Page 27 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I don't get why we would do this supposed Argentine move, tbh. It doesn’t make sense to me

Where would a stud young DM play?

If we really are signing this McAllister, then we are moving a major piece (Delgado? Bradley?)
    Well, he's not a DM more box-to-box. Probably competing with Delgado for minutes and honestly in the highlights available (and there are a lot) he looks miles better than Delgado. And why wouldn't you always be looking to improve your side?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Transfer fees are amortized over the life of the contract right? So if the Argentinian McAllister is getting a $4.5 million transfer fee, with say a $750k salary, if we give him a 5 year deal, that would be a cap hit of 900k for transfer and 750k salary, totalling 1.65M, which is TAMable fairly easily along with Vasquez and Van der Wiel, but might not be able to TAM anyone else.
    This

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get why we would do this supposed Argentine move, tbh. It doesn’t make sense to me

Where would a stud young DM play?

If we really are signing this McAllister, then we are moving a major piece (Delgado? Bradley?)
    Fair, perhaps. If we really have this much extra budget flexibility i’d think a 3rd proven and more prolific goal scoring option would be called for.

That said, i’m not complaining. Off season moves have never been this interesting before. It’s starting to look more like global football and less like a few stars with the rest of a roster constructed with bubblegum and duct tape.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given Orlando paid $4.5M for Colman and NYCFC around the same for Medina and they are both DPs I dont think $4.5M is TAMable.

However, while I feel that the interest in Mac Allister is legit I dont think the $4.5M fee is accurate given his profile and experience. I'd say TFC are would be hoping to pay $1m-$2m range for him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Well, he's not a DM more box-to-box. Probably competing with Delgado for minutes and honestly in the highlights available (and there are a lot) he looks miles better than Delgado. And why wouldn't you always be looking to improve your side?
    We may improve a lot if we do nothing.

The default scenario is to let this roll and see if Delgado becomes a true star. Which he may well do.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remain unconvinced that this is anything - at the most tire kicking. When it comes to rumours, Toterra is off way more then he's on.

Ultimately, the #'s and needs don't match up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Merlo is the Argie Di Marzio or Bob McKenzie. He's legit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    Altidore isn't going to be re signed to a DP contract after this season...that would be bananas. They most certainly will pay him down with TAM or he'll be taking his talents elsewhere.
    How do you know that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why are we talking about getting rid of Delgado, shouldn't the name be Osorio?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We may improve a lot if we do nothing.

The default scenario is to let this roll and see if Delgado becomes a true star. Which he may well do.
    Mac Allister would be a summer transfer, our midfield would still be status quo until then. Remember, we've lost Cheyrou and Cooper in midfield and replaced them with Fraser so far. Could definitely use another body to reinforce our midfield (plus Delgado may be getting called in on the regular to the US national team now). I also like trying to bring in a kid to develop for a few years because I still suspect Osorio might leave at some point (anyone else catch his post-game MLS Cup interview where he said he "doesn't feel like he gets the credit he deserves"? I think he's stuck between his love of playing for Toronto and a desire for a full-time starting role).

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Given Orlando paid $4.5M for Colman and NYCFC around the same for Medina and they are both DPs I dont think $4.5M is TAMable.

However, while I feel that the interest in Mac Allister is legit I dont think the $4.5M fee is accurate given his profile and experience. I'd say TFC are would be hoping to pay $1m-$2m range for him.
    Pure speculation here but maybe this guy is on to something? https://www.reddit.com/r/MLS/comment...o_introduce_a/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Mac Allister would be a summer transfer, our midfield would still be status quo until then. Remember, we've lost Cheyrou and Cooper in midfield and replaced them with Fraser so far. Could definitely use another body to reinforce our midfield (plus Delgado may be getting called in on the regular to the US national team now). I also like trying to bring in a kid to develop for a few years because I still suspect Osorio might leave at some point (anyone else catch his post-game MLS Cup interview where he said he "doesn't feel like he gets the credit he deserves"? I think he's stuck between his love of playing for Toronto and a desire for a full-time starting role).
    Isn't summer a half hit on salary cap, so might be able to make the math work. If so, would mean some changes going into next season when the full price gets charged.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    \

Pure speculation here but maybe this guy is on to something? https://www.reddit.com/r/MLS/comment...o_introduce_a/

I like that idea.

