Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Metro has a huge report about MLS likely opening up a new TAM type mechanism with an eye towards focusing it on 18-21/22 year old players. Each team gets roughly 3 million. Not clear how many years that's spread over. It'll supposedly be implemented absolute earliest this summer, but likely next winter or the one after.

Atlanta already hedged their bets on this. They recently signed just the rights to this teenager from Argentina for millions, though they lose those rights if they don't sign him by the end of the summer. That plus the rumor that we're in for that Scottish Argentine kid makes me think it's coming very soon. Exciting news.
    Link?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    Link?
    https://www.metro.us/sports/new-mls-...n-star-players

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    Club America courting Jozy?

http://fulbox.com/2018/01/26/exclusi...clausura-2018/

I don't see him moving, he seems to really like it here.
    Thats bollocks imo. America signed two strikers already this offseason and re-upped Oribe Peralta. No room upfront there for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 flights into pearson from Amsterdam today (230,315,520) and 2 tomorrow (230,330).
    What are the odds VdW is on any of them?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guess is he's in Netherlands for a day to sort some things, flies Sunday and has the medical Monday.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    3 flights into pearson from Amsterdam today (230,315,520) and 2 tomorrow (230,330).
    What are the odds VdW is on any of them?
    I'd wager a Dutch MNT player flies KLM. They land 520pm today (delayed) and 335pm tomorrow.

Calling all rollerbladers...
    Last edited by ensco; 01-27-2018 at 11:27 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any airport employees here willing to risk their jobs and check the flight manifests for us? It's for a good cause

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks! I suspect this was an idea MLS had before they decided on the additional $2.8 million in TAM. The article was written about 2 weeks before the new TAM funds were announced.

However, this could be an entirely new tool for teams. Interesting times ahead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello All, First Post.
    Honoured and passionate seasons ticket holder.
    Now that "we are the champions," let's go for 2.
    Okay enough nice, nice....
    Why is Zavaleta on our team still? We let 33 go and kept 15. Really?
    There must be something in the background that is not public knowledge for this to have happened.
    Could be medical for 33 and or 15 is a favourite, friend or relative or sometime in or close to TFC management.
    Does any one else not see that this man does not have the game sense lack of forsight to read the oncomong plays.
    He trips over his feet, has no foot speed, panics when pressured and has little to no soccer skills whatsoever.
    Yes he has made very sporadic defensive saves for us but, even our head coach new enough not to play him in the 2 most important games of the year.
    Boys, we must get rid of the "weakest link."
    Then, we had a fanatastic midfielder who is a topshelf player, creative and skillful player who caused nothing but trouble for our competition.
    I'm speaking of Armando Cooper. Who we just let go! Why, why, why?
    I'm hoping to see some new talent so we can another fresh game this December at BMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fire View Post
    Hello All, First Post.
    There must be something in the background that is not public knowledge for this to have happened.
    Could be medical for 33 and or 15 is a favourite, friend or relative or sometime in or close to TFC management.
    Does any one else not see that this man does not have the game sense lack of forsight to read the oncomong plays.
    He trips over his feet, has no foot speed, panics when pressured and has little to no soccer skills whatsoever.
    Yes he has made very sporadic defensive saves for us but, even our head coach new enough not to play him in the 2 most important games of the year.
    Then, we had a fanatastic midfielder who is a topshelf player, creative and skillful player who caused nothing but trouble for our competition.
    I'm hoping to see some new talent so we can another fresh game this December at BMO.
    Armando Cooper was one of the weakest links. More times Cooper messed up than Zav IMO, last year i was hoping for AC to get canned and so where many others. Cooper was a ball hog who destroyed many attacking opportunities. Countless times yelling at BMO field for Cooper to, "pass the damn ball". Once VanDerWeil comes are defensive back line will be at the top if not the best in MLS so Zav shouldnt really be an issue. I think TFC managment knows what there doing, give Zav a shot if hes no good theres always the sunmer transfer window. As of now i wouldnt be worried about him effecting the team i think hes a solid player at times a very good MLS player when he wants to be and looks like a guy the team has great chem with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fire View Post
    Hello All, First Post.
    To answer your poem lol,

We wanted to keep both Beitashour and Cooper but:
    Beitashour was an unrestricted free agent and had the ability to sign with whoever he wanted. We made an offer, but LAFC offered more money and he went there.
    Cooper they wanted to bring back on a slightly lower salary, but he declined and will likely sign in SA. He also wants playing time so he can make the Panama team for the World Cup and that was likely also a factor in his decision to not return to Toronto, as he would be a sub here.

