Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 1623
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oldtraffordPEI View Post
    Good find, seems like either TFC actually have been tracking him for some time, or just fluff from someone in Africa.
    His club in Ghana have announced the sale FFS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love that we have the resources (outside of the cap world) to help the team.

from wooing with the leafs/raptors/drake to access to top of the line medical equipment.

i wonder how it differs from other teams in the league?
    Last edited by deltox; 02-16-2018 at 02:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Serious creeping going on here haha. Seems that Waja has Toronto is mentioned on his facebook back in 2016, goes along with that post from last year that was mentioned.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Very intriguing.... what do we have here, TFCII or the first team?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Impact was rumoured to be in on Waja back in November. Good enough reason to sign him, cuz fuck the impact.

https://kickgh.com/ghana-football/39...-s-gideon-waja

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Most private jets can't go transatlantic. Even if his can, the fuel costs are a large percentage of the total cost. Crew costs are big too.

I can't explain how/why, but I know a lot about the private aviation business. I also know something about what a white hot issue this is in boardrooms.
    It looks like a Gulfstream G500 Biz jet, which has a range of around 9600km at Mach 0.85. That's enough legs to get from Toronto to Bilbao with fuel to spare, about 9 hours each way. I understand it's a hot issue, but sport businesses aren't like regular business - there's a rock-star excess element to them. I'm sure Bilbao, as storied a club as they are, doesn't own one so it could be that MLSE was going for some shock and awe glitz to impress them in negotiations. Lieweke wanted MLSE to be a globally recognized brand and he seems to have sold the board on it before he left. This is just an extension of that vision.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about Friisdahl stays home next time and we cut Beita a check for $100K for nearly dying for us? Everyone would be better off.
    I have no idea about the corporate governance stuff, or corporate travel issues. Aketxe apparently had serious interest from major clubs around the world. Would a splash like this help to sway somebody, and show the seriousness of MLSE's interest? Is that done or normal in the international soccer world? I have no idea & no opinion.

But tying this to the Beita deal is odd. Any spending on Beitashour would have been under the cap. TAM or any other MLSE-financed salary money could not be used for Beita. GAM could be, but we know they were too tight on GAM anyway as they made a trade with DCU for more GAM. (As mentioned in the breakfast today, many players had performance bonuses tied to doing so well last season, so that caused problems for example.) Travel by the execs is not under the cap. Flying to Bilbao or not, has nothing to do with their willingness or ability to pay Beita an extra $100k or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus Christ everyone needs to chill tf out over this MLSE private jet stuff

MLSE has a jet. They used it. Cool. Doesn’t warrant a mass discussion/debate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oldtraffordPEI View Post
    Impact was rumoured to be in on Waja back in November. Good enough reason to sign him, cuz fuck the impact.

https://kickgh.com/ghana-football/39...-s-gideon-waja
    Searching his name on twitter shows he has interest/almost signed/clubs denying they signed
    Looks fake to me, but who knows

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post

Ya lol im really trying to understand the debate?? There a multi million dollar buisness, a private jet isnt that big of a deal..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's so unnecessary...but when there's nothing to complain about this is what happens.
    MLSE also charters Air Canada planes so could be that as well.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To simply put it, Gideon Waja has either signed with TFC or he has not, it's pretty black and white when it comes to something like this. I know in the global landscape of world football, there are agents, handlers, family friends all with their own agenda in trying to move players around to what would be the best opportunity, a lot of smoke and mirrors to say. But when it comes to actually signing a contract, accepting a transfer it's pretty clear but, not much to interpret for a journalist in writing an article/report.

http://ghanasoccernet.com/breaking-n...ons-toronto-fc

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bilbao official club announcement

http://www.athletic-club.eus/cas/not...html?source=tw

Aketxe has terminated his contract to go to a club in MLS. Bilbao retains right of first refusal on a future sale. They wish him well.

