It would make for an interesting song

Joooooooohnson, wherever you be
    Can you find my toilet seat?.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    You kids are so impatient. Bez is not an idiot. Trust Bez to make the right signing at right price.

Mavinga didn't sign until end of jan last yr. Vasquez late Feb.

I doubt Bez is going to pay inflated prize during jan transfer window with clubs and agents driving up the price.
    Exactly. Bez has improved out team each year by making quality signings. I have complete faith in our front office.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    Exactly. Bez has improved out team each year by making quality signings. I have complete faith in our front office.
    Would love to see Toronto re-invest that playoff money and take a run at Barco

-----Altidore-Giovinco
    Barco-Vazquez-Delgado
    -------Bradley----------

that's looking like mid table EPL quality not even joking!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not if you do your homework.

Bez is type of guy who has like 4 players in mind for every signing he wants to make.

There will be no panic buy from Bez.
    Fair enough

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm hoping they get Beita to re-sign. If we do that, we'll still be deep in most positions.

I know Edwards was a loss but I still think Ashtone Morgan can still contribute a lot at this level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    I'm hoping they get Beita to re-sign. If we do that, we'll still be deep in most positions.

I know Edwards was a loss but I still think Ashtone Morgan can still contribute a lot at this level.
    Morgan can't cross. He has no skill his passing is horrible even ttc 2 martial at best. He's done what he could bit has no place on this team. I hope he makes me eat my words but I highly doubt it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 19Barrett19 View Post
    Morgan can't cross. He has no skill his passing is horrible even ttc 2 martial at best. He's done what he could bit has no place on this team. I hope he makes me eat my words but I highly doubt it
    Morgan has plenty of MLS experience, for the role he has to play he does just fine, having Raheem last year was an unexpected luxury

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Morgan has plenty of MLS experience, for the role he has to play he does just fine, having Raheem last year was an unexpected luxury
    Unexpected? He came up through the system. Anyone who seen him play before his first team appearance knew he was going to be good. Malik Johnson is next up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shway View Post
    Unexpected? He came up through the system. Anyone who seen him play before his first team appearance knew he was going to be good. Malik Johnson is next up.
    He was an impact player deserving of starting on almost any MLS team, furthermore, he became 1 of 2 players involved in a trade for a Belgium national team centreback in which he was certainly more than 50% of the value. He was projected to be successful, but this successful? C'mon.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 19Barrett19 View Post
    Morgan is definitely a fantastic crosser of the ball and still a good quality backup LB in this league. I know it was 6 years ago at this point, but in 2012 I believe he led all left backs with 5 assists, all of them were crosses onto the head of Ryan Johnson / Koevermans. The issue is he has no right foot and can only play one position which is left back so his minutes are limited with Justin Morrow bossing that position

He had a couple assists when he got big minutes in 2015 and always seems to play well when he gets a consistent run of games and hopefully that can happen this year. He will be a very good backup left back this year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ll dispute that Morgan’s crossing is great. It feels very forced at times and it’s always that high driven ball across the box regardless of whether that’s what the play calls for or not. Edwards was a far better crosser if the ball and was much more versatile with his passing and offensive play in general.

I think Morgan (potentially) is a serviceable backup. He’s been around long enough to understand the league. They’ll probably give that half a season to see if it works.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morgan is the sole remaining link from those woeful TFC teams from the past. He is the historian who reminds players of what it used to be like during the dark times and a repository of information on CCL play to tell players of what it's like to play Mexican teams. I think this is one of the reasons why the club has kept him around for so long.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Morgan is the sole remaining link from those woeful TFC teams from the past. He is the historian who reminds players of what it used to be like during the dark times and a repository of information on CCL play to tell players of what it's like to play Mexican teams. I think this is one of the reasons why the club has kept him around for so long.
    I am surprised every year that Morgan is still on the roster just because he has been here so long without getting regular first team minutes or even making the 18 on game days. Newer players like Raheem coming in and getting time ahead of him pretty much right away doesn't speak well for where he is on the pecking order yet he is still here. I guess he is probably a half decent back up at probably a very low price tag so they keep him around just in case the injury bug hits bad especially now that Raheem is gone so that helps his case this season. No idea how he is progressing as a player because we almost never see him play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morgan was injured most of last year. He didn’t have a chance for first team minutes.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post

I would take Victor Vazquez's advice on playing Mexican teams over Morgans - so that's not a reason to keep him around.

I do agree with him being a crazy old historian who hangs out in front of the training grounds screaming and rambling at players about what it was like in the dark days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    I would take Victor Vazquez's advice on playing Mexican teams over Morgans - so that's not a reason to keep him around.

I do agree with him being a crazy old historian who hangs out in front of the training grounds screaming and rambling at players about what it was like in the dark days.
    I remember once that I saw Morgan sub on for Giovinco and I thought to myself, "This has got to be the weirdest substitution in the history of competitive soccer."

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This just seems mean.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blkndkr View Post
    This just seems mean.
    Mean and funny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ola Kamara and Justin Meram are both available. I think Meram would be good on the wing for TFC.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meram wants DP money

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The crazy thing about the way we see Morgan is he's only 26 - it feels like it's been so long since we were horrible...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just for the sake of stats

https://www.transfermarkt.com/ashton.../1?saison=2016

Morgan played in 6 games for TFC last year - starting 3.

Stats for the year for the whole team

https://www.transfermarkt.com/toront...%262016/plus/1
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 01-05-2018 at 06:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Just for the sake of stats

https://www.transfermarkt.com/ashton.../1?saison=2016

Morgan played in 6 games for TFC last year - starting 3.

Stats for the year for the whole team

https://www.transfermarkt.com/toront...%262016/plus/1
    I still think he can succeed as an attacking wing back, back in the Koeverman days I remember him delivering some great crosses.

Its too bad his injuries have slowed him down, if he can get healthy I would like to have him as a super sub off the bench to harass players on the wings, kind of like a Rickets.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    if he can get healthy I would like to have him as a super sub off the bench to harass players on the wings, kind of like a Rickets.
    He's more like an "ordinary" sub, not a "super" sub. Rickets is a super sub.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mearm would be a nice addition to the midfield

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    Mearm would be a nice addition to the midfield
    How would Meram fit in a 4-4-2 diamond or 3-5-2? He's a wide forward/winger who likes to cut in from the flanks. And he's not going to be a wingback.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How would Meram fit in a 4-4-2 diamond or 3-5-2? He's a wide forward/winger who likes to cut in from the flanks. And he's not going to be a wingback.

-------Gio-Altidore
    Mearm-Vazquez-Delgado
    -------Bradley--------

Can't Mearm also play as a CAM?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mean and funny
    Granted.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morgan showed some quality in his limited minutes last year.

I definitely think Morgan is on the bubble if we spend the 2.8M in TAM.

I have faith in Vanney on Morgan. If Morgan deserves to be in the 18, he will. If not, not.

I hope we can keep him.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Morgan showed some quality in his limited minutes last year.

I definitely think Morgan is on the bubble if we spend the 2.8M in TAM.

I have faith in Vanney on Morgan. If Morgan deserves to be in the 18, he will. If not, not.

I hope we can keep him.
    It's good to have some cheap Canadian subs, It's probably played a reason in our success. He's a decent back up LB.