User Tag List

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 588
  1. #121
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,008
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Here's all the salary info here:

    https://mlsplayers.org/wp-content/up...on-By-Club.pdf

    Irwin is on $200,000. That's WAY too much for our back-up keeper.

    Something's gotta give there.

    Also, Morgan is on $100k. This for a guy who played once or twice all year. That doesn't seem right either.
    Our two GKs put together make ~$300. That's damn cheap for two quality GKs, even if Bono gets a raise, considering some teams spend north of that on just their starter.

    100k for morgan is also pretty reasonable. $100k is really not a huge cap hit anymore, and depending on how MLS rules work these days, he may not count against the cap since he's still a HG player (automatically protected in the draft).
    Shit, this guy has survived a long ass time through a lot of turnover here. Made his debut under Dasovic...

  2. #122
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mississauga / Sec. 111
    Posts
    1,233
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Re-entry draft stage 1 is today at 3pm.

    Anyone on the list intriguing?

    https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/...-draft-stage-1

    Laba? Bloom? Edu?
    Those three seem interesting for our bench BUT, if anyone is selected in this round the contract option for next season on their existing contract is activated.
    Probably will see if we can get any in Stage 2 next week instead (can negotiate new contracts)
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

    AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017

  3. #123
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,008
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    Re-entry draft stage 1 is today at 3pm.

    Anyone on the list intriguing?

    https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/...-draft-stage-1

    Laba? Bloom? Edu?
    Those three seem interesting for our bench BUT, if anyone is selected in this round the contract option for next season on their existing contract is activated.
    Probably will see if we can get any in Stage 2 next week instead (can negotiate new contracts)
    Love Laba, but he's probably there because of his knee injury (NE plastic claims another). If he's close to a return though, might be worth a look. I can think of better ways to spend 750k than Edu. Bloom might be interesting, but we're probably pretty set at RB with Hasler and Beitashour

  4. #124
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mississauga / Sec. 111
    Posts
    1,233
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    Love Laba, but he's probably there because of his knee injury (NE plastic claims another). If he's close to a return though, might be worth a look. I can think of better ways to spend 750k than Edu. Bloom might be interesting, but we're probably pretty set at RB with Hasler and Beitashour
    Bloom as cover in case Beita does leave though?
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

    AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017

  5. #125
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    771
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Jarek Whiteman destroyed League1 Ontario this year with 29 goals in 22 appearances, runners-up had 17 goals. He is a former Canada youth international. Might be a good camp invite for a TFC II spot.

  6. #126
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Earth
    Posts
    699
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    TFC2 need something, last place every year is a little embarrassing

    However, the first team took a while to get good, and look how good they got :@)

  7. #127
    Membership Team
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    746
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    TFC II has two purposes. 1) Develop talent for the first team. 2) Develop young Canadian talent for the national team. Where they place doesn't mean a thing to me as long as they are producing talent. If the team is doing it's job, then the roster will undergo an almost constant change. You can't build success on constant change - ala the first 9 years of TFC.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montreal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montreal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montreal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montreal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)

  8. #128
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    3,631
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    Our two GKs put together make ~$300. That's damn cheap for two quality GKs, even if Bono gets a raise, considering some teams spend north of that on just their starter.

    100k for morgan is also pretty reasonable. $100k is really not a huge cap hit anymore, and depending on how MLS rules work these days, he may not count against the cap since he's still a HG player (automatically protected in the draft).
    Shit, this guy has survived a long ass time through a lot of turnover here. Made his debut under Dasovic...
    But it is for a guy who doesn't even play. Hell, he doesn't even make the bench unless there are injuries. It's more than Hasler is making, for example.

    If he's going to be the 'new Edwards' (I realize the irony there), then maybe that's fine. But if they're looking to bring more guys in, especially 'Mavinga quality guys,' Morgan's contract seems like a perfect place to start trimming.

  9. #129
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    9,639
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    But you don’t typically build talent finishing dead last either.

    Any metric you want to measure the 2nd team against, the results are underwhelming.

  10. #130
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,983
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    But you don’t typically build talent finishing dead last either.

    Any metric you want to measure the 2nd team against, the results are underwhelming.
    agreed, those young players are not gonna want to play on a team that is dead last

    if you have talent, you shouldn't be so bad

  11. #131
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Earth
    Posts
    699
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The best thing to come out of TFC2 was Edwards, and we released him. ?

    So just build a winning team and let’s have fun supporting them, who the Fk wants to watch a bunch of losers, oh hold on !! We used to for first team Lol

  12. #132
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,868
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leedsoronto View Post
    The best thing to come out of TFC2 was Edwards, and we released him. ?

    So just build a winning team and let’s have fun supporting them, who the Fk wants to watch a bunch of losers, oh hold on !! We used to for first team Lol
    Hardly released, unprotected

  13. #133
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,567
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Looks like Moor has re-signed, I'd expect official news soon:


  14. #134
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    238
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Looks like Moor has re-signed, I'd expect official news soon:

    Officially announced by TFC

  15. #135
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,567
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    One year plus an option year for Moor.

  16. #136
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    274
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Glad to have old man Moor back. He seems like the perfect mentor for the young pups in our back line. The heart issue must have been a big stress on him but he came through it like and as a champ.

  17. #137
    RPB Member Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kitchener
    Posts
    16,613
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    West Ham released Doneil Henry. Might be interesting to have him back as 5th CB instead of Hernandez, if his injury problems are gone and on a manageable wage.