It's HAPPENING!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bilbao announce Aketxe’s contract is terminated in order to join an MLS club

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CCL here we fucking come

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope he's not Alvaro Rey II.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somebody had too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Hope he's not Alvaro Rey II.
    If you truly remember he wasn't bad. That was the era of a grab bag of man's and a team with no identity or backbone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bilbao fans are pissed about this given the translated replies to the announcements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shway View Post
    If you truly remember he wasn't bad. That was the era of a grab bag of man's and a team with no identity or backbone.
    I mostly just wanted to mention Alvaro Rey again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I happen to see the humorous side of the so called debate, It's Friday and our Season Ticket packages are in transit.

Have a good weekend all

RPB Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Athletic Club and the player Ager Aketxe have reached an agreement to rescind the contract that joined them until June 30, 2018, in order to join a Major League Soccer (MLS) club.

In case of definitive formalization of the agreement, Athletic Club will have a preferential right to acquire the rights of the player.

The Athletic Club thanks Ager for his dedication, dedication and professionalism and, in the case of formalizing the aforementioned agreement, wishes him the best in his sporting future.
    via Google translate
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shway View Post
    FWIW

RPB Member
    Treasurer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From roller blades to private jets. Our topics have come a long way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about Friisdahl stays home next time and we cut Beita a check for $100K for nearly dying for us?
    MLSE expenses are completely unrelated to TFC contracts and the ability of TFC to spend, you shouldn't care in the slightest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We previously mentioned that we signed Caleb Patterson-Sewell as our third-choice keeper, but I don't think it was mentioned that we made a trade with NY Red Bulls to acquire his rights.

Toronto acquired Patterson-Sewell’s rights from New York Red Bulls for a fourth-round pick in the 2019 MLS SuperDraft.

http://torontosun.com/sports/soccer/mls/toronto-fc/tfc-signs-veteran-goalkeeper-caleb-patterson-sewell

Basically the fourth rounder is useless anyways, but figured I might as well post it anyways

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    To simply put it, Gideon Waja has either signed with TFC or he has not, it's pretty black and white when it comes to something like this. I know in the global landscape of world football, there are agents, handlers, family friends all with their own agenda in trying to move players around to what would be the best opportunity, a lot of smoke and mirrors to say. But when it comes to actually signing a contract, accepting a transfer it's pretty clear but, not much to interpret for a journalist in writing an article/report.

http://ghanasoccernet.com/breaking-n...ons-toronto-fc
    The transfer agreement is on his former team's Twitter page now...

https://twitter.com/WAFAcademySC/sta...71657506623488

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    The transfer agreement is on his former team's Twitter page now...

https://twitter.com/WAFAcademySC/sta...71657506623488
    Kurt Larson indictated its likely for TFC2 on Twitter today.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kurt Larson indictated its likely for TFC2 on Twitter today.
    He's clearly speculating and knows about as much as we do, which is nothing. As others have said, we've seen many reports over the last year of him signing with various teams all over the world, so it could be another fake report. No way we waste out last international slot, when we could use it on Kubel or endoh who already know the system and have trained in it. So if it's true, definitely tfc with his lack of pedigree

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    He's clearly speculating and knows about as much as we do, which is nothing. As others have said, we've seen many reports over the last year of him signing with various teams all over the world, so it could be another fake report. No way we waste out last international slot, when we could use it on Kubel or endoh who already know the system and have trained in it. So if it's true, definitely tfc with his lack of pedigree
    I think he has connections to the inside and is able to break the stories, having sources. The thing here is his club team in Ghana has wished him the best with TFC on twitter. This is not some bs third party report, its that club he is leaving on a transfer from. I think they would know whats real and not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he has connections to the inside and is able to break the stories, having sources. The thing here is his club team in Ghana has wished him the best with TFC on twitter. This is not some bs third party report, its that club he is leaving on a transfer from. I think they would know whats real and not.
    I didn't mean to imply he doesn't have sources. My comment was from his response of "likely usl". Wasn't a definitive answer. Sounded like his own personal thoughts to me, just like we said it was probably tfc2 based on quick research. He usually has a bit more to say, when he knows with more certainty. So I don't think he knows much about the signing, if any, yet. Yet being the key word.
    Last edited by rydermike; 02-16-2018 at 07:19 PM.