Page 26 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=charlieocc;1860076]
    Quote Originally Posted by Redpunkfiddle View Post

Well "libres de impuestos" would mean free from taxes, but I'd assume there would be taxes beyond that figure, yeah.
    BEFORE taxes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mac Allister appears to be a box-to-box midfielder. Averaging 1.3 tackles, 0.6 interceptions, 1.3 key passes & 2.3 shot attempts per game this season with Argentinos Juniors (same team we purchased Laba from). Has 4 assists in 11 games as a 19 year old. Very intriguing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the guy totera was talking about. Looks like a stud. Young too. Would be animal next to Bradley and can get involved in the play going forward. Ballsy signing. This rumor has me very happy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm....really different in regard to the stated player expectations. Not really an attacking player, and to spend that on a position that's not "really" a need is very intriguing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to know, how can we afford him and Van der Wiel? I know he would come during the summer but, a 4.5 mil transfer fee, plus his salary, would use up most of our TAM. No?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    I want to know, how can we afford him and Van der Wiel? I know he would come during the summer but, a 4.5 mil transfer fee, plus his salary, would use up most of our TAM. No?
    My offseason wish: Sign a compotent RB and a young midfielder that can play now; but be developed for the future. Very happy with these rumours!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody know the rule Atlanta used to get Barco and only have him count towards $175K on the cap? I keep hearing "young designated player" but nobody backs that up with pointing to the actual guideline anywhere where that has been talked about.

Might be applicable in this case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TrebleMaker View Post
    Would it be bad if he took Beitashour's 33?
    What would be bad about a new player using the number a player leaving vacated?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Nos. 2, 15, 23, and 25 are all taken; we can kiss the signing goodbye.
    lol
    Could take 12, 32, or bump Hamilton off of 22. Probably not bumping Morrow or Mavinga off their numbers though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Anybody know the rule Atlanta used to get Barco and only have him count towards $175K on the cap? I keep hearing "young designated player" but nobody backs that up with pointing to the actual guideline anywhere where that has been talked about.

Might be applicable in this case.
    Same way we got Matias Laba after Payne came in.
    "A Designated Player 23 years old or younger during the league year (age of player is determined by year - not date - of birth) will carry the following Young Designated Player Budget Charge:

• Ages 20 and younger: $150,000
    • Ages 21-23: $200,000
    • If such Designated Player joins the club after the opening of the Secondary Transfer Window, he will carry the Mid-Season Youth Designated Player Salary Budget Charge of $150,000 regardless of age.

Clubs may "buy down" the budget charge of a Designated Player with General Allocation money. The reduced charge may not be less than $150,000."

https://www.mlssoccer.com/league/off...nd-regulations

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks...so not applicable as we have 3 DP's already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anyone can find a way - it's Bez

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Barco it's just a case of Atlanta buying down Villalba with TAM to free up a DP spot. Barco takes the DP spot but as he's 18 he falls into the Young DP category and doesn't have a full DP cap hit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Mac Allister appears to be a box-to-box midfielder. Averaging 1.3 tackles, 0.6 interceptions, 1.3 key passes & 2.3 shot attempts per game this season with Argentinos Juniors (same team we purchased Laba from). Has 4 assists in 11 games as a 19 year old. Very intriguing.
    Can he play the piano though?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im sure its not a dp type player.im sure its a tam pickup.its the only way it works.if this rumour is true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steve Gennaro@_sgennaroFollowingFollowing
    @_sgennaro

More

Steve Gennaro Retweeted A. Totera
    Man @4totera is on I can also confirm that this tweet is also true. #TFCLive have their on a handful of different international players. Likely only to sign 1 (maybe 2) but are definitely working it to make sure they use the TAM to its fullest.

The tweet in question states that if the Argentine falls thru, there is a Chilean player they have their eye on instead

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transfer fees are amortized over the life of the contract right? So if the Argentinian McAllister is getting a $4.5 million transfer fee, with say a $750k salary, if we give him a 5 year deal, that would be a cap hit of 900k for transfer and 750k salary, totalling 1.65M, which is TAMable fairly easily along with Vasquez and Van der Wiel, but might not be able to TAM anyone else.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shway View Post
    Hmmm....really different in regard to the stated player expectations. Not really an attacking player, and to spend that on a position that's not "really" a need is very intriguing.
    Hard to know with certainty what the expectations for him are. He started out more of an attacking mid, moved to central or defensive mid over the last couple years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Transfer fees are amortized over the life of the contract right? So if the Argentinian McAllister is getting a $4.5 million transfer fee, with say a $750k salary, if we give him a 5 year deal, that would be a cap hit of 900k for transfer and 750k salary, totalling 1.65M, which is TAMable fairly easily along with Vasquez and Van der Wiel, but might not be able to TAM anyone else.
    This.

And knowing the league the TAM number of $4m in 2018 and 2019 will be $5m in 2020 or more. It will never be less than $4m again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im not even worried about the financial aspect. i understand how the league works at its most basic level but we can only assume and guess what happens behind the scenes. If it happens its cuz Bez sorted it in a reasonable fashion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's my ballpark TAM calculations (trying to be conservative to not get my hopes of even more high profile signings, so went with what I think may be max numbers rather than min)

Vasquez made 700k last year (let's assume he got a raise to $1M just to be safe, may not have gotten one) to TAM him to $150k = $850k (he had no transfer fee according to transfermarkt)

Say we sign MaCallister to a 5year/$750k per year with $4.5M transfer = $1.65M per year = $1.4M to bring to 205k (replace Cooper at $205k) not taking into account Young DP status, not sure how that works)
    Say we sign Van der Wiel to 3 year/$1.5M per year with $1.5M transfer = $2M per year = $1.75M to bring to 250k (replace Beita @ 265k cap)

In total thats $4.00M in TAM.
    It's also assuming we buy them down to replace the cap hit of the players they replace. That's with the assumptions I made. Vasquez may get no raise since he had a deal already, van der Wiel might be cheaper, McAllister annual salary might be far less than 750k (wasn't Laba at 200k?, he's coming from same team, similar age + Young DP). Might even have space for another cheap TAM deal in the 600k-$1M range if my numbers are too high. And of course, McCallister and VdW might not happen anyways
    Last edited by rydermike; 01-25-2018 at 10:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's my ballpark TAM calculations (trying to be conservative to not get my hopes of even more high profile signings, so went with what I think may be max numbers rather than min)

Vasquez made 700k last year (let's assume he got a raise to $1M just to be safe, may not have gotten one) to TAM him to $150k = $850k (he had no transfer fee according to transfermarkt)

Say we sign MaCallister to a 5year/$750k per year with $4.5M transfer = $1.65M per year = $1.4M to bring to 205k (replace Cooper at $205k) not taking into account Young DP status, not sure how that works)
    Say we sign Van der Wiel to 3 year/$1.5M per year with $1.5M transfer = $2M per year = $1.75M to bring to 250k (replace Beita @ 265k cap)

In total thats $4.00M in TAM.
    It's also assuming we buy them down to replace the cap hit of the players they replace. That's with the assumptions I made. Vasquez may get no raise since he had a deal already, van der Wiel might be cheaper, McAllister annual salary might be far less than 750k (wasn't Laba at 200k?, he's coming from same team, similar age + Young DP). Might even have space for another cheap TAM deal in the 600k-$1M range if my numbers are too high. And of course, McCallister and VdW might not happen anyways
    good math, but unless we picked up a 4th DP slot, I don’t think McAllister qualifies for YDP status

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vasquez isn't a DP

No way we are Taming down Jozy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Vasquez isn't a DP

No way we are Taming down Jozy.
    Wait who said VV is a DP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transfer fees count against the cap? I didn't realize that. I figured they were a one-time, up-front payment.

No wonder MLS used to refuse to pay transfer fees as a matter of principle. They would have taken up way too much of the previously small salary cap limits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Altidore isn't going to be re signed to a DP contract after this season...that would be bananas. They most certainly will pay him down with TAM or he'll be taking his talents elsewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T.O TILL I DIE View Post
    I dont know if you missed it but i already explained to someone else that my statement was over exaggerated on purpose. Anyways you can root for him all you like i would love to see him shine, anyone in a TFC jersey for that matter but he had his time to
    do that. He didnt prove anything for the amount of times he played, alot of moans and groans when Spencers on dudes so tall but cant header a ball... i do hope he proves me and many wrong but until than i say its a terrible signing where the gameplay minutes hes gonna get, should've gone to JayHams.
    Oops, just read that one, cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Houston only has one (ONE) forward and we have an unreal number of forwards. Wouldn't mind seeing Akinola, Spencer or Hamilton out on loan there for a season. Manotas and Cubo Torres are two young strikers who have grown greatly under Cabrera.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    good math, but unless we picked up a 4th DP slot, I don’t think McAllister qualifies for YDP status
    I know that he wouldn't be a dp because we have 3,what I meant is since he has dp level salary, maybe if we buy him down to $385,maybe he would still be only be charged $150 on the cap, since he's young dp salary pre-tam saving us 200k on tam. Realize that wasn't clear.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get why we would do this supposed Argentine move, tbh. It doesn’t make sense to me

Where would a stud young DM play?

If we really are signing this McAllister, then we are moving a major piece (Delgado? Bradley?)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”