Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    as per the MLSPA -- $65,000
    https://mlsplayers.org/salary-guide/

Basically, in terms of salary it is probably a straight swap of Cheyrou for Akinola (roughly)

Doing quick math in my head off of the reported salaries from the MLSPA in September (so take the total with a grain of salt, numbers aren't my thing)
    we should have roughly 985,000 open with who was released (factor in that Drew probably got a raise in there, so I didn't add in his old salary into the total, and the signing of Akinola)
    Nowhere near this, I am afraid. Assuming zavaleta returns that is. Cooper 260000 and most of the rest aren't a hit at all, excepting beita.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/...ster-build-tor

Weirdly, i just came across this article suggesting TFC was going to sign Jelani Peters from TFC II, whom I wouldn't say necessarily impressed much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post

Weirdly, i just came across this article suggesting TFC was going to sign Jelani Peters from TFC II, whom I wouldn't say necessarily impressed much.
    Funny cause I thought he was good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we're pretty set up top. With Altidore, Giovinco, Ricketts, Hamilton and Akinola how much better can we get!?

I'd be happy with a midfielder to compliment Vazquez and Bradley and compete or push out Delgado/Osorio.

On defence, i'm pretty happy with Morrow, Moor and Mavinga. Then we have Hagglund in the mix. I'd like to bring back Zav as depth.

If we sign an improved midfielder and and a RB I'd be pretty ecstatic. With our core at 30, we should sign a skilled 22-26 year old that Vazquez and Bradley can mold for the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shway View Post
    Funny cause I thought he was good.

Truth of the matter is that I don't remember him much. Which probably is a really good sign as a center Defender

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post

I think Liam Fraser is definite HG signing during preseason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Came across this: https://www.completesportsnigeria.co...eh-set-mls-hi/

I can't find much on this kid, but hopefully he can be a solid addition to TFCII.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    Came across this: https://www.completesportsnigeria.co...eh-set-mls-hi/

I can't find much on this kid, but hopefully he can be a solid addition to TFCII.
    I can see this just because TFC II doesn't and really has never had solid full back prospects. Good sign presuming they are looking to scout in that position anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Malik Johnson will get a look too this preseason. Think he coud be our new Raheem.
    Last edited by Shway; 12-27-2017 at 11:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

absolutely no juicy rumours

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The club has been linked to Muhammed Saleh, 18 yo Nigerian who will join TFC II ¿ in preseason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    absolutely no juicy rumours
    We should not expect anything juicy til the end of January.
    It's a great way to avoid any shadow of disappointment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The club has been linked to Muhammed Saleh, 18 yo Nigerian who will join TFC II ¿ in preseason.
    Looks Like TFC have signed him.
    http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/12/28...-high-praises/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'd take that with a pinch of salt for now. Some Ghanaian fella was also supposedly on his way but there hasn't been a peep in weeks.

EDIT: I stand corrected - Kristin Dyer is reporting it too

Another source tells Metro that another Nigerian teenager, Muhammed Saleh, will join reigning MLS Cup champions Toronto FC and will start his career with the club in the USL.
    It is a formula that has worked well in other places.
    https://www.metro.us/sports/mls-look...t1HKqs.twitter
    Last edited by Areathrasher; 12-28-2017 at 11:28 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bez knows he needs to address the state of TFC II, seems like a great signing in that sense with legit first team potential down the road.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting, right back, doesn't seem like our biggest need. (I realize he's not for the first team at the beginning.)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a Giovinco to Inter rumour?
    His agent pretty much quashed it. Giovinco loves Toronto

https://www.football-italia.net/1148...inter-bad-move
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wynne View Post
    Source tells me that Toronto are likely to bring back free agent Drew Moor. Things not quite as rosy with fellow FA Steven Beitashour, however. Told TFC want him back, but cap considerations could keep it from happening.

