I'm glad they threw in the Colorado game as well.

  24. #294
    Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sec-115
    Posts
    9,539
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    In February???


    I have no concern at all about selling out BMO, or close to is.
    Colorado game is included in 2018 St package,so 20000 tickets already sold, question is if all will show up.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !


  25. #295
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mississauga / Sec. 111
    Posts
    1,296
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The FO has sent out their annual email asking SSH to verify their delivery addresses, and the following info was included.


    Please note:
    • Member packages are scheduled for delivery via FedEx for late February
    • Please note the CONCACAF Champions League match vs. Colorado on February 27th will be a PDF ticket only
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

    AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

  26. #296
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,136
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Is there a preseason thread yet? Looks like training camp has already started. Must be the shortest off-season in team history by a wide margin. might not even be too rusty for the CCL!

  27. #297
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    9,027
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    Is there a preseason thread yet? Looks like training camp has already started. Must be the shortest off-season in team history by a wide margin. might not even be too rusty for the CCL!
    I would not think so, especially with the pre-season matches they have lined up including vs the Xolos. Should be enough to help them get there legs going.

    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  28. #298
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Don Mills and Lawrence
    Posts
    785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    is anyone going to go to Colorado?

  29. #299
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    9,027
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gmacpheetfc View Post
    is anyone going to go to Colorado?
    I would not expect many, it's really a role of the dice weather wise. This was the one opponent most were dreading prior to the draft, imaigine if the Reds were going to the Domican Rupublic, now that would have been fun.

    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  30. #300
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Don Mills and Lawrence
    Posts
    785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I would not expect many, it's really a role of the dice weather wise. This was the one opponent most were dreading prior to the draft, imaigine if the Reds were going to the Domican Rupublic, now that would have been fun.
    I know, I know. But It would be epic to do every away leg of a champions league run. I plan on going to monterrey if we get there; what do you think that turn out could be?

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •