Page 21 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Morgan is going to come back well. What did he have, a stress fracture? Or was it just a broken foot? Either way, he is hungry, and judging from Delgado’s improvement after riding the bench in 2016 and Osorio’s after riding the bench in 2017, Vanney/Fraser and staff know how to improve players. He was already looking good as a wing back before he got hurt, and with 100+ MLS games will be an able sub. You watch.
    Spot on!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could also put Hagglund or Zav in at RCB and move everyone over one position to their left with Mavinga being the LB if Morrow goes down and they need more defensive security than Morgan offers.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got to ask yourself - who do you want David Accam bombing down at. Hasler? OK I can see it. Hagglund? Not so sure.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, and its official

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find the frequent desire to replace Morgan strange.

He hasn't had a lot of minutes, but he looked good when called upon in July.

If he loses his spot to someone better, OK, but he is a decent MLS backup, and a good guy, a local guy. We should be rooting for him to keep earning his spot, not agitating for him to go.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

☝️.... Makes no sense to me either. A player who is a representation of the fans, who was there through the shit, there through the ship. .. But besides that, he does job when called upon.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    This is hilarious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I find the frequent desire to replace Morgan strange.

He hasn't had a lot of minutes, but he looked good when called upon in July.

If he loses his spot to someone better, OK, but he is a decent MLS backup, and a good guy, a local guy. We should be rooting for him to keep earning his spot, not agitating for him to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shway View Post
    ☝️.... Makes no sense to me either. A player who is a representation of the fans, who was there through the shit, there through the ship. .. But besides that, he does job when called upon.
    This choir that's forming is SO refreshing!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    This is hilarious.
    I lol'd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nepotism seems to continue...

Literally fuck Ben spencer
    Last edited by Shway; 01-22-2018 at 12:58 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[TWEET]

Jesus Christ how many forwards are going to be on this team if they sign another attacker.

RIP JHams, Akinola.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[TWEET]

Spencer being back sorta reminds me of Andy Carroll/Peter Crouch to Chelsea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Spencer being back sorta reminds me of Andy Carroll/Peter Crouch to Chelsea.
    Ouch, haha!

Disappointed they are bringing him back but oh well. He can only play that poorly for so long before his ship is sunk. Results business and all.

But shame that someone like jhams has his minutes cannibalized by such a low-rate plugger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really dislike the claims of nepotism against Vanney. I think it's irresponsible to keep peddling that.

Vanney is just making a mistake, IMO. He sees Spencer as someone he can mold into a reliable hold up striker, but I don't think it's ever going to happen. There may be an element of trying to recover sunk costs here as well, with the amount of time the club has invested in Spencer, between the move to acquire his rights, all the time spent on his rehab, etc. Literally the only complaint I have against Vanney from last year is he took valuable minutes away from Hamilton by playing Spencer. And with Akinola in the fold now I don't want any more bench strikers than we need.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really dislike the claims of nepotism against Vanney. I think it's irresponsible to keep peddling that.

Vanney is just making a mistake, IMO. He sees Spencer as someone he can mold into a reliable hold up striker, but I don't think it's ever going to happen. There may be an element of trying to recover sunk costs here as well, with the amount of time the club has invested in Spencer, between the move to acquire his rights, all the time spent on his rehab, etc. Literally the only complaint I have against Vanney from last year is he took valuable minutes away from Hamilton by playing Spencer. And with Akinola in the fold now I don't want any more bench strikers than we need.
    Yep, that's would be my view on it too.

I really want Hamilton to get close to the 1000 mins he got in 2016 this year and Spencer gets in the way of that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zaveleta is a starter. We will play the 3-5-2 more often then the 4-4-2.

This isn't nepotism.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Jesus Christ how many forwards are going to be on this team if they sign another attacker.

RIP JHams, Akinola.
    Hamilton is not going to be a starter in this league. He needs the CPL to happen soon.

Akinola on the other hand has a real shot. He needs to impress with TFCII.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Yep, that's would be my view on it too.

I really want Hamilton to get close to the 1000 mins he got in 2016 this year and Spencer gets in the way of that.
    The main thing about Spencer is that Vanney, and Timmy went on record talking about players won't get to the first team without proving themselves on TFCII. In regard to the players that this was made in reference to, lets look at the stats.

Molham Babouli played 26 games scored 4 goals, and got 5 assists.
    Raheem Edwards played 41 games scored 8 goals, and got 3 assists.

All these stats were acquired before they were promoted to the first team.

Ben Spencer played 13 games scored 0 goals, and 0 assists and was signed to the first team.

All in all he doesn't deserve these countless number of opportunities.
    Some say this isn't nepotism...but I've directly heard from a teammate that Ben Spencer lives with Vanney.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    Hamilton is not going to be a starter in this league. He needs the CPL to happen soon.

Akinola on the other hand has a real shot. He needs to impress with TFCII.
    Lol...Where does this come from?
    Hamilton is 21 and has played 25 MLS games, scored 5 and assisted on 3......while sitting being behind the best strike force the league has ever seen.

Where's the logic to your sentiment?

Small tidbit: In 2015 Jordan asked to be traded, and New England Revolution wanted him.....TFC wanted Lee Nyguen in return.
    Last edited by Shway; 01-22-2018 at 02:42 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why does everyone think Vanney is some kind of idiot when it comes to Spencer?

Spencer is obviously showing something in scrimmages/practice. There is no other reason that he played, or will play. None.

Strike rate for players who play as infrequently as Hamilton or Spencer is not that telling.

Vanney may be proven to be wrong, but why would you assume that? He owns spotting and turning Delgado and Zavaleta into valuable assets. He deserves more respect than he is getting.

It's not that complicated.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spencer is obviously showing something in scrimmages/practice. There is no other reason that he played, or will play. None.

Strike rate for players who play as infrequently as Hamilton or Spencer is not that telling.

Vanney may be proven to be wrong, but why would you assume that? He owns spotting and turning Delgado and Zavaleta into valuable assets. He deserves more respect than he is getting.

I think it's really that Spencer has not looked at all the part in the minutes he's gotten. Hamilton has at least looked like he belongs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, yea there's practice that we as fans don't see. But we as fans know the back history and relationship between the two that never should be neglected to the fact of his opportunities presented.

Secondly, we as fans, and the coaching staff has the ability to assess what he does in game by not only watching his small sample size in the MLS, but also what he has done at the USL level. I do believe a lot of fans just talk based on the fact that they have the right to back the manager with no reasoning, and I do believe that a lot of fans don't watch TFC II games. If they do, majority would share the same sentiment towards Spencer.

Finally. If you are a striker...your job is to either set up goals, or score them....how do you ignore those stats irregardless of how infrequent one plays. It should be a telling stat...thats how supersubs are determined right?
    Last edited by Shway; 01-22-2018 at 02:55 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I think it's really that Spencer has not looked at all the part in the minutes he's gotten. Hamilton has at least looked like he belongs.
    I disagree with how he has looked. I remember Spencer looking pretty good in the Columbus rout in May, he created space, even though he didn’t score. I remember at NYCFC, Spencer making a great play in the buildup to Morgan's goal, then missing a sitter late. From that moment onward, people were done with him, all they remembered was the sitter.

I think there's a view that's he is just taking minutes from a promising young Canadian. That is totally true, but it's a different problem. Vanney is incented to try to grow US domestics, which we don't / won’t get paid for.

But that part belongs in the CPL thread. Hating Spencer (or Vanney) for that is wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ben Spencer played 13 games scored 0 goals, and 0 assists and was signed to the first team.

All in all he doesn't deserve these countless number of opportunities.
    Some say this isn't nepotism...but I've directly heard from a teammate that Ben Spencer lives with Vanney.
    Let's be accurate here, he had a goal and 3 assists in those 13 games. And he had 2 assists in MLS this past season.

The fact that they live together doesn't say anything about whether Vanney is unfairly favoring him or not. Spencer and Hamilton played almost the same number of minutes, Vanney didn't seem to lean towards one or the other. It's Ricketts who took up almost all the first-choice substitute minutes, which is why Hamilton's minutes tanked.

I don't think Spencer will pan out but calling nepotism... I don't see it and I think it's a low blow on Vanney.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe if some players that this boards argues should be playing weren't entitled or had more drive they would get more minutes....

I have heard that many of the TFC academy graduates don't have their heads screwed on right...

All the talent in the world, but no drive or understanding on what it takes to be a pro. Hence why they don't get minutes or even the game day roster

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no new info here,other then what kinda players they are looking for.
    Gareth WheelerVerified account @WheelerTSNFollowFollow
    @WheelerTSN

More

Vanney hilights the need to add to the right side and the midfield to address losses of Beitashour, Cooper and Cheyrou. Perhaps a different kind of attacking player too. Knives are in the fire. Would come from teams currently in their season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spencer needs a TFC II contract to learn how to head balls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's be accurate here, he had a goal and 3 assists in those 13 games. And he had 2 assists in MLS this past season.
    I stand corrected with not adding 1 assist, but not completetly wrong.

Timeline:

First assist - March 26, 2017 against Phoenix Rising
    Spencer signs to the first team on May 2nd, 2017.
    Goal & 2nd assist - August 27, 2017 against Charlotte Independence
    3rd assist - October 15, 2017 against FC Cincinnati

MLS Stats

Ben Spencer - 0 Goals & 2 assists in 179 mins
    Jordan Hamilton - 2 Goals & 2 Assists in 141 mins

say no more.