Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Well perhaps those that are more learned than you and I have already figured that out, what I mean is that those that are getting paid to evaluate players are making the decisions, not us Video Game Virtual managers, lol
    he can probably help next year or the year after while we use the extra TAM to help us in the near future

this kid was/is euro bound. its about selling him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    he can probably help next year or the year after while we use the extra TAM to help us in the near future

this kid was/is euro bound. its about selling him
    Exactly this I wanted to say in my previous post.
    I cannot see any contribution by this kid to the 1st team's 2018 season even close to what Raheem could have been.
    IMO it is very clear we bough him not for immediate impact, but to develop him, keep him hopefully 3 years, so he can contribute some to our 2019 season and a bit more to the 2020 season, and then sell him with a nice profit.
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 12-19-2017 at 10:11 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This isn’t a replacement for Edwards. He’s going to fight with Ricketts for minutes or be dropped into midfield late in games as an attacking sub.

And he only played 10 games for TFC II last year, still room to play him there i’d think.

My suspicion is Morgan has until the summer window to prove he’s capable of taking that spot back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    This isn’t a replacement for Edwards. He’s going to fight with Ricketts for minutes or be dropped into midfield late in games as an attacking sub.

And he only played 10 games for TFC II last year, still room to play him there i’d think.

My suspicion is Morgan has until the summer window to prove he’s capable of taking that spot back.
    Sure!
    He should be starter in all TFC 2 games, when he's not on the bench for the first team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One question to all those who know about this guy (watched videos, read stuff about him, etc.), because I confess I have no idea about him:

Is him the most promising young talent ever signed in the history of TFC?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    One question to all those who know about this guy (watched videos, read stuff about him, etc.), because I confess I have no idea about him:

I think so. Doneil Henry would be the closest in terms of projections when he was signed (unfortunately his career's been derailed somewhat by injuries).

Akinola led the U17 U.S. team in goals in 2016 and was second in 2017 (to Josh Sargent, who just signed for Werder Bremen). He's extremely quick and agile. He's played as a winger and striker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    I think so. Doneil Henry would be the closest in terms of projections when he was signed (unfortunately his career's been derailed somewhat by injuries).

Akinola led the U17 U.S. team in goals in 2016 and was second in 2017 (to Josh Sargent, who just signed for Werder Bremen). He's extremely quick and agile. He's played as a winger and striker.

Thanks!
    Yeah, he looks good!
    I don't know why, but his style when attacking the goal seems like a very young Jozy, with a bit of more native skill on the ball.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive only watched him play for TFC2 but I don't think he has looked as good as Hundal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    ive only watched him play for TFC2 but I don't think he has looked as good as Hundal.
    Yup^. Get the sense that the main reason they are signing Akinola is to ensure that they don't lose him for free to another club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Yup^. Get the sense that the main reason they are signing Akinola is to ensure that they don't lose him for free to another club.
    Kind of like signing Camargo and Chapman the past couple years. Signed them so they couldn't be drafted by other teams. Akinola wasn't draft eligible but same premise just keeping him from euro teams instead of other mls teams like the other two

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh... the last 3 posts really deflated me...
    The first 4-5 posters after the news we signed him made me think that the guy is really special... but maybe not so much.

Oh well... Probably the next month or so will be extremely quiet in here.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh... the last 3 posts really deflated me...
    The first 4-5 posters after the news we signed him made me think that the guy is really special... but maybe not so much.

Oh well... Probably the next month or so will be extremely quiet in here.
    I think he has the potential to be special. TFC just didn't want to find out by him playing well for another club in the league or in Europe. I am ok with this. Just a business decision to try to hold onto a young prospect. If they work out you sign them to better deals. If not you cut them loose. They have done it with a number of other players like some other people mentioned. Some work out. Some don't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting to get a little antsy for some transfer news. I’m convinced we’re going to sign a CM to compete for a starting 11 job. Bez said he expects to sign 2 guys, I’m wondering where the other one will be. Up top? Or a CB?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    Starting to get a little antsy for some transfer news. I’m convinced we’re going to sign a CM to compete for a starting 11 job. Bez said he expects to sign 2 guys, I’m wondering where the other one will be. Up top? Or a CB?
    Doesn't the transfer window open in January? Unless it's an MLS trade, we won't hear anything until then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This would be another nightmare trade

