Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1623
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Zavaleta starts I am disappointed, we have better players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Larson did Paul Mariner scouting and indicated Auro hasn't played in 2 years.

If so, he ain't starting until April.
    He played 1300ishmins in 2017 for America Minero across all competitions before being injured.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nonc View Post
    If Zavaleta starts I am disappointed, we have better players.

Or he could fit on the RM in a 4-4-2.

------------Seba-Jozy
    Delgado-Bradley-Vazquez-Auro
    Morrow-Mavinga-Moor-Van Der Weil
    -------------Bono-------------------

Those are our best 11 best players in my opinion. It get's Zav and Oso on the bench.
    Last edited by Defoe; 02-10-2018 at 07:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    I've been told Mariano Mino is a TFC II project. Won't be with the first team.
    Do you work with the team or are you in the media?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    It serves a few purposes; obvious information you already know but I'l just state it. 1) Gives us strength and reliable depth at wing/RB. 2) if Van Der Weil falters here, or is injured; we are not playing with Hasler/Kubel at RB for 20 + games. Hasler is ok, but people are forgetting he's not a great RB. I'm not 100 % sure but isn't he more of a midfielder? 3) Van Der Weil is not a long term option relaisticly, while Auro could be. 4) Toronto was very fortunate to be so healthy last year; who know's if that can continue.

Good move in my opinion. We wanted a young player and we got it. Hopefully he's versatile.

I was hoping for a midfielder to get Osorio out of the starting 11 but this is good too
    osorio has earned his role through improved and sometimes excellent play. He was the best player on the pitch the first half of the final. And he’s a local boy. I’m cheering for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    Or he could fit on the RM in a 4-4-2.

------------Seba-Jozy
    Delgado-Bradley-Vazquez-Auro
    Morrow-Mavinga-Moor-Van Der Weil
    -------------Bono-------------------

Those are our best 11 best players in my opinion. It get's Zav and Oso on the bench.
    When have you seen Auro and Van Der Weil play in MLS? Both have pedigree, but both are coming off situations where they weren’t playing.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 02-10-2018 at 10:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Do you work with the team or are you in the media?
    A friend works with the team.
    Last edited by TFC/Everton; 02-11-2018 at 12:05 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    osorio has earned his role through improved and sometimes excellent play. He was the best player on the pitch the first half of the final. And he’s a local boy. I’m cheering for him.
    This. He was magnificent against Seattle. That being said, I like him much more in a diamond midfield where less running is required. If Vanney goes that route, I want to see Oso get significant minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    The key here is Hassler. He may be the best midfielder in the team behind Bradley and Vasquez.
    I'm not sure where the Hasler love is coming from. He filled in for Beitshour reasonably well...but it wasn't clear that he was a significant improvement. Others have been seeing him as central midfielder on what evidence ...I'm not sure. This season will be the real test of how important a player he is for us. I hope he does well - but the jury is still out IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been told Mariano Mino is a TFC II project. Won't be with the first team.
    A friend works with the team.
    Cool. Nice to get the inside scoop.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    This. He was magnificent against Seattle. That being said, I like him much more in a diamond midfield where less running is required. If Vanney goes that route, I want to see Oso get significant minutes.
    Amen. This tired and forced mantra against our local boys is getting old—sheesh!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is how TFC sees the right side situation.

RB: Gregory Van Wiel
    Sub: Hasler
    RWB/RW: Auro
    Sub: Kubel

They are still trying to sign a number 8. That will be the final final piece to the puzzle, and we will have 21 guys, battling for 18 spots through out the season. The left side is a little more complicated.

LB: Morrow
    Sub: Morgan
    LWB/LW: Aknola
    Sub:?

Maybe Delgado over on that side as a LM?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    I think this is how TFC sees the right side situation.

RB: Gregory Van Wiel
    Sub: Hasler
    RWB/RW: Auro
    Sub: Kubel

They are still trying to sign a number 8. That will be the final final piece to the puzzle, and we will have 21 guys, battling for 18 spots through out the season. The left side is a little more complicated.

LB: Morrow
    Sub: Morgan
    LWB/LW: Aknola
    Sub:?

Maybe Delgado over on that side as a LM?
    I think they see Hasler as a more of utility guy as Larson said.

VDW is first choice regardless of RB/RWB/RM whatever but if they keep Kubel then he’s probably last man on the pitch at those positions. Auro fills in a RB situation and Hasler in a RM one imo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just in case anyone is interested, Hasler played Striker/Center Forward in Liechtenstien's WC qualification game against Spain. I foresee all these different players as giving Vanney the flixibility to play different formations depending on the opponent. For instance, what would be TFC's best starting 11 in each of these formations:

4-4-2 flat?
    4-4-2 diamond?
    4-3-3?
    5-4-1?
    3-5-2?
    4-2-3-1?
    4-1-4-1?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuliquE View Post
    Amen. This tired and forced mantra against our local boys is getting old—sheesh!
    I don't think it is aimed at our local boys, more so the inconsistency of our local boys, that being said, when our local boys play and train well they deserve the minutes. Sound logical to you, because it sure sounds logical to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    I'm not sure where the Hasler love is coming from. He filled in for Beitshour reasonably well...but it wasn't clear that he was a significant improvement. Others have been seeing him as central midfielder on what evidence ...I'm not sure. This season will be the real test of how important a player he is for us. I hope he does well - but the jury is still out IMO.
    Yes the jury is still out for Hasler, Oso, Hamilton, Spencer, all of the fringe players, no?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I name Oso and Hamilton in particular because they can become non existent on the field at times, IMHO
    Again hoping they become more consistent and get more minutes on the field.
    Last edited by Derko; 02-11-2018 at 12:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I get what your saying; who know's where Auro/ VDW are at right now. And in regards to Osorio; the final was the best game i've ever seen from him. But I don't evaluate stock based on 1 month. Like Derko said, Oso has tendency to go invisible for long stretch's. He's not really a talent built for where MLS is heading. 4-5 years ago he would be great. I'm happy to have him as a substitute and he's a good player that can come in and give Vasquez a break... but to think he should be starting on a team like Toronto FC in 2018 is a little out there. Delgado is better and if we can find a formation that get's Auro + Van der Weil minutes, they would be best to do this.
    Last edited by Defoe; 02-11-2018 at 01:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    VDW is first choice regardless of RB/RWB/RM whatever but if they keep Kubel then he’s probably last man on the pitch at those positions. Auro fills in a RB situation and Hasler in a RM one imo
    I'll add that Morrow is as well. He doesn't get nearly the credit he deserves for his abilities in attack since he's not a flashy winger, but he's got 15 mls goals for TFC. And his output has been increasing every season. No other wide player in team history comes close to that offensive output. I don't think there's a more attacking fullback alternative to either Morrow or VdW.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of these moves are for 3-4 years from now when Father time comes to call on a few of our current pieces.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    He demonstrated his quality when Beit. was injured. He was a CM in Europe. He is, in my opinion, better than Osorio or Delgado. (does anybody believe Osorio will consistently elevate his game to that crazy final display?...I couldn’t believe what I was watching).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    I don't think it is aimed at our local boys, more so the inconsistency of our local boys, that being said, when our local boys play and train well they deserve the minutes. Sound logical to you, because it sure sounds logical to me.
    It's one thing for you to have an opinion on a player—it's another for said opinion to be made a footnote to nigh on every post.

That's the grievance, more so than the "logic" you spoke of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuliquE View Post
    It's one thing for you to have an opinion on a player—it's another for said opinion to be made a footnote to nigh on every post.

That's the grievance, more so than the "logic" you spoke of.
    Yes it does get a bit tiring

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any chance they maybe see GVW playing the right sided central role instead of Zav and that's why they are also tying up Auro for a RWB option?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post
    Any chance they maybe see GVW playing the right sided central role instead of Zav and that's why they are also tying up Auro for a RWB option?
    nah. Not at all. W'ere just super deep so a lot of guys will be battling for places.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vanney did say that weils can play in the back 3 if they need him to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post
    I'm sure he could play there if there were no other options at a particular point in time. But no, there's no chance they see him the same way as Mavinga as an option to convert to CB. He's been a RB literally his entire professional career and hasn't been a central defender since his academy days. Also during the press conference they mentioned that he could possibly play CB although it wouldn't be ideal. More likely they play him further up the field or midfield than CB if he's going to play out of position at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    I'm sure he could play there if there were no other options at a particular point in time. But no, there's no chance they see him the same way as Mavinga as an option to convert to CB. He's been a RB literally his entire professional career and hasn't been a central defender since his academy days. Also during the press conference they mentioned that he could possibly play CB although it wouldn't be ideal. More likely they play him further up the field or midfield than CB if he's going to play out of position at all.
    God it would have been nice to sign a right side CB this offseason, really worried that Drew Moor is gonna continue to decline.

I am really really really not a big fan of this off-season because I think we failed to upgrade where I think we should have but it's Bez so I'm trying not to criticize too much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God it would have been nice to sign a right side CB this offseason, really worried that Drew Moor is gonna continue to decline.

I am really really really not a big fan of this off-season because I think we failed to upgrade where I think we should have but it's Bez so I'm trying not to criticize too much.
    i think we have to accept that the various moves Bez pulled last year essentially got us four DP’s and we have little room to manouevre this year. Repeating is hard in a cap league, and in that context we have done ok. But your instincts are likely right. The league has gotten better, but we haven’t. Still like our team though.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 02-11-2018 at 10:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think we have to accept that the various moves Bez pulled last year essentially got us four DP’s and we have little room to manouevre this year. Repeating is hard in a cap league, and in that context we have done ok. But your instincts are likely right. The league has gotten better, but we haven’t. Still like our team though.