Page 16 of 55 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BenRhodes23 View Post
    Maybe an MLS team that needs a striker. He'd at least make the bench on most teams in my opinion
    i like this idea, DC only has three on the roster (no DP's) atm could be a decent spot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    i like this idea, DC only has three on the roster (no DP's) atm could be a decent spot
    Maybe NE after getting rid of Kamara

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BenRhodes23 View Post
    Maybe NE after getting rid of Kamara
    Not too confident of Hamilton having to compete with Nemeth and Agudelo

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also id rather he stay here, gonna be playing in two tournaments and the league.
    Not as worried about Hamiltons development as some.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Efrain Jaurez is a really poor and un-ambitious signing for Vancouver. Was a disaterous signing for Celtic - got only 10-15 starts after a 2Million pound deal. Hasn’t played for Mexico in years. Nerwinski better stay fit or they are toast.

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Whitecaps have talented sophmore Jake Nerwinski and new signing Mexican international Efrain Juarez at RB. Looks like they've finally come in from the cold and sorted out their RB issues after giving up Beita three years ago. Long are the days of the Jordan Smith-Fraser Aird Neptune sized blackhole occupying the right side of the field for the Whitecaps.

Petrasso still seems unlikely to me. I don't think he's better than Hasler. Probably wouldn't push him the same way Beita or a player of his caliber would fight for minutes at that spot. Just very unambitious. Plus we gotta use our TAM on something. Seems the most obvious move to use it there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Efrain Jaurez is a really poor and un-ambitious signing for Vancouver. Was a disaterous signing for Celtic - got only 10-15 starts after a 2Million pound deal. Hasn’t played for Mexico in years. Nerwinski better stay fit or they are toast.
    Mexican footballer in unable to adapt to thuggish scottish football,dark skies, air thick with depression and haggis schocker!. Color me not surprised. His resume in mexico speaks for itself. He'll be a fine RB and so will Nerwinski.
    Last edited by molenshtain; 01-16-2018 at 04:59 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    gregs love for americans? really have no idea.

Spencer had his chances and was cut
    JH did not have his chances, and was not cut

tough to figure out the logic
    Touché kind sir!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ives is linking TFC with USMNT winger/forward Rubio Rubin.

Supposedly. Can't access his article on Goal cos we are in Canada and Sporting News doesn't have it up on their site yet.

EDIT: VPNed it

Rubio Rubin is the only player in the current U.S. national team camp without a team, but that is drawing closer and closer to no longer being the case as he and Major League Soccer work toward reaching an agreement on a contract.
    MLS is in negotiations with the 21-year-old forward, sources confirmed to Goalon Monday. Rubin is a free agent after leaving Norwegian side Stabaek at the end of last season, the second of two unsuccessful club stints in 2017. He also spent half a season with Danish side Silkeborg but managed just three appearances before a short stint in Norway.
    At least four MLS teams are interest in acquiring Rubin, who will have to go through the allocation order, which is used to determine where returning U.S. national team players go in MLS. The interested teams, which one source says includes MLS Cup winner Toronto FC and expansion side Los Angeles FC, are hoping to land the player who looked so good with the U.S. at the 2015 U-20 World Cup.

Rubin looked destined for success when, at age 18, he made his senior U.S. national team debut, starting in an exhibition loss to Colombia in November 2014. Earlier that year he turned pro by signing with Dutch side Utrecht after establishing himself as one of the top prospects in American soccer.

The U-20 World Cup was his breakout event, as he tied as the U.S. team's leading scorer in its run to the quarterfinals, where the Americans were beaten by eventual champion Serbia. Rubin was unable to build on that success, though, as a serious ankle injury sidelined him for much of the next year.
    Rubin left Utrecht a year ago, but his subsequent stints in Denmark and Norway failed to generate a stable situation. His status as one of the better forward prospects in the U.S. pipeline earned him a place in the January national team camp, despite the fact he is a free agent and hadn't played much in recent months.
    Despite the time out of the spotlight, Rubin is still a sought-after target by several MLS teams. He also has drawn interest from clubs in Liga MX, though at this point an MLS deal looks more likely.
    Last edited by Areathrasher; 01-15-2018 at 10:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Ives is linking TFC with USMNT winger/forward Rubio Rubin.

Supposedly. Can't access his article on Goal cos we are in Canada and Sporting News doesn't have it up on their site yet.

EDIT: VPNed it
    Worth a punt, but yet again I ask the question what does this mean for JHams would effectively be our 5th striker in the rotation

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Rumour Mill: Chris Mavinga wants out/more $$ ??

Just removed any written remarks to being associated with Toronto FC on his twitter and instagram signatures.

Maybe i'm reading too much into this, but definately worth looking more into.
    2020 Away Days: San Jose (Feb 29)
    2019 Away Days:
    Philadelphia (March 2), Montreal (July 13, September 18), New York City (October 23), Atlanta (October 30), Seattle MLS CUP (November 10)
    2018 Away Days: Monterrey MX (March 13), Mexico City (April 10), Guadalajara MX (April 25), Montreal (Oct 21)
    2017 Away Days
    : Salt Lake City, Philly, LA, ATL, NJ, Columbus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weird. Will be interesting to see what developments, if any, come from this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i noticed that also.it is strange,maybe our sleeping jurnos will look into that

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possibly a last ditch effort to resign Beitashour? Few journo's said that Beita to LAFC was a done deal last week, but here we are a week later and he is still a free agent.
    He made close to Mavinga's salary last season as well. My guess is Mav's is wanting a hefty raise.
    2020 Away Days: San Jose (Feb 29)
    2019 Away Days:
    Philadelphia (March 2), Montreal (July 13, September 18), New York City (October 23), Atlanta (October 30), Seattle MLS CUP (November 10)
    2018 Away Days: Monterrey MX (March 13), Mexico City (April 10), Guadalajara MX (April 25), Montreal (Oct 21)
    2017 Away Days
    : Salt Lake City, Philly, LA, ATL, NJ, Columbus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sigh.

I was hoping there would be no drama this off-season ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if I would read to much into it yet. His profile picture on instagram and twitter is still one of the hype photos from the playoffs last year. On his Instagram page he has "Loading........ (with a wire and electrical plug)" , considering how active he is on social media I think this may just be his version of getting ready for pre-season. We will find out for sure in a week when training camp opens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, this doesn't look good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mavinga would be a massive loss. He's probably the best CB in the league (the rest of the league just isn't quite as aware of him yet). If not the best overall, then at least the best tackler. I've never seen a guy tackle like him. I REALLY hope we keep him. His contribution to this season isn't as visible as someone like Vazquez, but it's in the same ballpark.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djcuse View Post
    Just removed any written remarks to being associated with Toronto FC on his twitter and instagram signatures.

He definately did not scrub his Twitter of TFC. He retweeted Jozy's "shithole" tweet and still has up stuff from December about TFC.

He's in France right now. There's a passing reference to some team that could have had him when he wasn't under contract but that's about it.

Nothing to see here I suspect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    He definately did not scrub his Twitter of TFC. He retweeted Jozy's "shithole" tweet and still has up stuff from December about TFC.

He's in France right now. There's a passing reference to some team that could have had him when he wasn't under contract but that's about it.

Fingers crossed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    At one point Varney seemed to say that he drifts in and out of games. Despite that, Hamilton has had excellent moments. The same criticism used to be levelled at Jozy ...
    isnt that what pure strikers do? Reminds me of Defoe (without all the mommy issues)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Mavinga would be a massive loss. He's probably the best CB in the league (the rest of the league just isn't quite as aware of him yet). If not the best overall, then at least the best tackler. I've never seen a guy tackle like him. I REALLY hope we keep him. His contribution to this season isn't as visible as someone like Vazquez, but it's in the same ballpark.
    Mavinga and VV are the final pieces. you need both of this this thing to work aswell as it does.

His sliding tackles are pure joy to watch. He;s mastered the sliding reach around

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

He's talking about the description's in his profiles
    Last edited by Areathrasher; 01-16-2018 at 10:15 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    Mavinga and VV are the final pieces. you need both of this this thing to work aswell as it does.

His sliding tackles are pure joy to watch. He;s mastered the sliding reach around
    Totally!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC made Mavinga's career relevant again and his $300,000 guaranteed was a pretty good mutual deal, I don't think he's going anywhere or seems like he wants to.

Bless Irwin but he can barely move anymore and takes a big salary, I don't understand why he hasn't been moved considering the cap space situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nonc View Post
    Bless Irwin but he can barely move anymore and takes a big salary, I don't understand why he hasn't been moved considering the cap space situation.
    Cause we would be screwed if Bono goes down injured... and we need 2 keepers on the roster. Remember we released Pais.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The roster as it stands right now

Goalkeepers (2): Alex Bono, Clint Irwin
    Defenders (6): Nick Hagglund, Nicolas Hasler, Chris Mavinga, Ashtone Morgan, Justin Morrow, Drew Moor
    Midfielders (5): Michael Bradley, Jay Chapman, Marky Delgado, Jonathan Osorio, Victor Vazquez
    Forwards (5): Jozy Altidore, Sebastian Giovinco, Jordan Hamilton, Tosaint Ricketts, Ayo Akinola

Still no word on a new deal for Zavs and now this Mavinga stuff....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    The hell is going on Mavinga is liking tweets of fans saying he should maybe return to Europe and another about him going to Montreal (link below) front office needs to figure out their shit

https://twitter.com/jayt1815_jeremy/...97922940665857

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/chris_mavinga/st...81001041518592

This makes it sound like the only thing stopping him from going to Montreal is being under contract with us. Honestly beginning to lose any affinity I had for the guy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    https://twitter.com/chris_mavinga/st...81001041518592

This makes it sound like the only thing stopping him from going to Montreal is being under contract with us. Honestly beginning to lose any affinity I had for the guy
    My French is horrid, but to me it looks like he said, at the time when he was available blue and black had the opportunity to sign him but a proposal never got to him.

@Chris_MavingaReplying to @mrfootdefootI am still under contract so I am not the only decision maker. The team in blue and black as you said had all these chances at the time but their proposal never reached me
    Last edited by Carter; 01-16-2018 at 12:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The response is saying that he is under contract so any return to Europe would not solely be up to him and in regards to the Impact he simply says that they had their chance like everyone else but but no offer ever came his way

Guys the dude loves winning so much why would he leave for anywhere else in MLS