Page 15 of 55 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Hmm... I wouldn't be surprised if Petrasso was coming here, considering how Bez said they are looking for a more offensive winger. And I'd be surprised if Petrasso doesn't already have a club lined up since it was termination by mutual consent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He’s not bad. I’d suspect it’s the whitecaps however. This looks like their type of signing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    He’s not bad. I’d suspect it’s the whitecaps however. This looks like their type of signing.
    Whitecaps have talented sophmore Jake Nerwinski and new signing Mexican international Efrain Juarez at RB. Looks like they've finally come in from the cold and sorted out their RB issues after giving up Beita three years ago. Long are the days of the Jordan Smith-Fraser Aird Neptune sized blackhole occupying the right side of the field for the Whitecaps.

Petrasso still seems unlikely to me. I don't think he's better than Hasler. Probably wouldn't push him the same way Beita or a player of his caliber would fight for minutes at that spot. Just very unambitious. Plus we gotta use our TAM on something. Seems the most obvious move to use it there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Went to school with the guy hes an alright player nothing on TFC caliber yet. That would be a disappointing signing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ oh I certainly wouldn’t call it ambitious either. But he has enough potential where I wouldn’t mind having him on the roster.

Definitely more backup than starter, as you mentioned.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The rumour that TFC offered Beitashour less then what he was getting indicates they might think Hasler is more starter then he was last year. But then, the other reports of them wanting a true winger type might indicate otherwise.

Sooo....

Is Hasler a starter on an MLS cup competitive team?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So far we know we lost Cheyrou to retirement and Beitashour and Edwards are gone as well. I am still concerned why we haven't resigned Zavaleta, Cooper, Hernandez, Endoh?

Also if we just received 3 million in allocation money how are we strapped for cash?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by michaeltfc91 View Post
    So far we know we lost Cheyrou to retirement and Beitashour and Edwards are gone as well. I am still concerned why we haven't resigned Zavaleta, Cooper, Hernandez, Endoh?

Also if we just received 3 million in allocation money how are we strapped for cash?
    Who said we were strapped for cash?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by michaeltfc91 View Post

It because cap space and tam are two different things. For instance you can't use TAM to up an offer to a guy by say 50-100K.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    Hmm... I wouldn't be surprised if Petrasso was coming here, considering how Bez said they are looking for a more offensive winger. And I'd be surprised if Petrasso doesn't already have a club lined up since it was termination by mutual consent
    You could be right.
    Grego-Cox, the other player released by QPR today, signed with another club pretty much straight away.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Who said we were strapped for cash?
    Bez and Manning in a few of the end-of-the-season interviews with Molinaro/Larson/Kloke/Armstrong/etc.
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Petrasso but not at a number over 200k too much of a gamble

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we’re so strapped for budget space why is Irwin not off the roster yet for GAM?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    Bez and Manning in a few of the end-of-the-season interviews with Molinaro/Larson/Kloke/Armstrong/etc.
    strapped for cash this past season sure, but there's a lot that's changed. dead contracts shifted off, others negotiating or already signed to new contracts. Plus you have to factor in Annual cap increase, Contracts coming off the books from guys who aren't on the team, as well as the huge influx of TAM.

Bono and Zavs are probably the only guys who are getting significant raises. Everyone else - the Coopers and the Beitashours' and the Moors of the world - are being offered cuts to stay so we can invest elsewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Endoh? Please no... we need a championship team here.. we're better than that, go hard or don't go at all

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's long term thinking involved in this. Seba might very well be gone after 2019. At that time, our tactics might significantly change.

The example of how this shakes out is Endoh.

He is out of contract but going to camp to try to win a spot in the 21 or with TFCII. He was drafted back before we started the 3-5-2. He fits a certain tactical approach. He actually had a decent start in his first year but tailed off. Having watched him a bit for TFCII, I think he would start for a couple of MLS teams and be the first off the bench for a couple more. If we ever go to a 4-3-3 or to a wide 4-4-2 or to a 4-2-3-1, Endoh is depth for that right forward/winger spot. We are not going to a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 until after Seba leaves but Endoh remains an option if we go with a 4-4-2. If Endoh is kept around, that means the braintrust is thinking of 2020 (when Seba might be gone). On the depth chart, he would currently be #19-#21 - he's serviceable at that spot. Assuming he keeps up his work rate (everybody says he works as hard in camp as anybody else), I'd keep him for a couple of more seasons at the minimum wage.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 01-13-2018 at 07:24 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont mind endoh.but his prob is that he counts has a import.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On Europeans in Central America, I'll leave one name. Gignac.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    On Europeans in Central America, I'll leave one name. Gignac.
    That would an interesting signing but I don't see it happening. We already have 5 promising strikers: Giovinco, Altidore, Ricketts, Hamilton and Akinola.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BenRhodes23 View Post
    That would an interesting signing but I don't see it happening. We already have 5 promising strikers: Giovinco, Altidore, Ricketts, Hamilton and Akinola.
    Maybe it's just me but i still really wanna see what they do with Jordan Hamilton this season. I buy into his potential to be at least a starter in this league. He needs first team minutes at a level above USL and if we sign another forward as the FO wishes that should push him further down the depth chart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Maybe it's just me but i still really wanna see what they do with Jordan Hamilton this season. I buy into his potential to be at least a starter in this league. He needs first team minutes at a level above USL and if we sign another forward as the FO wishes that should push him further down the depth chart.
    I feel bad for the guy. I think it's best for his career that he leaves but I hope he doesn't

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel bad for the guy. I think it's best for his career that he leaves but I hope he doesn't
    The thing is where does he leave to? I feel like he might of gone out on loan to Europe again but his initial experience there was so poor i doubt it'll ever happen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing is where does he leave to? I feel like he might of gone out on loan to Europe again but his initial experience there was so poor i doubt it'll ever happen
    Maybe an MLS team that needs a striker. He'd at least make the bench on most teams in my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve heard the rumour that JH isn’t exactly working his ass off during practices and that’s why he didn’t make many first team appearances. My source could be blowing smoke, who knows, but knowing what I know of The Gregfather, where there is smoke....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not saying we'd sign him simply saying Europeans can play well against Mexican/Central American teams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    I’ve heard the rumour that JH isn’t exactly working his ass off during practices and that’s why he didn’t make many first team appearances. My source could be blowing smoke, who knows, but knowing what I know of The Gregfather, where there is smoke....
    i think they would have cut him my now then.

Bradley demands that this team only has players of strong character. And players speak well of JH. Maybe he was lazy at one point, but MB would have torn him a new one by now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    i think they would have cut him my now then.

Bradley demands that this team only has players of strong character. And players speak well of JH. Maybe he was lazy at one point, but MB would have torn him a new one by now
    Then why hasn’t he featured many first team minutes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    Then why hasn’t he featured many first team minutes?
    gregs love for americans? really have no idea.

Spencer had his chances and was cut
    JH did not have his chances, and was not cut

tough to figure out the logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    gregs love for americans? really have no idea.

Spencer had his chances and was cut
    JH did not have his chances, and was not cut

tough to figure out the logic
    At one point Varney seemed to say that he drifts in and out of games. Despite that, Hamilton has had excellent moments. The same criticism used to be levelled at Jozy ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wolfsburg. Two players, one dream: the big breakthrough in Europe. Two young players from Canada are currently approaching this goal. Noble Okello and Mustafa Abdi Zakaria actually play in the youth academy of the MLS Cup winner FC Toronto, but are currently undergoing a trial training at the ...

saw this on twitter.yes im bored.