Zavaleta was not a free agent, we still held his rights, he could only sign with us, so easy to re-sign him. He's Vanney's nephew to answer another point of yours, but that's not much of a factor. In the MLS, you always keep young domestics with potential rather than cutting them loose for nothing as they have value (intl slot wise and trade value)
    Last edited by rydermike; 01-27-2018 at 01:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speculation continues..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Armando Cooper officially signs in Chile with Universidade

http://www.adnradio.cl/noticias/depo...a/3700121.aspx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oldtraffordPEI View Post
    Speculation continues..

So Rollerblades to YYZ (5:20pm?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speculation continues..

Ouf bad time to tour our city rain, wind , cold. hopefully they show him pics of Toronto in the summer or something aha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like what I guessed earlier based on the comments from the president of Argentinos Juniors: they want a sell-on clause in the deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speculation continues..

Well my instagram feed shows vanderwiel liked a photo of Demar Derozan in the OVO black and gold Raptors jersey 8 hours ago. Must have been the last thing he did before getting on the plane
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Beb66I_B...-by=slamonline

Given his post of Drake in his instagram story a couple of days ago, TFC just needs to get a OVO black and gold third kit and VdW will sign for sure
    Last edited by rydermike; 01-27-2018 at 03:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post

Sounds like what I guessed earlier based on the comments from the president of Argentinos Juniors: they want a sell-on clause in the deal.
    Meanwhile, Larson says it's all BS.

Wonder who's telling the truth here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could just be semantics... we could have offered $4.5 million in discussions but not actually submitted a formal bid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    I know that he wouldn't be a dp because we have 3,what I meant is since he has dp level salary, maybe if we buy him down to $385,maybe he would still be only be charged $150 on the cap, since he's young dp salary pre-tam saving us 200k on tam. Realize that wasn't clear.
    i hear you my friend, the reference to DP, is what creates confusion. In order to hit the 150 charge, he has to be considered a YDP, alas we have no DP slots available so I don’t see this being the case. Who knows until everything is released on the BIG REVEAL anyways, all speculation until then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/957401426015281152

Did we know TFC had a keeper named Caleb Patterson in camp?

I assmue it's this dude?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caleb_Patterson-Sewell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jpexxx View Post

I assmue it's this dude?
    Bono is with the USMNT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I assmue it's this dude?
    no we didnt,how would we know that when most of the tfc jurnos are covering the team from there living room and getting the info from this site,lol
    Last edited by reggie; 01-27-2018 at 07:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I assmue it's this dude?
    As part of the NASL meltdown, apparently both Cosmos and Jacksonville Armada granted their players free choice as to staying or going during this period of indecision. Officially NASL would relaunch in August if they continue to exist. Because of that, seeing players cropping up here and there, Caleb Patterson-Sewell might be looking for a short term deal as a back up. BTW, Miami FC kept all their players under contract and will play in NPSL, which is a May to August league (Jax playing in NPSL too, replacing their U-23 team which already played in NPSL).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    no we didnt,how would we know that when most of the tfc jurnos are covering the team from there living room and getting the info from this site,lol
    Kloke is in California - which is more then we normally get down there. Usually the journos go to the Florida camp; as that camp is moved to Mexico, not sure if anybody will go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    Retweet

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buddy of mine who works at the airport sent me a message earlier; he saw the Dutchman come in on KLM tonight...

“Him and girlfriend with her dog and 7 large bags, they are likely here to stay.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blkndkr View Post
    Buddy of mine who works at the airport sent me a message earlier; he saw the Dutchman come in on KLM tonight...

“Him and girlfriend with her dog and 7 large bags, they are likely here to stay.”
    Yeah, they wouldn't travel with that much stuff if they were just coming to check out the city.

Probably announce him on Monday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speculation continues..

Dumb. You dont pack up all your bags and your pregnant wife just for a tour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the same guy whose source very close to him at Juventus told him that Giovinco was absolutely not going to MLS when it was just a rumour?
    Speculation continues..