Apparently he wants to stay, Sam Stejskal says we might not be able to afford to bring him back
    TFC are the ones not offering anything. Beita really wants to stay, hes loved it here and also has proven himself in the league to be key. Having him back there has allowed some of our young CB like Mavinga/Hagg/Zava to push forward sometimes. hes always there in the back if he isn't running down the plank. Hasler is good replacement but only going forward, Hasler isnt defensive minded compared to Beita but is great going forward. Gooooood Source says TFC want to waste some TAM money.
    Road Games:
    2013, 2014, 2015 - Montreal; 2016 - Montreal (Leg 1 Conference Final); 2017 - NYRB (Leg 1 Eastern Semi), Columbus (Leg 1 Eastern Finals); 2019 - Seattle (MLS Finals)

RPB Member
    President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GIO would never go to Inter, especially being a Juve boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Is there a Giovinco to Inter rumour?
    His agent pretty much quashed it. Giovinco loves Toronto

https://www.football-italia.net/1148...inter-bad-move
    Road Games:
    2013, 2014, 2015 - Montreal; 2016 - Montreal (Leg 1 Conference Final); 2017 - NYRB (Leg 1 Eastern Semi), Columbus (Leg 1 Eastern Finals); 2019 - Seattle (MLS Finals)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BendItLikeGio View Post
    TFC are the ones not offering anything. Beita really wants to stay, hes loved it here and also has proven himself in the league to be key. Having him back there has allowed some of our young CB like Mavinga/Hagg/Zava to push forward sometimes. hes always there in the back if he isn't running down the plank. Hasler is good replacement but only going forward, Hasler isnt defensive minded compared to Beita but is great going forward. Gooooood Source says TFC want to waste some TAM money.
    TAM on an Rb?

RPB Member
    President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    TAM on an Rb?
    Road Games:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah
    ...right!

Highly doubt TFC spends TAM for an RB, and I don't need sources for that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait...they are trying to get this team to 18 deep and want to spend TAM on a RB?

I'll wait to see who they spend it on but that is unusual.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To play devils advocate here...

Beita was on $260k ish and likely wants a raise. So lets say he's in the 300k range if re-signed. Thats a full 300k against the salary budget.

Lets say the sign a RB from abroad. His salary and transfer fee amortized to something like 600k a year. Use 400-450k worth of the TAM to buy the new RB down to 150-200k against the budget and you've replaced Beita and saved some budget space.

Not advocating that's the way to go just that there is a certain logic to doing something like that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GIO would never go to Inter, especially being a Juve boy.
    Pirlo played for AC Milan then switched to Juventus. Granted, he was pissed at AC Milan but playing for a rival isn't a definite no no.
    Yes, I understand that Giovinco has been a Juve supporter since a child.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    To play devils advocate here...

Beita was on $260k ish and likely wants a raise. So lets say he's in the 300k range if re-signed. Thats a full 300k against the salary budget.

Lets say the sign a RB from abroad. His salary and transfer fee amortized to something like 600k a year. Use 400-450k worth of the TAM to buy the new RB down to 150-200k against the budget and you've replaced Beita and saved some budget space.

Not advocating that's the way to go just that there is a certain logic to doing something like that.
    Just to add to this, with so much TAM floating around, teams are willing to TAM on any position. Seattle spent TAM money on RB Leerdam (who has been phenomenal for them last season) and FC Dallas spent 1.5 mil on a LB. As Areathrasher said, TAM is one way to reduce cap hit and create cap space for other signings. And it makes sense if TFC wants to go 2 deep in every position. And MLS teams are spending more on fullbacks, because so much of overlap flank play in modern football relies on fullbacks.

Vanney's 3-5-2 heavily relies on wingbacks. Money has to be spent there to upgrade from Beitashour or Hasler.

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That Bulgarian fella Dallas signed was $1.5M?

RPB Member
    Treasurer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure, but TAM can only be used on a player with a salary at or above the max of about $480,000. Do we pay an RB that much when putting all these pieces together? Sure, the cap hit can be lowered with the TAM, but I doubt we will be giving him that kind of raise.
    That's all I'll say about that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    That Bulgarian fella Dallas signed was $1.5M?
    I swear to god I saw a quote from someone that said FCD signed that Bulgarian dude for 1.5m transfer fee, but I can't find it.

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redpunkfiddle View Post
    Sure, but TAM can only be used on a player with a salary at or above the max of about $480,000. Do we pay an RB that much when putting all these pieces together? Sure, the cap hit can be lowered with the TAM, but I doubt we will be giving him that kind of raise.
    It's sustainable if TAM given every year is consistent. Esp if MLS is going to pay for transfer fees, and that factors into cost of a player.

-Eduardo Galeano