Something Vanney said earlier in the week when talking about new signings struck me. He said something along the line of "TAM and other new mechanisms" What other new mechanisms?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    Why are we talking about getting rid of Delgado, shouldn't the name be Osorio?
    We're talking about who gets bumped out of the starting XI by a big new midfield signing. Seeing as Delgado is generally a starter ahead of Osorio, it'll be Delgado losing the XI spot, not Osorio since Osorio generally doesn't have a place in the first XI. Natrually, a new midfielder that bumps Delgado out of the XI is going to restrict Osorio's minutes even more.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like that idea.

Something Vanney said earlier in the week when talking about new signings struck me. He said something along the line of "TAM and other new mechanisms" What other new mechanisms?
    Now that Atlanta did their thing and have a whole roster filled with young internationals and are garnering lots of attention they will now be the new LA Galaxy. That means much like when LA was able to get aging starts to come and upgrade the league, the rules will now change to help boost the league's profile by working ways for teams to fill their rosters with young South American talent.

Hopefully they spread the rules around to everyone and don't use it just to pump up their new media darlings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michel Mulders@michelmuldersFollowingFollowing
    @michelmulders

More

Gregory van de Wiel joins Toronto FC. Signs a contract for two years. Very interesting transfer! #TFCLive #MLS

Last edited by kuku; 01-26-2018 at 10:44 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This guy is reporting its done.

https://twitter.com/MikeVerweij/status/956905413546598401

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wowza, looks like this one is for real. If this works out (always an unknown variable - settling in to new city, integrating into a close knit squad, etc, etc), that's a decent pick up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This dutch journo has confirmation from his agent

Gregory van der Wiel (29) continues his career in Major League Soccer.

The right-back is about to sign a two-year contract with Toronto FC, confirms its agent Hakim Slimani on request.
    Slimani and the Canadian club are currently discussing the latest details of the contract and Van der Wiel has yet to undergo the medical examination. "It was Gregory's wish to play in the MLS, Toronto offered him that opportunity and convinced him with a brilliant presentation."

After an excellent period at PSG and failed adventures at Fenerbahçe and Cagliari, the 46-fold international hopes to revive his career. At Ajax and Paris Saint-Germain, the team from Amsterdam captured a total of six national titles, four national cups and three super cups. In 2010 he was right back in the lost World Cup final against Spain.
    At Toronto FC, the reigning champion, Van der Wiel meets former AZ player Jozy Altidore, former sc Heerenveen midfielder Michael Bradely and ex-Juventus striker Sebastian Giovinco.

https://www.telesport.nl/artikel/137...-wiel-naar-mls
    Last edited by Areathrasher; 01-26-2018 at 10:51 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post

Say we sign MaCallister to a 5year/$750k per year with $4.5M transfer = $1.65M per year = $1.4M to bring to 205k (replace Cooper at $205k) not taking into account Young DP status, not sure how that works)
    Say we sign Van der Wiel to 3 year/$1.5M per year with $1.5M transfer = $2M per year = $1.75M to bring to 250k (replace Beita @ 265k cap)
    We are not signing this kid to a 5 year deal.
    He'll be signed to 2 with 1 year extension at most...even that is a lot for an unproven kid
    Last edited by jabbronies; 01-26-2018 at 11:15 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    He'll be signed to 2 with 1 year extension at most...even that is a lot for an unproven kid
    Lmao if u make a multi-million dollar investment u do not tie them to a 2+1 contract. 3+2 is much more likely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So glad we signed van der weil. Where even more of a world wide contender now. MLS will hopefully turn his career around for the better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Lmao if u make a multi-million dollar investment u do not tie them to a 2+1 contract. 3+2 is much more likely.
    With the recent antics of Larin / OCSC i’m not sure you want your deal to be +anything.

Hard for us to assess how proven he is from this far away ... we shall see

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    I think it only makes sense. Longer term means transfer fee us amortized over longer therefore lower cap hit, and can always have the wink wink deal, where its officially a 5 year deal (so we have a lower cap hit) but we'll sell him by year 3 to Europe if he wants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the video scouting report on Mac Allister he looks good. A young version of Higuain. Promising

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    With the recent antics of Larin / OCSC i’m not sure you want your deal to be +anything.

Hard for us to assess how proven he is from this far away ... we shall see
    Agreed but it hasn’t stopped other clubs this window from doing it. I’m only speaking to likelihood really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WDV wifes Insta

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WDV wifes Insta
    So who is in for greeting them at the airport?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WDV wifes Insta
    hottest wife award?

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    hottest wife award?
    Great. You made me visit her IG page.
    Now how am I supposed to concentrate on anything for the rest of the day?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I guess we could see a picture of him holding up a TFC jersey (with a number? ) by tomorrow. Guess he gets in late afternoon and signs the contract tonight or tomorrow morning