    "
    Hell is always loose here. It can't break loose again
    ."
    -Fort York Redcoat, on the state of TFC

  18. #138
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,848
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Doneil Henry released from West Ham

  19. #139
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,098
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    West Ham released Doneil Henry. Might be interesting to have him back as 5th CB instead of Hernandez, if his injury problems are gone and on a manageable wage.
    Yes please. Would be nice to have some former players back.

    Soolsma

  20. #140
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    8,603
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    [QUOTE=Lennon;1857545]Yes please. Would be nice to have some former players back.

    [SIZE=1]Soolsma

    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  21. #141
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    116
    Posts
    825
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wouldn't Henry have to go through the allocation process?


    Edit - yup:
    2017 Allocation Ranking List

    Last update: August 10, 2017
    The Allocation Ranking List is comprised of players in the following categories:

    • Select U.S. Men’s National Team players.
    • Select elite U.S. Youth National Team players.
    • Players transferred outside of MLS garnering a transfer fee of at least $500,000 (USD).

    The players who will be included on the Allocation Ranking List will be determined by Major League Soccer’s player personnel department and club technical staffs and will be updated once each year, during the time window between the end of the MLS regular season and MLS Cup. The Allocation Ranking List will only be updated during the season if an elite U.S. youth national team player turns 18 or graduates from the U.S. Soccer Residency Program in Bradenton, FL and is deemed eligible for the list. In addition, the Allocation Ranking List will be updated when a player is transferred out of MLS for more than $500,000.
    Player Current club Classification
    Anangono, Juan LDU Quito (ECU) Transfer
    Cameron, Geoff Stoke City (ENG) Transfer
    Castillo, Fabian Trabzonspor (TUR) Transfer
    Flores, Junior Borussia Dortmund (GER) Youth USMNT
    Gonzalez, Giancarlo Palermo (ITA) Transfer
    Gonzalez, Omar Pachuca (MEX) Transfer
    Green, Julian VfB Stuttgart (GER) Youth USMNT
    Henry, Doneil West Ham Utd (ENG) Transfer
    Johannsson, Aron Werder Bremen (GER) Core Senior USMNT
    Johnson, Fabian Borussia Monchengladbach (GER) Core Senior USMNT
    Martins, Obafemi Shanghai Greenland Shenhua (CHN) Transfer
    Miazga, Matt Chelsea (ENG) Transfer
    Najar, Andy Anderlecht (BEL) Transfer
    Poku, Kwadwo Miami FC (NASL) Transfer
    Pulisic, Christian Borussia Dortmund (GER) Youth USMNT
    Ream, Tim Fulham (ENG) Transfer
    Rivero, Octavio Colo Colo (CHI) Transfer
    Rochat, Alain BSC Young Boys (SWI) Transfer
    Rosell, Oriol Sporting Clube (POR) Transfer
    Rubin, Rubio FC Utrecht (NED) Youth USMNT
    Sanvezzo, Camilo Queretaro (MEX) Transfer
    Valencia, Jose Adolfo Santa Fe (COL) Transfer
    Villafana, Jorge Santos Laguna (MEX) Transfer
    Yedlin, DeAndre Newcastle (ENG) Transfer





  22. #142
    Registered
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,380
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    West Ham released Doneil Henry. Might be interesting to have him back as 5th CB instead of Hernandez, if his injury problems are gone and on a manageable wage.
    Isn’t he a Cyprus international now?

    ;-)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  23. #143
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    2,282
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    One of the things about the young players they released is - Vanney must be in close contact with Bent on the development of TFCII and academy players. There must be some in that group that they see being a replacement level above the players they let go. TFC is about due for another good player to come out of their academy, right?

  24. #144
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,035
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Here's all the salary info here:

    https://mlsplayers.org/wp-content/up...on-By-Club.pdf

    Irwin is on $200,000. That's WAY too much for our back-up keeper.

    Something's gotta give there.

    Also, Morgan is on $100k. This for a guy who played once or twice all year. That doesn't seem right either.
    morgan just became more important. And the 3-5-2 fits his skill set better than the 4-4-2

  25. #145
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    501
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I'd keep Cooper, if not for his CONCACAF dark arts which will come in handy for CCL run.
    Agreed.

  26. #146
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    501
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In terms of what Toronto NEEDS we need nothing. Our spine is incredible per league standards and the surrounding players continue to improve. That said, if you're not getting better, you're getting worse. Teams like Atlanta and NYCFC are hungry. We need to continue to maintain and maybe add another midfielder or defender with quality wouldn't hurt.

  27. #147
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    3,631
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    morgan just became more important. And the 3-5-2 fits his skill set better than the 4-4-2
    If he is able to capably take over Edwards's role, than yes.

    But if we actually really want an upgrade in that position (to challenge or cover for Morrow), then 100k on a guy who doesn't even play is too much.

  28. #148
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    642
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    In terms of what Toronto NEEDS we need nothing. Our spine is incredible per league standards and the surrounding players continue to improve. That said, if you're not getting better, you're getting worse. Teams like Atlanta and NYCFC are hungry. We need to continue to maintain and maybe add another midfielder or defender with quality wouldn't hurt.
    This!
    Other teams will improve this offseason a lot.

    We also need a good backup striker, which is clearly better quality than Ricketts.

  29. #149
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    182
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Only two teams picked players in Stage 1 of the Re-Entry Draft (Colorado picked Mike Grella from NYRB and dealt him to the crew and Minnesota picked Tyrone Mears from Atlanta). Stage 2 is on the 21st

  30. #150
    Registered
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,380
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There has to be change, that's inevitable, but there is no reason to do anything in the offseason that isn't a Vazquez level upgrade.

    This group have all more than earned the right to come back. I expect natural upgrades to occur in the summer window, which is when the better South American moves happen, and when we have a better idea of what we need and how some bubble guys are doing.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •