Page 50 of 55 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 1623
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Wait...MLSE sent Friisdahl?

I don't get that. This is a TAM signing.
    MLSE money though. likely a discretionary TAM signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to help pronounce his name. lol

He must be good enough to have this much attention put on him. perhaps our future star player

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With a shit ton of interest from other clubs in Europe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could'nt help myself and I added him to TFC and simmed the season. He surprisingly contributed in a lot of the goals... and we finished first of course. With my PM scouting now complete, I would really like to see him on this team.

Also, Auro and Akinola train like beasts in the career mode for those that are interested. Akinola was a 70 by the end of the year (up from 61).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Friisdahl went in a private plane, hmmmmm .... (Digression alert.)

WTF? For a Bilbao guy who can't crack their squad? I get why 200 of us are excited, but get real.

I love these circular statements when suits start turning the champagne spigots ....Who is kidding who? MLSE didn't "send" Friisdahl in a private plane.... nobody did.

Friisdahl's the CEO, he decided he was needed, and he decided to spend his time (highly questionable) and $150-200K (totally unconscionable) on a private plane, because, you know, First Class transatlantic just wasn't a viable option.

You think he would have done this if Aketxe were in Panama or Texas?

Because of the Bell/Rogers mexican standoff here, there is no boss (no governance). In the absence of governance, I hope a Bell/Rogers business section journalist goes after this.

The problem is ultimately ours- we pay in the long run when the suits make decisions that don't stand up to scrutiny. If suits piss off the owners, we lose.

How about Friisdahl stays home next time and we cut Beita a check for $100K for nearly dying for us? Everyone would be better off.
    Last edited by ensco; 02-16-2018 at 11:28 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

WTF? For a Bilbao guy who can't crack their squad? I get why 200 of us are excited, but get real.

I love these circular statements when suits start turning the champagne spigots ....Who is kidding who? MLSE didn't "send" Friisdahl in a private plane.... nobody did.

Friisdahl's the CEO, he decided he was needed, and he decided to spend his time (questionable) and $150-200K (unconscionable) on a private plane because First Class transatlantic just wasn't a viable option.

Because of the Bell/Rogers mexican standoff here, there is no boss (no governance). In the absence of governance, I hope a Bell/Rogers business section journalist goes after this.

The problem is ultimately ours- we pay in the long run when the suits make decisions that don't stand up to scrutiny. If suits piss off the owners, we lose.
    What are you talking about?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Friisdahl's the CEO, he decided he was needed, and he decided to spend his time (highly questionable) and $150-200K (totally unconscionable) on a private plane, because, you know, First Class transatlantic just wasn't a viable option.

How about Friisdahl stays home next time and we cut Beita a check for $100K for nearly dying for us? Everyone would be better off.
    As an investor would I agree with this? Sure. But no need for the corporate governance talk at this stage.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    What are you talking about?
    That is what it costs to charter a private plane transtalantic. I am being kind, it's probably more

https://www.privatefly.com/inspirati...york-city.html
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    As an investor would I agree with this? Sure. But no need for the corporate governance talk at this stage.
    Sorry but the one thing I know is how suits think. They won't like this up at Bell/Rogers. At all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am pretty sure Bell, Tanenbaum and Rogers would have signed off on this expenditure.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry but the one thing I know is how suits think. They won't like this up at Bell/Rogers. At all.
    That's why I'm wondering if this report is true.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's why I'm wondering if this report is true.
    I hope you are right.

To the previous point, the CEO in most companies with $100M+ revenues wouldn't/shouldn't have to get sign off on a $200K expenditure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is what it costs to charter a private plane transtalantic. I am being kind, it's probably more

https://www.privatefly.com/inspirati...york-city.html
    Larry Tanenbaum has his own jet and has let MLSE use it for free agency wooing , all star game transportation and such in the past.

https://www.mapleleafshotstove.com/2...detroit-today/
    Last edited by Areathrasher; 02-16-2018 at 11:42 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Larry Tanenbaum has his own jet has let MLSE use it for free agency wooing , all star game transportation and such in the past.
    Most private jets can't go transatlantic. Even if his can, the fuel costs are a large percentage of the total cost. Crew costs are big too.

I can't explain how/why, but I know a lot about the private aviation business. I also know something about what a white hot issue this is in boardrooms.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At face value I agree private jet expenses are a sore point. But we have no idea what else may have contributed to the decision (other more important events subsequent to this creating time pressure) or if there’s oversight in place to prevent a private jet from turning into an expensive toy.

For all we know they asked Larry if they could borrow the whip for a day or two and he obliged.

No need to go all 5-alarm fire here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jason Foster@JogaBonito_USA
    According to @goal report, #TFC will sign Ager Aketxe on a free transfer, despite his #AthleticBilbao contract not ending until June. Already a great deal but getting a 24 year old winger/playmaker from #LaLiga on a free is an absolute steal! #TFCLive#MLS

wing
    @JogaBonito_USA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most private jets can't go transatlantic.
    It depends on the model.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

No need to go all 5-alarm fire here.
    You are probably right. I'll drop it unless we learn more. I don't want to detract from Bez landing a really great looking signing.

I just don't like the idea that this cool thing may be comingled with egregious freeloading, for no good reason, in the minds of the ultimate bosses.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The whole thing just sounds weird - especially with a "its premature" denial today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The whole thing just sounds weird - especially with a "its premature" denial today.
    Story aside, I think this club has taken the right approach of putting a complete lid on everything until the ink is dry and the deal is done.

So not surprised they issued a denial.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    Jason Foster@JogaBonito_USA
    According to @goal report, #TFC will sign Ager Aketxe on a free transfer, despite his #AthleticBilbao contract not ending until June. Already a great deal but getting a 24 year old winger/playmaker from #LaLiga on a free is an absolute steal! #TFCLive#MLS

wing
    @JogaBonito_USA
    Really gotta hand it to Bez on these TAM signings. Transfer fees are included in the cap, but Vasquez and Aketxe on frees, Auro on loan, and VdW on a 200k. So 200k transfers fees combined for four quality players, easily fits into our TAM budget.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pro tip - x is pronounced like sh in basque. Just in case you need to know...
    I read TX is pronounced like ch. So pronounced ah-ket-che if someone can confirm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.facebook.com/West-Africa...7689485218922/

Apparently we've signed Gideon Waja, according to the West African Football Academy's facebook page.

TFC II, perhaps?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, the signings are coming fast and furious now. Or at least the rumours are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He got a cap from the Ghana mens national team last year. Thats a good sign for a guy who turned 21 in Dec.

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds familiar....

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...rumours/page17

Scroll down to item 507
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fergiejr View Post
    Sounds familiar....

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...rumours/page17

Scroll down to item 507
    Good find, seems like either TFC actually have been tracking him for some time, or just fluff from someone in Africa.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of rumours swirling, but even assuming that they did arrive in a private plane, that does not mean that they necessarily made the transatlantic flight in a private plane. Just saying...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/West-Africa...7689485218922/

Apparently we've signed Gideon Waja, according to the West African Football Academy's facebook page.

TFC II, perhaps?
    My initial impression is TFC II, but who knows, I'm not sure how good this guy is.