A. Totera@4toteraFollowingFollowing
    @4totera

More

Sources confirm to me seconds ago that Canadian Doneil Henry on the verge of returning to MLS with possible target destinationVancouver

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    This would be another nightmare trade

A. Totera@4toteraFollowingFollowing
    @4totera

More

Sources confirm to me seconds ago that Canadian Doneil Henry on the verge of returning to MLS with possible target destinationVancouver

I'm happy with that. It gets Doneil's career back on track but I'd rather it be Vancouver, than us. We already have championship winning defence.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trade away was good for Doniel. Didn't work out.

If he comes back to some place else (other then Montreal) and plays, all power to him.

He doesn't fit how we play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember Henry was playing well in his last season or two with TFC before moving to Europe.

Henry still has upside of becoming a good CB in MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really liked Henry his last year with TFC but injuries has hampered his career. Hopefully he is healthy again and continue the promise he had in his last year with TFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totera mentioned a rumour tonight ... claudio marchiso to TFC,has anybody else heard that rumour
    Last edited by reggie; 12-20-2017 at 10:58 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    Totera mentioned a rumour tonight ... claudio marchiso to TFC,has anybody else heard that rumour
    He didn't mention it, he shot down a rumor saying they were close to signing him a few years ago

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe to Montreal..... Can't see how we could afford him 1....secondly I don't think he's a player we need.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just finished listening to totera’s show, where he interviewed manning. Said they would like to add another goal scorer (striker I’m assuming), a CM, another wingback, and a CB. Im assuming, only 2 of those would be TAM signings.

Also said they have narrowed down their list over the last 2 weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheyrou has hung up his boots officially. Sorry to see him go. (also sorry if this should be it's own thread)
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    Just finished listening to totera’s show, where he interviewed manning. Said they would like to add another goal scorer (striker I’m assuming), a CM, another wingback, and a CB. Im assuming, only 2 of those would be TAM signings.

Also said they have narrowed down their list over the last 2 weeks.
    Thanks for the recap. I think that’s good news all around. I’ll be interested to see what the club comes up with prior to opening day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With cheyrous retirement theres some extra cap space to go with all that TAM. I'm expecting some signings in early January.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    With cheyrous retirement theres some extra cap space to go with all that TAM. I'm expecting some signings in early January.
    If I recall correctly, cheryou's cap hit was peanuts this year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post
    If I recall correctly, cheryou's cap hit was peanuts this year.
    as per the MLSPA -- $65,000
    https://mlsplayers.org/salary-guide/

Basically, in terms of salary it is probably a straight swap of Cheyrou for Akinola (roughly)

Doing quick math in my head off of the reported salaries from the MLSPA in September (so take the total with a grain of salt, numbers aren't my thing)
    we should have roughly 985,000 open with who was released (factor in that Drew probably got a raise in there, so I didn't add in his old salary into the total, and the signing of Akinola)
    Last edited by Cas87; 12-22-2017 at 03:42 PM.
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    as per the MLSPA -- $65,000
    https://mlsplayers.org/salary-guide/

Basically, in terms of salary it is probably a straight swap of Cheyrou for Akinola (roughly)

Doing quick math in my head off of the reported salaries from the MLSPA in September (so take the total with a grain of salt, numbers aren't my thing)
    we should have roughly 985,000 open with who was released (factor in that Drew probably got a raise in there, so I didn't add in his old salary into the total, and the signing of Akinola)
    Akinola is Homegrown, so he won't count against the cap, but that $65,000 will probably get covered by raises to Moor and Zavaleta.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shway View Post
    Maybe to Montreal..... Can't see how we could afford him 1....secondly I don't think he's a player we need.
    No way TTC can afford him, but he would most definitely be useful. Think Delgado but infinitely better (and injury prone).